Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Finally got the (New) Current Centerpiece of my PC in the mail, and the card is in WAY better condition than I expected.....

The surface is actually the worst part. There are two ultra thin, 2-3 mm scratches on the surface by the Lettering on his Chest. Also two ultra thin 3-4 mm scratches on the top front of his helmet. One small little print bubble in the orange in the bottom right corner. Back surface was damn near perfect, didnt even see any minor flaws. Probably a 9, but would hope that it would be 9.5 =\

T/B centering is 54/46, L/R Centering is 51/49 on my calculations, actually not as good as i thought =\ Those are numbers for a 9 sub right?

Corners are all sharp and have a point front and back. Hoping for a 10 sub here, but most likely 9.5

Top, Left, Right edges are all chip free and smooth front and back. Bottom front has some minor chipping, expecting a simple 9.5 here

I can only commit money to grade 9 autod PC Cards with FCB. I might as well put this in the sub and hope for a 9.5 and take 1 of my 6 solid shots at Pristine 10 Base autos out?

20130816_144504_zpsf7e82f5f.jpg

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Hey guys, if you could please keep my Uncle David in your prayers! Just talked to my Mom and he is not expected to make it through the night. I am wrapping things up at home so I can go down and be with my Dad at the hospital. My oldest uncle and he is only in his late 60s.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
[MENTION=2166]darrend505[/MENTION] Sorry to hear about your family's situation. Thoughts and prayers go out.

[MENTION=10421]PoseyBuster[/MENTION] My rule of thumb for grading submissions (and I've only submitted 5 or 6 cards so take it or leave it) is that if there are any issues that are visible to the naked eye then the card isn't worth submitting if you're looking for a BGS 9.5. You mentioned surface scratches and edge chipping. Either one of those is bad enough but put them together and you might not even get a 9.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Evening Gents! Just got home from the long golf tournament today. I did the improbable...and hit my very first hole in one! It was a 147 yard par 3 :) Not only that, but it was a prize hole as well. I won myself a brand new set of Callaway irons, woods and bag. I filled out a ton of paperwork to get things going as it sounds like it will take a month or so for the insurance and other legal work gets sent off and the clubs sent to me. The club house gave me the flag from the pin and the scorecard will be sent back home as they need it to verify with the other seven people that witnessed :D I'm still super pumped about it. No video during the shot, but we took video driving from the tee box all the way to the hole to show it made it. Overall our team finished third at -9, which was the best time I have ever had on a golf course.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Good Evening Gents! Just got home from the long golf tournament today. I did the improbable...and hit my very first hole in one! It was a 147 yard par 3 :) Not only that, but it was a prize hole as well. I won myself a brand new set of Callaway irons, woods and bag. I filled out a ton of paperwork to get things going as it sounds like it will take a month or so for the insurance and other legal work gets sent off and the clubs sent to me. The club house gave me the flag from the pin and the scorecard will be sent back home as they need it to verify with the other seven people that witnessed :D I'm still super pumped about it. No video during the shot, but we took video driving from the tee box all the way to the hole to show it made it. Overall our team finished third at -9, which was the best time I have ever had on a golf course.

Huzzah!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

Congrats Alex!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN

Congrats and buy a lottery ticket !!!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Darren
Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.

Alex
The price of the Zunino card just double simce you'll have extra funds after you sell those clubs :p:D:p:D

Congrats on the one in a lifetime
Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online