Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Finally, the last of the 26 card 1998 Mystery Finest run for McGwire - refractor error (no R) of McGwire/Griffey. Every Series 1 had an error for each the base and refractor cards - base with no refraction that had an R and refractor with no R. This one evaded me for years...

f-6250.jpg
b-6250.jpg

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Nice set! That’s a tough one to get especially with variations. Now you need to 1997 Bowman’s Best mirror image/ inverted along with the no refractor designations lol.

Wait I read that wrong. McGwire has 26 total cards in that set? Base, Ref, errors?

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I think I've got all the '97. I'll have to check my notes and site.

I miscounted - only 24 for McGwire
w/Thomas
w/Thomas error
w/Thomas ref
w/Thomas ref error
w/Griffey
w/Griffey error
w/Griffey ref
w/Griffey ref error
w/Piazza
w/Piazza error
w/Piazza ref
w/Piazza ref error
double McGwire
double McGwire error
double McGwire ref
double McGwire ref error
w/Bagwell
w/Bagwell ref
w/Vaugn
w/Vaugn ref
w/Thome
w/Thome ref
w/Bagwell jumbo
w/Bagwell jumbo ref

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Auctions totally stress me out, but sometimes I really like them. I missed a copy of this card recently, put it on my watch list to make sure I didn’t have it and it was sold. Soon thereafter this one popped up on auction and I won it for under $20 dlvd.
IMG_6695.JPG

Also snagged this one, one of 100 but took a while to pick it up.
IMG_6696.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Dec 4, 2008
Auctions totally stress me out, but sometimes I really like them. I missed a copy of this card recently, put it on my watch list to make sure I didn’t have it and it was sold. Soon thereafter this one popped up on auction and I won it for under $20 dlvd.

Glad it went to you! Spazzed out and forgot to bid. After selling the single from my partial set I had a hole to fill. That one went super cheap!

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015

Glad it went to you! Spazzed out and forgot to bid. After selling the single from my partial set I had a hole to fill. That one went super cheap!

Thanks! I couldn’t believe it. It was listed as Prized Collectors so I’m not sure if that had anything to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Hey guys busted some 90s wax for nostalgia sake ('96 Ultra & '99 Topps)... one thing that bummed me out...cards stuck together bad in both products. Are there any other 90s products that are known for sticking so I can stay away next time I bust??? Any info would be great!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Hey guys busted some 90s wax for nostalgia sake ('96 Ultra & '99 Topps)... one thing that bummed me out...cards stuck together bad in both products. Are there any other 90s products that are known for sticking so I can stay away next time I bust??? Any info would be great!

I opened several Jumbo boxes of 1993 Leaf recently and they were stuck together quite badly.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio

Early Stadium Club for me (93/94), as well as Select (95-97).

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country

if it's been stored in a hot or humid climate or in stacks that have a little weight on them , you can almost expect it for ANY early to mid 90's cards that had uv coatings of any kind.....some i personally had lots of issues with were 92-97 ultra....93-97 stadium club...93 and 94 upper deck , and 94 collectors choice and score.....

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
How about 1996 Select Certified...anyone know if they have sticking issues? I'm guessing they don't since they were made with a removable protective film.

jhkunc

Oct 27, 2012
How about 1996 Select Certified...anyone know if they have sticking issues? I'm guessing they don't since they were made with a removable protective film.

Seriously, if anyone pulls the Chan Ho Mirror Blue, please let me know. I’ve been looking for that since ‘96. I have 2x Mirror Reds & 2x Mirror Golds, but no blue to finish that rainbow.

Also, any other rare or low numbered Parks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
It's both, really. Greenwell has a following and the Red Sox Platinums/Premiers seem to be some of the hardest to get. Just ask the Canseco fans. I think I sold my 1991 Score Promo Greenwell for $200.

Damn I just sold a 95 Score Gold Rush Greenwell cheap privately buy it was pretty beat up

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa