Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No mention of Upper Deck's new ePack program on here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
It's actually very brilliant. People are paying others to break cards for them, and then wait weeks delivery. Here, you can open online AND instantly have them in your COMC account available for sale or to grade.

Expect Topps and Panini to follow-suit, real soon.

Last edited:

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I think this is going to be far more successful than most realize. I would only argue that they need to bring the price down before they see real success.

Topps could easily integrate this into their existing Bunt app.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
It's actually very brilliant. People are paying others to break cards for them, and then wait weeks delivery. Here, you can open online AND instantly have them in your COMC account available for sale or to grade.

Expect Topps and Panini to follow-suit, real soon.

Weeks?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
for fun i bought 4 packs. i have no clue who any of these guys are as i dont follow hockey. i know dont ask me why i purchased then....

So after checking ebay i think i did pretty well, i never thought these base cards would be so expensive

UD.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
bought a few more packs and got an auto of torey krug?

lol, guess theyre front loading this stuff to get people to buy.

getting the cards shipped to me to see if theyre grade worthy.

WillBBC

Feb 22, 2012
Doesn't get much better than McDavid and Eichel. That's a huge haul.

Upper Deck base hockey reminds me of Topps Heritage. The SPs bring big bucks, especially the rookies.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
McDavid and Eichel were two top draft picks last year, with the McDavid Young Guns probably being the most sought after card in the set. Nice pulls!

I've just been opening the daily free packs and so far have gotten a bunch of commons. Can't see spending $3.99 for a pack of three cards!

Has anyone transferred cards to their COMC account? I assume there's no 25-cents per card processing fee? That makes it a great set-up. I think the only thing that's missing is the ability to trade with others, the way their Tim Horton's digital card program in the fall was set up.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I bought a box last week and hit this:

CZ69y8iUsAExNy9.jpg

Had it shipped to me from COMC and got it in four days.

I bought 5 more packs today and hit this:

CaOUzAJUYAAWh5D.jpg

I got that shipped to me too.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Love the concept and would be on board if Topps decides to do baseball.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
awesome!!! that auto is big money i assume?

bought a box since i hit 2 $100 cards. and hit another eichel and mcdavid young guns. lol

I bought a box last week and hit this:

CZ69y8iUsAExNy9.jpg

Had it shipped to me from COMC and got it in four days.

I bought 5 more packs today and hit this:

CaOUzAJUYAAWh5D.jpg

I got that shipped to me too.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
What stops UD from making sure big buyers aren't hitting bad boxes? Can they make sure big cards are hit early to spur interest?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
What stops UD from making sure big buyers aren't hitting bad boxes? Can they make sure big cards are hit early to spur interest?

Anything is possible. It's the same faith you put in any manufacturer not front-loading or cherry-picking product to go to specific buyers.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
So basically it's an entire product of redemption cards. I am sure nothing can go wrong with this.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
So basically it's an entire product of redemption cards. I am sure nothing can go wrong with this.

You are exactly right.

Except that all of the cards have been produced and are sitting in COMCs warehouse waiting for people to choose to fulfill their orders.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
In a few days, this will allow trading. So anyone want to trade base cards to work toward 10 of something?

I'll definitely be trying out their trading platform. I've only been opening the daily free pack for the past month or so, but I have base dupes to trade.

This should be pretty interesting. To me the trading aspect makes the e-pack program similiar to the Topps apps like Bunt, only one step better.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Members online

Latest posts