Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Error cards these days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Some are rare and some were just a sorry excuse of a guerrilla marketing campaign a la 2007 topps Jeter / Mantle / Bush card

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
There is only ever any value to an error card if it has a more common corrected version. No error has value on its own.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Planned variations seem to be much more in demand than accidental ones these days.

Granted this is mostly because there weren't as many choices long ago.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I was searching around for some of the old Pro Set football card errors that I remember going after when I was a kid and I'm still amazed by how much they sell for today.

That said, there are a lot of error on cards these days but no one seems to care.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
On newer stuff. Mostly because they don't correct anything anymore they'll never be worth anything. Yet Dexter Manley substance abuse error still sell for $100.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
Ahh, Dexter Manley errors sell in the 300 or higher range. I pulled a josh Johnson error where text on the back is missing in a certain area. Not a scratch or erased just missing. I think collectors today need to be told what to collect or what is rare. Back in my day (man I'm old) if a card is hard to come by then it's rare. Ex. Thomas no name, Ripken fface, 1990 topps black errors, whiten elbow outside frame. So when I pulled the josh Johnson I had flashbacks to the good old days. Before pre-made errors.

Members online

Latest posts