Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 2: Vintage Group Wax Buy From BBC Exchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That link from CC is a complete set from ebay, not a wax box.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Fair enough... as I said, I just hit the first link to learn about the set and what hits there are, etc. I was shocked to see the price as low as it is, so you're probably right.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
That link is to a set, not a box. It is so pricey because a mint Jeter brings in a LOT of money. It is reallt the only hit in the product, but for $16.00 it is worth a shot to me.
I think I paid $225 for a box... About 10 years ago.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That link is to a set, not a box. It is so pricey because a mint Jeter brings in a LOT of money. It is reallt the only hit in the product, but for $16.00 it is worth a shot to me.
I think I paid $225 for a box... About 10 years ago.

Yea, it's def worth the shot...

I'm going to open the product from the first break tonight when I get home and then send you the packs I want this time... looking like I'll just be in for the '93 and '94 SP packs but it's not looking good that we fill those lol

If the mods would be OK with it, an idea would be to make a thread in the box break section and/or the baseball section titled "1993 SP Baseball Box Group Buy" and then "1994 SP Baseball Box Group Buy" and then inside each thread have a link to this thread? I feel like there HAS to be more interest in buying a pack or two in each of these boxes but I think a lot of people are passing up this thread when they see the name "Vintage" Group buy... 1993 and 1994 are 20 years ago but you usually aren't thinking vintage when thinking of pulling a Jeter or ARod RC.

I'm just trying to help push demand and people filling each of these products :)

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
1981 topps cello (2)
1983 donruss (4)
1984 donruss (2)
1984 topps (2)
1985 donruss (5)

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
List updated with orders. [MENTION=8797]RedSoxSoul[/MENTION] - Thom, I believe I have your correct order reflected.

Definitely need more peeps! If you are thinking about it, just do it! As you can see from the breaks so far, BBCE wax is 100% trustworthy - all the major rookies are being hit from our busts (in multiples in several cases).

Thanks! Bill

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Since the heritage hobby isn't looking good, can you replace that request with one pack of the 93 SP?

That will put me at one 93SP and one legendary cuts.

Thanks.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is what I'm going to go with this round... Man I want those SPs to fill but if not my order will be like $20 lol

(2) 1983 Donruss Box - $1.88/pack

(2) 1985 Topps Rack Pack - $6.00/pack

(2) 1989 Upper Deck Lo Box #2 - $2.25/pack

(2) 1993 SP - $16.88/pack

(2) 1994 SP - $9.84/pack

TOTAL = $73.70 + $11.50 = $85.20

Last edited:

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Give me 8 packs in 1989 Upper Deck box #2, 2 packs of 2001 Leaf Limited, and add 3 1987 Fleer Rack packs.

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
List updated. We still need more people! :)

I am starting to think about shuffling some stuff around that doesn't look like it will fill. Any thoughts?

1984 Donruss, 1984 Topps Cello and 1982 Donruss are not looking too good. Would love to fill the '85 Rack Box.

Also, I have some quantity #s from BBCE, so there are some products we can get more of if you guys want to fill another of something that is already sold out. Also, if you want your own box of something on here, just let me know. The only products that we are grabbing the last box on are 2001 SP Legendary Cuts and the 2001 Topps Heritage Blaster.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
List updated. We still need more people! :)

I am starting to think about shuffling some stuff around that doesn't look like it will fill. Any thoughts?

1984 Donruss, 1984 Topps Cello and 1982 Donruss are not looking too good. Would love to fill the '85 Rack Box.

Also, I have some quantity #s from BBCE, so there are some products we can get more of if you guys want to fill another of something that is already sold out. Also, if you want your own box of something on here, just let me know. The only products that we are grabbing the last box on are 2001 SP Legendary Cuts and the 2001 Topps Heritage Blaster.

I don't know how the mod's would feel about it, but did you see my post about making a separate simple thread titled "1993 SP Baseball Box Group Buy (Jeter RC!)" and "1994 SP Baseball Group Buy (A.Rod RC!)" and then in each just have a link to this thread? I'm just totally shocked we can't get people to want to buy a pack or two of these for the price... just think we're missing people simply clicking on the thread... honestly, I only did out of boredom when you did the first go around or I would of missed these completely!~ Sh!t, I missed that a second one was even started lol!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Ask Adam for his thoughts and if ok, feel free to post it, Mac!

I posted it... I thought you already got it approved... if they don't like it they can just delete it... it's to help draw attention to this thread, which I think is positive for FCB... this helps bring members together on group buys, breaks and sharing in what they pull, etc.

I feel like people pass-up the thread if they don't collect "vintage", which I would place both 1993 and 1994 SP not in that defined group... just my opinion.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Sadly, the 2001 Heritage Blaster was sold yesterday. All other items are on hold for us. Let me know where you would like those spots to go, if anywhere.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
[MENTION=5245]trauty[/MENTION] – Andy, I just found out that the 84 Topps Cello box and 2001 Heritage Blaster are not in stock. Will need to move your packs from these products (2 Cellos 4 Heritage) to something else or just cancel them. Please let me know what you’d like to do with them.

[MENTION=1743]wolfmanalfredo[/MENTION] – need to move your 2 1984 Topps Cellos to something else or cancel them for same reason as above. LMK what you’d like to do with them.

[MENTION=5416]D-Lite[/MENTION]: Dean, ditto above for your 2 packs of 2001 Heritage from the blaster box.

We can try to fill the Heritage Hobby Box, but that has a long way to go!

Members online