Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Awesome Dawson"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
So....while on my trip to Toronto with Upper Deck for the Fall Expo, I was pleasantly surprised to see HOFer Andre Dawson standing in front of me watching me work. After a little discussion, he came back over to let me know that he was all in on me doing a piece for him. Below are a couple of pics - the first pic was taken by UD when he first approached my table, and the second is the completed piece of Mr. Dawson that was shipped to him yesterday.

image_zps4994f1e3.jpg

image_zps70d872df.jpg

Tim

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Awesome! Is that made out of Dawson cards?

Thanks! Not a single Dawson was used on this one. I tinkered with the idea, but I decided to stay true to what I have always done by not cutting HOF cards unless it is requested (Like the Joe Torre).

Tim

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Tim shared this piece and his story in the Andre Dawson thread a couple days ago, simply amazing. Amazing to get to meet The Hawk like that and such an amazing piece of art made for him. Congrats again, I absolutely love it.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Thank you all!

I do. This piece is 22"x 28". Thanks!

Tim

I am thinking about a Lou Gehrig piece for my son. Do you work from an existing image or images that you combine? Are you flexible on the sizes? What would I need to provide to you?

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
This is such a great story. I've been a huge fan of your work for years. You just keep getting better and better.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This is such a great story.

I know! It's making me have an urge (and this coming from someone who isn't artistic) that instead of bonfiring my unwanted junk wax era cards, maybe seeing if I can slice and dice them into some piece of "art". Obviously will come no where near the awesomeness of Tim's art!

Members online

Latest posts