Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Thankfully nobody that I know of collects Josh Johnson to the point where they've spent more money than they'd EVER wanna admit to ...

Could have been worse...
Dontrelle Willis

Just finishing at IHOP. Very delicious breakfast. Heading out to the greenhouse.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Could have been worse...
Dontrelle Willis

Just finishing at IHOP. Very delicious breakfast. Heading out to the greenhouse.

Well, with the amount of money that has been spent, I don't think it matters if it was Dontrelle or JJ, lol :( ...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I thought I would share this with you stud muffins. Yesterday there was 46 Veterans in attendance at the fox valley breakfast club.
945349_4826709712871_85977039_n.jpg

and in this picture the gentleman in the upper right of the photo in the gray coat and hat right by the window Warren "Red" Dickson is a WWII Vet 96 years young and soon to celebrate his 97th year of living. And I love the times I get to listen to him.
295350_4826710792898_522614621_n.jpg

Last edited:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Shake every one of their hands for me, Rich. Also, when you're talking with Red, see if you can find out where he went in WWII.

I thought I would share this with you stud muffins. Yesterday there was 46 Veterans in attendance at the fox valley breakfast club.
945349_4826709712871_85977039_n.jpg

and in this picture the gentleman in the upper right of the photo in the gray coat and hat right by the window Warren "Red" Dickson is a WWII Vet 96 years young and soon to celebrate his 97th year of living. And I love the times I get to listen to him.
295350_4826710792898_522614621_n.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Dave I will when I see him in a few days. I know he was Navy though. And and to let you know he only shakes hands the old 70's style :lol:
Plus he is not the only one in the group in his 90's there are 5 total left now since one of them just passed last Friday. And he was a treat to listen to as well.
1313304869_1243cbbcb3.jpg

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
[MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5998]TwinsWin[/MENTION] - very, very nice collections!

Had no idea Rickey played for the Padres...ah, in 1996-97. I wasn't paying much attention to baseball at that time.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Almost The Last Of the Non NT Stuff that I have picked up.

Odd that they Pictured him in twins and Letter of Whitesox, either way im a fan of Thome and have a nice small collection of him so if I see something rare ill go after it.

A new Absolute card for the 6pc collection! Upgrade as I liked the Helmet piece on this .

Finally a Teddy air hole, I would like to get button hole some day.

And a card I have wanted for a while, I underestimated its value everytime it showed up. The Single pieces sell for cheap for some reason but the multi pieces cost a bit.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
GM everyone

I need to sort my Bowman today. hit a Meyer red refractor and a Kivlehan blue refractor auto, and a Gerrit Cole diecut /99.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Also if anyone has any leads, or knows where some mascot bobbleheads are I'd be interested in them.
Looking for a
Wally the green monster
Funbird
Stomper
Swinging Friar
Dinger
Billy The Marlin

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good afternoon! We had one burial this morning. The family wanted to watch the whole burial so it makes it a little tough having them standing around but it went smoothly. Another one this afternoon

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Morning gents & gals!

15 shy of 100... :eek:

[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION], did you see my post about your grandpas' pics? Or is that too personal to share with?

Frosty - most of my grandpa's photos are with my mom. I don't have anything handy - will have to look. He was field artilliary with the 5th Army, firing M101 Howitzer big guns (he was deaf in his left ear from the noise of firing it). He was involved in the very bloody battles of Monte Cassino, called the "hardest fought battle of WWII," where the Germans were holed up in an old abbey at the top of a hill, enjoying all firing advantages. By the time the four battles for it were over, the once beautiful abbey looked like this:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-2005-0004%2C_Italien%2C_Monte_Cassino.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning guys, Hope everyone has a good day!

Kevin- Awsome set, they look good together. Wow I just realized they are all numbered out of /10.

Alex64- Looks good man. Got tired of Photobucket?

They are either /10 or /25.. Seems like the exspensive players were to /10..

I am surprised I have almost finished it so quickly.. I have seen one of each on EBAY so far since NT hit..

I have been looking for 2 cards to fill out my 2004 Leather & Lumber Baseball Leather Auto's.. Ralph Kiner /5 and Luis Apracio /10.. So I tend to try for the hard sets.. ;)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
They are either /10 or /25.. Seems like the exspensive players were to /10..

I am surprised I have almost finished it so quickly.. I have seen one of each on EBAY so far since NT hit..

I have been looking for 2 cards to fill out my 2004 Leather & Lumber Baseball Leather Auto's.. Ralph Kiner /5 and Luis Apracio /10.. So I tend to try for the hard sets.. ;)

Wow on the Leather and Lumber, That's cool also. You have a link to that one. Also looks like the bench is gonna cost a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts