Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zack Greinke Traded to Houston for Bukauskas/Martin/Rojas and Some BEER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Last second buzzer beater.

Greinke to HOU for J.B. Bukauskas/Seth Beer/Corbin Martin/Josh Rojas.

I'd call this a blockbuster, but Nosterbor might take exception. :mrgreen:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not a Vegas guy or a betting guy really but the odds for the Astros to reach the world series must have jumped dramatically

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm not a Vegas guy or a betting guy really but the odds for the Astros to reach the world series must have jumped dramatically

Had been favorite to win AL, odds just went down a bit. Now at +155. Or about 1.5-1. NYY second.

Odds to win WS went from about 6 or 7 to 1 to 3.5 to 4 to 1.

Dodgers still the favorite, but I'd take Houston myself...

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I struggle to keep up with Minor Leaguers, so the answer to this might be really obvious, but why did the Astros give up on Beer so quickly? Or was it just because Greinke is so good that Beer's value was simply lower?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I struggle to keep up with Minor Leaguers, so the answer to this might be really obvious, but why did the Astros give up on Beer so quickly? Or was it just because Greinke is so good that Beer's value was simply lower?

Blocked. Not good in the OF, only passable at 1B. At best a DH, as his value is entirely in the bat. Makes me wonder why he was dealt to an NL team.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Blocked. Not good in the OF, only passable at 1B. At best a DH, as his value is entirely in the bat. Makes me wonder why he was dealt to an NL team.

D-Backs have never been great at scouting prospects and those they do get right are generally traded away too early.

I'd say the Astros won this trade. They basically got a former Cy Young winner who's been an All-Star in 5 of the last 6 seasons for a few fringe top 100 guys (Beer may be the only semi-legit top 100 prospect). I'm not sure of the financial details of this trade...Greinke is obviously going to raise the payroll but you gotta expect that out of a potential HOF'er who's still playing good baseball.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!

Gotcha! So Alvarez blowing up and our OF pretty locked down, there was nowhere to put him anyways. Makes a lot of sense.

Members online