Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

############# MONDAY MORNING THREAD ####### UGH 9/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Mornin All!

Parts are moving at a faster than normal pace at FoMoCo, not sure why but makes for a faster morning. Another parts plant is ready to strike and we might be stock piling, not sure until after 9am.

My Reds beats the Cards last night, even though it doesnt mean anything, it still feels good to get a win over the Cardinals!

Have a great day!

Fordman

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Mornin All!

Parts are moving at a faster than normal pace at FoMoCo, not sure why but makes for a faster morning. Another parts plant is ready to strike and we might be stock piling, not sure until after 9am.

My Reds beats the Cards last night, even though it doesnt mean anything, it still feels good to get a win over the Cardinals!

Have a great day!

Fordman

Our plant is non-Union, so we don't have strikes, thankfully.

Our company had a plant go Union and the very first chance they had to shut the plant down, they did. If we went Union, they would do the same thing to us.

They took the employees pensions away in 2006 or so. Company told them they could either have their pensions taken away or have the plant shut down. They offered buyouts to anyone that wanted them, and didn't want to work their any longer.

I literally work for Nazis.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Have to get some homework finished this morning. I tried working on it last night, but I got to the point where I wasn't able to concentrate or focus on it at all. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get some pictures from the game on Saturday uploaded later today. Its tough having to go back to class after having a nice weekend at the ballpark

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Our plant is non-Union, so we don't have strikes, thankfully.

Our company had a plant go Union and the very first chance they had to shut the plant down, they did. If we went Union, they would do the same thing to us.

I literally work for Nazis.

So basically you'd rather not have a voice in the workplace, have whatever they want shoved down your throat and like it or quit? BTW, it is illegal for a company to shut down a business because the worker unionized. You're drinking the anti union propoganda kool-aid. Ive been on several Union organization drives and that is the first thing companies tell the employees. Fear is a workers worst enemy, second is the the pizza delivery man.

Fordman

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
So basically you'd rather not have a voice in the workplace, have whatever they want shoved down your throat and like it or quit? BTW, it is illegal for a company to shut down a business because the worker unionized. You're drinking the anti union propoganda kool-aid. Ive been on several Union organization drives and that is the first thing companies tell the employees. Fear is a workers worst enemy, second is the the pizza delivery man.

Fordman

Tell that to the Mayfield Kentucky plant.

I'm not anti-Union or pro-Union.

I'm pro-keeping my job.

If they go Union, the company will shut the plant down the first opportunity they can find. They just built a brand new facility in North or South Carolina, and we'll be expendable anyway.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio

I'm pro-keeping my job.

If they go Union, the company will shut the plant down the first opportunity they can find. They just built a brand new facility in North or South Carolina, and we'll be expendable anyway.

Enjoy having no voice in the workplace and whatever the pay/benefits THEY choose shoved down your throat! Btw, if they go bankrupt or out of business, enjoy not being a creditor in bankruptcy or no severance!

Fordman

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Morning all.
[MENTION=3848]TBTwinsFan[/MENTION]

Taylor, yep, they probably did buy them out. One was up in Bemidji and one was another, he didn't disclose. Said it took about a month to get everything going, so, for just a month, the place looks outstanding. Only bad part, for me, is a couple display cases w/Magic or w/e in it. I have ZERO interest in that, so they could stuff that product somewhere else and keep the sports stuff up front.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

I'm pro-keeping my job.

Both of those states are right to work for less Sam.
Only reason why it was allow to happen in Kentucky. And then opened the plant in North/ South Carolina.
Because it too is a union busting state. No voice and no right to strike for said voice, yet people flock to those states for jobs.

Last edited:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning.
Love sellers who decline offers without countering. Especially when I offer 80-85% of their bin. People are dumb..
As for union and none.. there's much to be said about both..

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Morning all.
@TBTwinsFan

Taylor, yep, they probably did buy them out. One was up in Bemidji and one was another, he didn't disclose. Said it took about a month to get everything going, so, for just a month, the place looks outstanding. Only bad part, for me, is a couple display cases w/Magic or w/e in it. I have ZERO interest in that, so they could stuff that product somewhere else and keep the sports stuff up front.

Did he say which one in Bemidji? I know there were 2, I visited them when I toured BSU. Neither were great, but at least it was something to look at.

I'm not into TCG stuff anymore either. Certainly don't like seeing it in shops, but for a lot of guys it's what keeps them afloat. I remember visiting a shop in Brainerd where they kept all the non-sports stuff (mainly just comics) in the back room, and kept all the sports at the front.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Morning fellas.

Had a big test this morning. I completely botched the 10 pt essay question on the fluid mosaic model. I had a feeling it was on endo/exocytosis so I studied for that instead. Should have done okay on the rest of it though.

Anyway, what's everyone else up too?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Ok kiddies I need to head to work. Peace out and play nice while I'm gone. I most likely work over tonight as well. So 3 am is a long time away

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Did he say which one in Bemidji? I know there were 2, I visited them when I toured BSU. Neither were great, but at least it was something to look at.

I'm not into TCG stuff anymore either. Certainly don't like seeing it in shops, but for a lot of guys it's what keeps them afloat. I remember visiting a shop in Brainerd where they kept all the non-sports stuff (mainly just comics) in the back room, and kept all the sports at the front.

I know it was ONE of the one's downtown. He didn't say which one, but it was one in the old downtown area (which the other one is still there).

Members online

Latest posts