Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Excellent points and I don't disagree. I guess I just don't understand why their time was worth so much more than mine. Or why they would send different things to some people.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Good afternoon guys.

George- Congrats to you and the family! Incredible!

I have a moral dilemma and I would like your input.

I was one of twenty who won a contest from Klipsch Audio to do a Google + hangout with Roy Hibbert. Due to technical difficulties, it was not able to happen. Klipsch had Roy sign 20 pairs of headphones to send to the 20 of us who did not get to have the hangout.

Since Friday, I have been seeing people tweet pictures of their signed headphones arriving. They were receiving $350 M40 headphones. Those are the top of line Klipsch headphones. Today, I received mine. It's $50 earbuds. I know it's free and I am grateful, but I feel really let down.

The dilemma and question is this, am I wrong to say something? That is a pretty big disparity there. We all missed out on the same opportunity, why were we not all sent the same thing?

I talked to Crystal and she agrees with me. I really feel that I am right, but I feel bad about myself for being disappointed and a little upset about this.

That stinks, I feel that you could politely inquire about it being a mistake.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
But, maybe they meant to send you those headphones and the order got mixed up. Maybe you can find a non-confrontational way to bring it up to them and ask.

They're signed "To: Joe".

Again, I'm the ******* no matter what here. It just also bugs me that the really nice headphones have a box that opens. My earbuds have to be ripped out of the package. The other people can use their headphones and keep the autograph and everything in tact. If I want to use mine, I have to rip them open and it will look like XXXX.

I know that's lame on my part, but I am irritated. I should and will probably just move on from it. I'm just a bit disappointed at the moment.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Hello all! July 23rd, we welcomed two new little people into our family. Everyone is doing great and healthy! It was a long pregnancy and really pushed B to the limit.

See a photo of them with their adoring big sister below along with details of our nearly 15lbs of arrivals!

Vera Vasiliki: (on right in photo)

Height/weight-- 19½”, 7lbs, 8oz

Meaning truth or faith, she’s named for B’s great grandma Vera Gilmore Gibson, the only other twin in the family; and G’s Yia-yia, Vasiliki Calfas; her Greek name day is October 4th (Bridget’s birthday!)

Gabriel Aristotle:

Height/weight-- 20½”, 6lbs, 13oz

Meaning “God is my strength” and Aristotle is of course G’s “real” name; there are many Orthodox name days including the Synaxis of the Archangel Gabriel on July 13th (George’s birthday).

null_zps9a50bbc0.jpg

Congratulations for the new addition's to the Calfas family. Best wishes for the health of the double bundle of joy, and I'll bet your wife is really relieved. Best of health to your wife also. This is so awesome!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Congrats George - happy to hear all are healthy and doing well. Please stamp them 1/2 and 2/2 so we can tell them apart.

Won an auction last night - best 90's insert.

$(KGrHqMOKooE6eVU7UV4BRcwJ(Iw,!~~60_3.JPG

I know I was gone for two weeks ... but did we dump Charlie for a new Dawson collector ;) Good to see another Cub collector in the MT. Welcome [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION].

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Joe - You are the contest winning Champ of the MT. Take the freebie and keep winning. I know it can be upsetting, that you didn't get the high dollar headsets. But you did get something for doing absolutely nothing...Right?

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Good afternoon everyone!!

George - AWESOME news, congrats to all of you!! C already looks like the best big sister :)

Took a double take at the 2013 A&G checklist: why in the world would Henry Rollins, Jason Dufner and Bill Walton receive 2 base cards?? Looks wrong to me, especially with the duplicates being #348 , #349 and #350 .

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
They're signed "To: Joe".

Again, I'm the ******* no matter what here. It just also bugs me that the really nice headphones have a box that opens. My earbuds have to be ripped out of the package. The other people can use their headphones and keep the autograph and everything in tact. If I want to use mine, I have to rip them open and it will look like XXXX.

I know that's lame on my part, but I am irritated. I should and will probably just move on from it. I'm just a bit disappointed at the moment.

Ahh, I see. I missed that part.

In that case I'd just leave it as it is.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Congrats George - happy to hear all are healthy and doing well. Please stamp them 1/2 and 2/2 so we can tell them apart.

Won an auction last night - best 90's insert.

$(KGrHqMOKooE6eVU7UV4BRcwJ(Iw,!~~60_3.JPG

I know I was gone for two weeks ... but did we dump Charlie for a new Dawson collector ;) Good to see another Cub collector in the MT. Welcome @Hawk8.

Thanks for the welcome, but Im not here to replace anyone. Go Cubbies!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
He's kiddin'

Charlie is a big Dawson collector himself but he doesn't come around much.

Yeah [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION], Charlie is [MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION], he is a big Dawson collector from my neck of the woods (Northern Illinois). You two would have a lot to talk about.

Do you have a website or photobucket for your Dawson cards? Would love to see scans. Hawk was a favorite of mine too.

Grace/Hawk combos:
04DONRUSSDKTEAMTIMELINE.jpg
04DONRUSSDKTTBATS25.jpg
04DONRUSSDKTTJERSEYS25.jpg

05LEAFCUC.jpg
05LEAFCUCDIECUT250.jpg
05UDSPLEGCUTSSIGTRIPS10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts