Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============= The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Watching the Grinch cartoon for about the 12th time in 3 days. My son loves this "toon"

He wants "Roast Beast"

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
ARBY's comes to mind.....;)
The animated Grinch is Boris Karloff at his vocal finest.

This along with Burl Ives are the ones I am glad that I have for him. Also the Fred Astaire Santa and Jimmy Durante Frosty "toons"

Last edited:

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Had a late lunch of Jimmy John's then the Mrs made homemade fried chicken for dinner...I feel more full than I did on Thanksgiving...Threw a random bid out on a box of Draft. Not expecting to win it, but if I do, I'll be pretty happy. lol.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, question for you gents who do regular grading submissions- How do you tell if a card is worth sending in? I'm talking about new cards, not vintage or anything like that. Maybe it's just me, but I can't really tell the difference between most cards unless there is an obvious flaw like soft corners, horribly OC, chipped, etc. But the surface stuff and whatnot, I just don't get.

EDIT- Thanks Dan. I've had an itch to bust a box but need to find something cheap. Wal-Mart has a box of 07 Artifacts for $60 but I'm afraid of expired redemptions and people messing with boxes there.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Okay, question for you gents who do regular grading submissions- How do you tell if a card is worth sending in? I'm talking about new cards, not vintage or anything like that. Maybe it's just me, but I can't really tell the difference between most cards unless there is an obvious flaw like soft corners, horribly OC, chipped, etc. But the surface stuff and whatnot, I just don't get.

EDIT- Thanks Dan. I've had an itch to bust a box but need to find something cheap. Wal-Mart has a box of 07 Artifacts for $60 but I'm afraid of expired redemptions and people messing with boxes there.

Post some good scans and we can provide thoughts.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Good evening all!

Paul -Awesome news about your uncle!:D

Barry - I just used white out on your name on my map.:D Thanks!
request has been relayed is all i can say . doubt i can get this till season but request sent . Found out Don Shula has a house nearby and a Dallas Cowboy hall of famer . Cowboy i know i will get for inlaw . Not pushing my luck .

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Evening Gents! Had some free time during work today and was able to post all the hits in the free USA break. If you had a spot and wondered what you got go check it out ;) Some of what was posted I think were off by one box as, for example, I had slot #69 but it was in the 7th box, not the 6th.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone have any cool NY Giants autos to trade for a George Clooney cut auto? I have two Clooney's and only need one!

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
request has been relayed is all i can say . doubt i can get this till season but request sent . Found out Don Shula has a house nearby and a Dallas Cowboy hall of famer . Cowboy i know i will get for inlaw . Not pushing my luck .

Just passing the request along is a great gesture. Thanks!!:D

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Scans will have to wait as I don't have a scanner. I'll get them scanned up Monday when I can use the scanners on campus. I just wasn't sure if there were any tricks to it.

Yes, look for minor edge chipping and surface scratches, a small loop magnifying lens helps a ton. Centering is a trained eye, after you see enough cards you can see OC at 55/45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts