Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Redemption replacement closed for 1 month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Didn't see this posted yet.

A 100 million dollar annually company can't hire a customer service team? Seriously what is wrong with topps these days?

null-5.png

@SportsCardNews: Confirmed on phone w/ Topps. No replacement redemptions will be processed for at least a month due to staffing need. Ht @npncards [MENTION=8641]vslcards[/MENTION]

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
This is rather pathetic from a company as large as Topps. The last big redemption I pulled was promptly traded. Should I pull another it will be traded or sold.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
An entire staff getting removed? Maybe the old one had some security/theft issues...

I know UD cleaned house a while ago and has reportedly improved.

That said, I trade/sell most redemptions I get...

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Only a matter of time until our calls to customer service are handled in India.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
This isn't unheard of. Panini did the same thing not to long ago. There was a three month stretch where you couldn't get in touch with the redemption department. If it results in revamping the department then it is a good thing.

I'm hofmichael and I approve this message.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Is it weird that the main thing about that notification that bothers me is that they spelled "deeply" wrong?

That being said, I requested three redemption replacements last week. Oh well.

vslcards

Dec 1, 2012
Macomb Michigan
I'm glad this thread was started! I was the one that originally posted that picture on Twitter. I still have yet to get a reply from the Topps Twitter guy... I have now sent him 4 DM's and nothing. It is a joke!!

vslcards

Dec 1, 2012
Macomb Michigan
how can they say beckett value? those cards made for replacement only are not in beckett are they?

Not that I know of. Then again I have seen dome short print ones on Ebay however when they sent me mine it wasn't numbered at all. And it was replacing a Gold Parallel to 10...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
A 100 million dollar annually company can't hire a customer service team? Seriously what is wrong with topps these days?

Topps paid too much to MLB to get an exclusive license, the private owners want as much income stream as possible from the company so Topps probably only hires minimum wage newbie workers who can't build any seniority to get pay raises over time.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I'm 3 weeks into a Topps redemption card wait and, after reading this nonsense, am expecting to wait the full 16 weeks mentioned on the back of the redemption card. It sure would be nice to receive my baseball card redemption before the World Series is over.:rolleyes:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm 3 weeks into a Topps redemption card wait and, after reading this nonsense, am expecting to wait the full 16 weeks mentioned on the back of the redemption card. It sure would be nice to receive my baseball card redemption before the World Series is over.:rolleyes:

Good luck. I'm waiting for a Mays 2012 Topps Tier One Reprint Auto for about a year. They've done signings with Mays subsequently but for some reason can't seem to produce that card. Hopefully yours is much quicker.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO

I'm waiting on nine redemptions one from mid 2011 and another that the player has had live autographs in newer products.

Members online

Latest posts