Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are the Wyatt Family heels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Think about it.

My answer: no and they never have been

They aren't antiheroes or tweeners either.

The Wyatts are faces and The Authority John Cena are the true heels in the storylines the Wyatts have been in.

Kayfabe wise, from their start, when they picked on Bryan, they immediately said they are anti-authority and want to prove to Bryan that he can't succeed in The Authority's world without help. Bray's methods of connecting with Bryan were of tough love, not hate.

Bray gave Bryan every chance in the world to beat him. Hell, he even closed his eyes and told DB to finish him. But Bryan didn't do it. He was the too stubborn underdog who had to get his victory the right way. But, that's exactly what Bray was trying to show Bryan; that the top dogs, The Authority and Randy Orton, they don't play fair and do things the right way. so

Bray wanted Bryan to join them so he would have a legit chance to defeat Authority and become champion.

Bryan did join them for one week before the angle was rewritten.

Now, with Cena, the Wyatts are tired of his same old Super Cena overcoming-the-odds XXXX.

Bray wants to show the fans that Cena is exactly what's wrong with WWE; he's fake. Cena always praises young guys but is only looking out for himself and will screw over anyone, even his friends, to remain number one. Cena is lying to the fans. That's what Bray wants people to understand.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You've put way too much time and thought into it. The WWE isn't that deep. They're heels and always have been and will continue to be in the WWE's eyes.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
You've put way too much time and thought into it. The WWE isn't that deep. They're heels and always have been and will continue to be in the WWE's eyes.

Heels aren't supposed to get cheered more than faces.

The Wyatts are more over than almost everybody, including Cena

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They're not supposed to be cheered no, but in the WWE's eyes they're still heels. The WWE can't control what the fans do. They can only try. It's the same reason The Shield ended up face. They were starting to get a huge following even though the WWE considered them heels.

I'm not talking about our own personal points of view. Do I personally think they're heels? Not really. They're way too over with the fans to be true heels. Does the WWE creative team/Vince McMahon/Triple H think they're heels? Yes.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Heels aren't supposed to get cheered more than faces.

The Wyatts are more over than almost everybody, including Cena

And the problem with this logic is fans booing/cheering isn't really the only measure of what disposition a wrestler is. Cena is more booed than he is cheered. He's still a face in the WWE's eyes. Brock Lesnar gets pretty big cheers in a lot of places. He's still a heel. The Wyatt's get cheers, still heels. Sheamus gets booed and is still a face. The WWE sometimes reacts to how the fans are treating wrestlers and switches them to a face if they're being cheered constantly or switched to a heel if the fans lose interest and start booing them but it's not always the case.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I have to start by saying that I love the Wyatt Family angle. It's almost like Raven's flock in WCW. They are played up to be heels but they are so over. How are they not heelish with constant interference from the family. Heels get cheers too look at Cesaro.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I have to start by saying that I love the Wyatt Family angle. It's almost like Raven's flock in WCW. They are played up to be heels but they are so over. How are they not heelish with constant interference from the family. Heels get cheers too look at Cesaro.

Cesaro does absolutely nothing heelish though. Nothing. He didn't when he was with Zeb either.

Members online