Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
How rare are the 1995 Score Gold Rush redemption cards with the Pinnacle Logo punched into the cards? I've only the Clark on Drew's website, and random other players here and there. I'm assuming a lot of them were thrown away??

Tough but I've seen Mattingly , Piazza and a few others go for $1-5 in the last year. Like a year ago I saw a Tigers full team set go for $10ish. But they are rare or people have em and just don't list em.

Ryan

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Rickey was in series 2, and I don't think Pinnacle punched those cards during the redemption process. However, some of the series 1 cards are punched. I found a thread on this site that mentioned Pinnacle started to punch all the cards, but then stopped at some point (perhaps they were overwhelmed with all the redemptions and just decided to send them back unpunched along with the platinum set?). So, I have no idea how many are out there, but the Clark definitely exists. Drew's website www.thrill22.com shows it if you click on "1995."

Tanner, I have a lead on the Canseco.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
image.jpg
Ok, fellow golfers/Clark fans, who's in for a third of this with me? Hahaha.

image.jpg
This wasn't Pebble Beach, nor 11k, but still an awesome experience.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Awesome Joel , that would be fun. As much as I'm a Will fan , I ain't dropping $4k to play. Unless it came with an MSU or Olympic Game Used Jersey ;)

Ryan

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Sorry for the dark images. The reflection from these cards makes them hard to scan.

RogersGoldRedeemed.jpg
95PinnacleRedeemed.jpg

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Sorry for the dark images. The reflection from these cards makes them hard to scan.

RogersGoldRedeemed.jpg
95PinnacleRedeemed.jpg

Drew, if it weren't for you, I'd have no idea these cards existed. Thank you for helping me build my collection. Your website is a fantastic reference.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm glad you didn't win it Joel. That price is crazy. 5 people, a few I am not sure who they are, bid $1650 or more. It's a tough card, I want the card, it's not a $2200 card IMO.

I think some of it has to do with the picture they used, it's always irritated me and for $2k I can't see me ever pulling the trigger.

Anyone know if this was a duplicate for MJ?

Ryan

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
I'm glad you didn't win it Joel. That price is crazy. 5 people, a few I am not sure who they are, bid $1650 or more. It's a tough card, I want the card, it's not a $2200 card IMO.

I think some of it has to do with the picture they used, it's always irritated me and for $2k I can't see me ever pulling the trigger.

Anyone know if this was a duplicate for MJ?

Ryan

yep, Michael snagged it.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
My art piece finally came in yesterday, so I figured this would be an appropriate place to post it! If you didn't read my thread on the Canseco piece, here it is: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...-Gap-between-Baseball-Card-and-Art-Collecting

Cliff's notes: I found a guy who had the original art paintings done for the 1993 Metz Bakery cards:

Untitled-2.jpg

As it turns out, the artist of these pieces are Don Ivan Punchatz - the artist who drew the first Star Wars poster! Mr. Punchatz passed away over 6 years ago, but you can find a lot of his work online - very cool / bizarre stuff. Anyway, here is the Will Clark 1 of 1 art painting!

Here is the cover with a picture that the painting was inspired from, along with a note telling the manufacturer to return the painting back to Mr. Punchatz' address:

20151128_194009.jpg

When you flip the front cardboard piece over the top, it shows this inside (if there is any glare, it is due to a glossy see-thru page on top of it which can be flipped up as well):

20151128_194127.jpg

Close up of the face:

20151128_194156.jpg

Bottom left corner:

20151128_194418.jpg

With as much as I love the Canseco piece, the Clark piece pops more. Either way, they are both cool!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts