Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo appears to show Jose Altuve wearing buzzer under uniform

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
So do I try to sell my 2017 ASG baseball signed by Altuve now? I'm really torn on this one.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
How does that look like a buzzer? People are just grabbing at straws to make up headline news.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
That is very bad for these so called great players were doing this. I am shocked that Altuve would do this, how ever not so shocked about Bergman. I never did like him always thought is was an arrogant *********. I cant wait for the season to start and they have play in Yankee stadium. Earplugs will not help. I wonder if they play the Dodgers in inter league play. That will be fun and much watch TV.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
LOL Jomboy has already had to retract that story. Everyone needs to just calm down.

That said, if anyone wants to sell me an autographed Jose Altuve WS jersey at a nice discount, I'm in the market.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Not sure how that could be at all incriminating, that could be anything. I'm still stunned people care this much, this stuff happens all the time, everyone's team is doing this or something similar. Banned for life!? I've heard from multiple people on boards and in the media, I'm not sure I've heard a more ridiculous statement in my life.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
PCfxO7N.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
One small bump in fabric in a photo taken in mid-stride is evidence of a buzzer? What does this "buzzer" look like? There's significantly suspect stuff about Altuve's behavior, but that's not it.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'm very concerned about Altuve. Remember when he hit the homer off of Chapman to send the Stros to the World Series? As Altuve is rounding third, he tells his teammates to not rip his shirt off. Think about this for a second. You just hit one of the biggest homeruns of your life, and you're worried about teammates ripping your shirt off? When asked by Ken Rosenthal, Altuve claimed that the last time his teammates ripped his Jersey off, he got in trouble with his wife. Come on...give me a break with that noise. Do you think his wife would care THAT much?

Given the lastest smog surrounding the Astros and their cheating ways, would it be that farfetched to assert players could've been cheating on their own accords? Of course nothing is going to happen to them if deemed to be true because of Manfred promising immunity. Let's just say all of these accusations against Altuve and Bregman are true. How is this fair to the pitchers? As far as I'm concerned, this kind of cheating is worse than PED use. At least with PED's, multiple guys have taken them and sucked. Even if you're the worst MLB player, knowing what is coming is a HUGE advantage.

I sure hope MLB goes after any player that participated in these covert scandals. Only then will this nonsense stop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
This is so silly. If he was wearing a buzzer, why would it be under his shirt and not in his shoe? I'm just waiting for the conspiracy that aliens helped the Astros win.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
This is so silly. If he was wearing a buzzer, why would it be under his shirt and not in his shoe? I'm just waiting for the conspiracy that aliens helped the Astros win.

" aliens helped the Astros win. "

Holy crap! I wonder what system they are from? This should seriously be looked into. Maybe they also helped Trump win the election. WOW what a change of events! But it all makes sense.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest

In his shoe...one of the most uncomfortable spots to put something like this. Players lace up their cleats tightly; not to mention that if it were to shift while he's running, it could either break or hurt his foot.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I imagine that if a year ago, someone had shown up stating that the Astros were stealing signs through the use of cameras, monitors and trash cans, that would have also been mocked as absurd, would have made no sense and perhaps been compared to an alien conspiracy theory.

The fact is they cheated, they got caught cheating and they even admitted they cheated. That they only cheated in one way, but would not have cheated in another way makes no sense.

I have no idea if Altuve and Bregman wore buzzers under their uniforms, but it’s unfortunate that they acted in a manner to cause anyone to question their integrity in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Jul 22, 2016
That article is still talking about the Beltran niece which has already been debunked. But anyhow this should be the norm for the start of this MLB season. With social media **** spreads like wildfire whether true or false. People don’t remember the corrections news stories make but the original story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts