Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-Go Blue- The Official Dodgers Thread(All things Dodgers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Make sure to listen to the Dodger Radio Network (FOX 570 in Los Angeles and other stations on the network).

It's been announced that Vin Scully will call the first three and final three innings of each Dodgers postseason game on the Dodger Radio Network. You certainly won't be hearing that on ESPN Radio, who has the national rights to the games.

The release didn't mention it specifically, but it looks like Vin will be traveling on the road since the release said Vin would be working "every' Dodger postseason game. Normally, he'd skip the trip to Atlanta because it's east of the Rockies.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Kemp's out for good now, Crawford, Ethier, and Ramirez are all hobbled. Puig has been limping around with hip and foot problems. Punto and Hairston Jr are also day to day. Hopefully they can cobble together a decent outfield to support the pitching. Should be an interesting series. Go Blue!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
1377145_167143893479370_1207038247_n.jpg

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Solid all around game for the Blue Crew. Tough draw for any team to have to face Kershaw and possibly Greinke twice in a five game series. Puig seemed surprised when he saw that the runner had not returned to first base. Bad throw but close enough to make the play. His later at bats showed his over aggression. Poor pitch selection, he looked mentally overmatched. Still a good night for him. Two for four, hit by pitch, outfield assist, advanced for 1st to third on a single and then scored.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
was mattingly doing coke lines in the 9th inning? I don't get when Ethier is a pinch-hitter only and Dee Gordon was put on the roster for pinch-running, that you waste Gordon as a PR with ethier at the plate. If ethier gets on base (which he did) then bring in Gordon. Odd managing to waste 2 pinch-hitters, especially if you would have had 1st and 2nd, one out and crawford up and if the Dodgers could have pushed across the game-tying run, you'd have more players available on the bench for the extra innings.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
can't believe we are wasting Kershaw on Game 4. I'd like Nolasco to try to hold his own in game 4 and if we needed a game 5, Kershaw could be tough on the road in Atlanta to give us a good chance to win the final game. Ideally, we'd win game 4 at Dodger Stadium and Kershaw would give us a good chance to go up 1-0 after NLCS Game 1.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
can't believe we are wasting Kershaw on Game 4. I'd like Nolasco to try to hold his own in game 4 and if we needed a game 5, Kershaw could be tough on the road in Atlanta to give us a good chance to win the final game. Ideally, we'd win game 4 at Dodger Stadium and Kershaw would give us a good chance to go up 1-0 after NLCS Game 1.

With Greinke as your number two going with Kershaw now means whatever happens now they have an ace for game 5. You gotta win this series first and if they wrap it up tonight Greinke is worthy of starting game 1.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
With Greinke as your number two going with Kershaw now means whatever happens now they have an ace for game 5. You gotta win this series first and if they wrap it up tonight Greinke is worthy of starting game 1.

Greinke ain't no Kershaw, Senator! ;)

maybe kershaw not wasted - could return on one day shorter rest again if they want him on the mound and he's not too pooped to start NLCS Game 1 vs Cards.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Boy what a game tonight! Carl Crawford on fire in the playoffs with a big HR last night and 2! solo HRs tonight. A good enough outing from Kershaw pitching on short rest for the first time ever apparently. Only a couple of really bad defensive plays from Gonzalez kept the Braves in the game. Then predictably once you take out Kershaw the pens lets in a run to give the Braves the lead.

But holy hell for Uribe to get the big big hit to put the Dodgers ahead I am still reeling from that. Talk about a redemption year. After two terrible terrible years from Uribe making that 3 year deal look like absolute garbage he comes back this year and plays spectacular defense and gets big hit after big hit with none bigger than tonights.

I watched the bottom 8th 3 or 4 times tonight and then watched and rewatched Kenley sit 'em down in the 9th.

Who you guys want in the NLCS? I want the Pirates because they're my 3rd team to root for after Dodgers and A's and also we get home field if it's the Bucs.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
want the cards in the NLCS so the Dodgers can get revenge for the 1985 NLCS and I want Oakland/Dodgers in the World Series because it'd be awesome to have a rematch of that great 1988 WS on its' 25th anniversary and in this same 2013 season as Josh Suchon released his book about the 1988 Dodgers WS title team.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
forgot to mention neat things about the celebration - glad they did it at Dodger Stadium so they are celebrating on-field to the song I LOVE LA. Also, cool how Puig damaged TBS' roving field camera with a gatorade bath during Sager's interview with Uribe!

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
want the cards in the NLCS so the Dodgers can get revenge for the 1985 NLCS and I want Oakland/Dodgers in the World Series because it'd be awesome to have a rematch of that great 1988 WS on its' 25th anniversary and in this same 2013 season as Josh Suchon released his book about the 1988 Dodgers WS title team.

My good buddy at work is an A's fan. We have a tattoo bet if it ends up Oakland/Dodgers (other teams logo). I am rooting for Pittsburgh only because it is close enough for me to drive down for a game. I will have to google this book... good??

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
well, it's over but I must say it's been a better season that I thought. Considering where the Dodgers were pre-Puig and to end up having St. Louis the only better team in the N.L. than the Dodgers, the Dodgers have had a great season despite tonight's ugly ending and failing to make it to the World Series.

Here's hoping Hanley is healthier next season as you can only imagine what the Dodgers might be like if HanRam was 100% all season!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
So much for America's team right????!

I love Mattingly, but that was a stupid quote.

I don't blame the Dodgers, but I was sooooooo sick of hearing all the national media play up how great they were and how fantastic it would be for them to be in the World Series.

Keep counting St. Louis out. It happens every year. And it's ridiculous. The cardinals are the BEST National league team historically. Yet they get no respect from anyone nationally. Coast bias. Screw that. When's the last time the Dodgers won the World Series, or pennant?

This is St. Louis' 4th World Series appearance in the last decade. Yet still no respect.

Members online