Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
My guess is that you are not seeing the outside of the bat (the painted part) on the cards. The majority of the bat is under the paint (obviously) which is the "traditional shade" that you are talking about. When they cut up bats for cards, most of the time they are cutting pieces from under the paint.

num1jrfan

May 19, 2013
he Mostly used black bats. but in the cards its the middle of the bat which is a typical wood color. you can find bat barrle cards of him which are black and some are signed. but for a short time he used a white with black handle meriuchi or how ever you spell it bat. and some pink ones for mothers day but those are hard to find and ussually stay whole

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I just got these back today.. :cool:

mantle-jr-auto.jpg

mantle-jr-dual-auto.jpg

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
^^^ Nice Pinbreaker Congrats on the AUTHEN and high auto grade!!

What are these and how come in all my years of collecting (almost 20) I've NEVER seen one before?! Does anyone have one for sale/trade?
It's honestly one of the nicest ball/jersey cards I've ever seen, and has the Blue Jersey not white pants as most did from early Jersey cards.

ogYWTyz.jpg

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1395438433.986166.jpg

Anyone else eyeing this one??? Wanna know how high I might need to bid lol. I know the exact spot where this pic was taken.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
I am watching it just to see but the sticker is a horrible thing to look at. Good luck

Agreed IMO very ugly card the thing that gets me it's his high school uniform. Moeller holds a strong place in my heart. Really where I started collecting at. And he has a metal bat in his hand which I think is cool. And one last thing I'm trying to put a auto collection together for every team he played for. Thanks for the luck I think I'll need it lol

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
These are from a month plus of deals my buddy Tom has been holding for me. Got all these in one package today besides the Legacy. Only need the 99 row 3 Legacy if anybody has one for sale!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
You bought the card for $6k, which is less than I would've paid, after you shilled up my bid...so in the end you did not honor your bid of $9300 because you were never going to pay that.

His max was cancelled out due to another bidder winning then backing out, (sounds fishy to me) I'd go back to my original high bid to begin with too.
I've had this happen on a much smaller scale. Was high bidder on something at $80 with 10 seconds left price jumped to almost double then miraculously the high bidder backed out an hour or so later so I got the second chance offer at 150.. Told the guy it reeked of shill and if I was paying anything $80 was it or he could redo auction. Got it for $80. Sounds like what's going on here.

Members online