Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Donruss Preferred Tin Boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I had planned to share these when the thread was new, but the scan got lost in never never land and finally just arrived in my email box this morning. These are the packs I have resisted opening for going on 17 years now from an era when I had numerous player collections to juggle. Wonder what goodies are hiding inside? I may never know.

I'm impressed you've had those all this time and never ripped.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Out of site, out of mind helps a lot. That is why I put them right back into a box and buried it!

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I have both the regular and gold tins and boxes for Bonds. Took me a while to track down the gold box. Thankfully he doesn't have any for 1998.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'd pay $20 for an empty Large Blue Tin Box of Belle... just shocked I haven't ever seen one. All 1,200 can't be in a landfill :(

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I'd pay $20 for an empty Large Blue Tin Box of Belle... just shocked I haven't ever seen one. All 1,200 can't be in a landfill :(

I've only seen the Andruw once and never seen a gold. I found mine by setting a search for 1997 donruss preferred box and looking at each tin as they came up for sale over the years.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
I'm sure I have a ton of these in some box somewhere. I also remember having a 24k Gold Darin Erstad Precious Metal from 1997 that someone offered obscene money for one time. I should have taken their offer.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm sure I have a ton of these in some box somewhere. I also remember having a 24k Gold Darin Erstad Precious Metal from 1997 that someone offered obscene money for one time. I should have taken their offer.
I think you should look around to see if you have a Belle Tin Box ;)

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Yeah. This is all I have for Ripken.
attachment.php

attachment.php

and I think I have a double wide w/ Ripken & A. Rod. All I have is already opened when I bought them..

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I have a few tins if anyone needs them. From 98 I have Piazza, Griffey, Ripken, Aroid, Thomas, and a silver Gwynn. 97 I have 2 Griffey, 3 Piazza, Arod, Thomas, and Ripken. They're all opened, in good shape, and free to they're player collectors. The silver Gwynn is #35 /999. I put it in a team bag when I opened it so it was in good shape for whoever ended up with it. Happy new year everyone!

I'd like to get a hold of those RIpkens if you still have them. Please let me know. Thanks...

Members online