Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread =============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
So regarding the Chan Ho plate - odds were 1:537 packs of getting a 1998 Gallery Plate. But each player had 8 plates since they issued plates for both card fronts AND backs. Art did well to get a front, which would be 1: 1074 packs. It was a case hit!

There was only 1 listed and completed 1998 Gallery plate sale in the last 3 months on eBay. These really are rare plates - the first year of plates in Topps Gallery and only the 2nd year of any issued plates (Pinnacle did it first in 1997).

I really don't know what the Park would go for on eBay, but I'd start it at $200 with BO and absolutely open it up to international bidders, especially Taiwan and Japan.

I have one 1998 Gallery plate in my Grace collection, and it's an ugly back plate. Back in the day, I paid $100 for it (these were huge hits in the late 1990's).

98TGYELLOWBACK.jpg

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
So regarding the Chan Ho plate - odds were 1:537 packs of getting a 1998 Gallery Plate. But each player had 8 plates since they issued plates for both card fronts AND backs. Art did well to get a front, which would be 1: 1074 packs. It was a case hit!

There was only 1 listed and completed 1998 Gallery plate sale in the last 3 months on eBay. These really are rare plates - the first year of plates in Topps Gallery and only the 2nd year of any issued plates (Pinnacle did it first in 1997).

I really don't know what the Park would go for on eBay, but I'd start it at $200 with BO and absolutely open it up to international bidders, especially Taiwan and Japan.

I have one 1998 Gallery plate in my Grace collection, and it's an ugly back plate. Back in the day, I paid $100 for it (these were huge hits in the late 1990's).

98TGYELLOWBACK.jpg

I was thinking more like $299 or BO. :) Those guys that collect him have some deep pockets. :)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
It was a fun break, Brad. Thanks for hosting it.

Not a problem - I enjoyed doing it. I'll keep my eyes out for good deals on 2001-2005 D/L/P boxes or other good value buys. I thought the buy-ins on this were very fair. Anyone who was in on the break can attest to the stacks of base cards too! I'd love to join in on MT breaks run by others too (non-prospect products).

Ok - so anyone who watched it, critique my performance. You can be brutal, it's okay. Where my PC was, I found it hard to get enough of me in the frame - I couldn't get the top of the desk and my head in the shot, and it was hard to open the packs where you could see me open them, I was constantly having to raise them up. Don't want anyone thinking I was keeping good cards for myself! And hard for me to do a break without the boys wandering in - the PC desk is in the toy room. They were curious to see what was going on and how the webcam worked. Actually, it was pretty fun having them take part - I like getting them involved in my hobby. And Cooper picked the pack with the plate!

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Are you thinking about Nomo? I didn't think Park got that much attention. But I could definitely seeing a Japanese card dealer buying it.

Well, Park isn't collected like Nomo, but I still think he has a pretty good following. It won't hurt to test the waters for a bit. I already have it set to go on my Turbolister, and just need a good pic or 2 to get it started. :)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Hey guys, I know this probably isn't the place, but I just thought some of you wouldn't mind listening to a band from South Dakota. I've been listening to them for a few years now, even saw them in concert 4 years ago or so. I actually know one of the members of the band since he is from Pierre, my former hometown. I know there's a good chance many of you might not like them but its worth a shot to get them a little more exposure!

Avian Sunrise - "Bravery" Official Music Video - YouTube

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm almost halfway to Billings from Gillette, WY and I'm pulled over at a rest area to check eBay...uhhh....I mean to let the windshield wipers melt off the snow and ice that's accumulated on them. Weatherman is calling for another 15 inches over the next few days. It's been crazy down here.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Hey guys, I know this probably isn't the place, but I just thought some of you wouldn't mind listening to a band from South Dakota. I've been listening to them for a few years now, even saw them in concert 4 years ago or so. I actually know one of the members of the band since he is from Pierre, my former hometown. I know there's a good chance many of you might not like them but its worth a shot to get them a little more exposure!

Not bad. Music is fine. Chicks with sticks are cool. Lead singer's voice is too high for my tastes.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Harmon Killebrew defeats Mickey Mantle in HR Derby by a score of 9-8

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts