Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF 2019 Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Sorry in advance if this topic appeared anywhere else ad nauseam; however, my ballot would be as follows if I had a vote:

Mariano Rivera

Self explanatory. Best reliever and one of the best postseason performers in history. There have been 12 men on the moon. Rivera has only allowed 11 postseason runs. Oh...his postseason ERA was 0.70 in 96 appearances.

Curt Schilling

Put your political views aside. Schilling is one of the best postseason performers in history. He has a career 79.6 bWAR in 20 seasons.

Mike Mussina

Finished with 270 victories and went out as a 20 game winner. He pitched his entire career in the AL East against steroid-injected phonies and still pitched to a career ERA of 3.68.

Edgar Martinez

Arguably the most feared DH in big league history next to David Ortiz. He used to murder my Yankees! Fun fact, he hit .625 against Mariano Rivera. If Harold *bleeping* Baines is in, you better put Edgar in. His career slash line .312/.418/.515. Goodness...

Andruw Jones

There wasn't a better defensive CF in the late 90's and early 2000's than Jones. Sorry. Not Bonds. Not Griffey. Not Edmonds. Jones had 10 consecutive gold glove awards between 1998-2007. Offensively speaking during that period, Jones never hit less than 25 homers. He drove in 100 runs on 5 occasions.

Roy Halladay

This one is obvious. A consistent workhorse that finished with a .659 winning percentage and 64.3 bWAR in 16 seasons. An 8 time all-star, 2 time Cy Young Winner and finished in the top 5 of Cy Young voting on 7 occasions.

Omar Vizquel

He's the best defensive shortstop of our generation. Let's see another bozo play 24 seasons at such a demanding position so that whole "stat compiler" argument doesn't apply here. He's an 11 time gold glove award winner with 2,877 hits. In 12,013 plate appearances, he only struck out 1,087 times. Yep...

Fred McGriff

How this man is not a Hall of Famer is beyond me. Career slash line of .284/.377/.509 which includes 493 long balls. This man was one of the most dangerous hitters of the early 90s. Put him in!!!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Sorry in advance if this topic appeared anywhere else ad nauseam; however, my ballot would be as follows if I had a vote:

Mariano Rivera

Self explanatory. Best reliever and one of the best postseason performers in history. There have been 12 men on the moon. Rivera has only allowed 11 postseason runs. Oh...his postseason ERA was 0.70 in 96 appearances.

Curt Schilling

Put your political views aside. Schilling is one of the best postseason performers in history. He has a career 79.6 bWAR in 20 seasons.

Mike Mussina

Finished with 270 victories and went out as a 20 game winner. He pitched his entire career in the AL East against steroid-injected phonies and still pitched to a career ERA of 3.68.

Edgar Martinez

Arguably the most feared DH in big league history next to David Ortiz. He used to murder my Yankees! Fun fact, he hit .625 against Mariano Rivera. If Harold *bleeping* Baines is in, you better put Edgar in. His career slash line .312/.418/.515. Goodness...

Andruw Jones

There wasn't a better defensive CF in the late 90's and early 2000's than Jones. Sorry. Not Bonds. Not Griffey. Not Edmonds. Jones had 10 consecutive gold glove awards between 1998-2007. Offensively speaking during that period, Jones never hit less than 25 homers. He drove in 100 runs on 5 occasions.

Roy Halladay

This one is obvious. A consistent workhorse that finished with a .659 winning percentage and 64.3 bWAR in 16 seasons. An 8 time all-star, 2 time Cy Young Winner and finished in the top 5 of Cy Young voting on 7 occasions.

Omar Vizquel

He's the best defensive shortstop of our generation. Let's see another bozo play 24 seasons at such a demanding position so that whole "stat compiler" argument doesn't apply here. He's an 11 time gold glove award winner with 2,877 hits. In 12,013 plate appearances, he only struck out 1,087 times. Yep...

Fred McGriff

How this man is not a Hall of Famer is beyond me. Career slash line of .284/.377/.509 which includes 493 long balls. This man was one of the most dangerous hitters of the early 90s. Put him in!!!

Elephants in the Room - i.e. Put them in already:
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens - This applies to all four. I don't care that they used steroids. Players have been using PEDs since the beginning of the game and nobody is trying to throw Ruth, Aaron, Mays, or Mantle out so these four should be in.
Mark McGwire
Gary Sheffield

Should be shoo-ins:
Mariano Rivera - Yes, no explanation needed.
Curt Schilling - Yes, his political views are the only thing keeping him out which is ridiculous.
Mike Mussina - Yes, he's very, very underrated. Pitched his whole career in the AL East and still won 270 games.
Edgar Martinez - Absolutely yes, It's stupid that he isn't already in as the greatest DH ever.
Andruw Jones - Yes, He's the best defensive CF of all time by the second largest margin at any position and had an above average bat with good counting stats.
Roy Halladay - Yes, He was dominant over a ten year stretch and was nails in the postseason.
Billy Wagner - Yes, He's better than Hoffman by quite a bit. In the modern era of the closer (used 1985 to present for the sample) he's the second best behind Rivera.
Scott Rolen - Yes, He's a top 5 defender all time at 3B and he had a well above average bat. The numbers from his peak are ridiculous and had Hee-Seop Choi not destroyed his shoulder his stat line would look even better, probably including 400 HRs.
Larry Walker - Yes, Dude hit wherever he played and was a 5 tool player. We have plenty of adjusted stats to better represent his time at Coors and they all still show him as a great hitter and defender, both home and away.
Sammy Sosa - Yes, See above regarding steroids. Even if he and Mac hadn't saved baseball in 1998, his stat line says put him in anyway.

Borderline:
Fred McGriff - Leaning yes because the 1994 strike probably cost him the 500 HR club but I wouldn't fight for him to get in if someone wanted to argue the other side.
Andy Pettitte - Leaning no because he's kind of Mussina-lite but I can see the argument for putting him in.

Why does this guy get so much love?:
Omar Vizquel - No. His bat was as bad (career 83 wRC+ is well below average even among shortstops) as his defense was good. The compiler argument certainly applies. He never broke 200 hits in a season. His career OBP is .336. His slugging is barely higher at .352. He averaged 125 hits a year. That's...ummm...that's not real good for a guy who didn't hit much but singles and didn't walk much. If singles slap hitter who hung around forever playing good defense is your calling card then you better get to 3,000 hits in a 23 year career.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens - This applies to all four. I don't care that they used steroids. Players have been using PEDs since the beginning of the game and nobody is trying to throw Ruth, Aaron, Mays, or Mantle out so these four should be in.
Mark McGwire
Gary Sheffield

Should be shoo-ins:
Curt Schilling - Yes, his political views are the only thing keeping him out which is ridiculous.
Mike Mussina - Yes, he's very, very underrated. Pitched his whole career in the AL East and still won 270 games.
Edgar Martinez - Absolutely yes, It's stupid that he isn't already in as the greatest DH ever.
Andruw Jones - Yes, He's the best defensive CF of all time by the second largest margin at any position and had an above average bat with good counting stats.
Roy Halladay - Yes, He was dominant over a ten year stretch and was nails in the postseason.
Billy Wagner - Yes, He's better than Hoffman by quite a bit. In the modern era of the closer (used 1985 to present for the sample) he's the second best behind Rivera.
Scott Rolen - Yes, He's a top 5 defender all time at 3B and he had a well above average bat. The numbers from his peak are ridiculous and had Hee-Seop Choi not destroyed his shoulder his stat line would look even better, probably including 400 HRs.
Larry Walker - Yes, Dude hit wherever he played and was a 5 tool player. We have plenty of adjusted stats to better represent his time at Coors and they all still show him as a great hitter and defender, both home and away.
Sammy Sosa - Yes, See above regarding steroids. Even if he and Mac hadn't saved baseball in 1998, his stat line says put him in anyway.

Borderline:
Fred McGriff - Leaning yes because the 1994 strike probably cost him the 500 HR club but I wouldn't fight for him to get in if someone wanted to argue the other side.
Andy Pettitte - Leaning no because he's kind of Mussina-lite but I can see the argument for putting him in.

Omar Vizquel - No. His bat was as bad (career 83 wRC+ is well below average even among shortstops) as his defense was good. The compiler argument certainly applies. He never broke 200 hits in a season. His career OBP is .336. His slugging is barely higher at .352. He averaged 125 hits a year. That's...ummm...that's not real good for a guy who didn't hit much but singles and didn't walk much. If singles slap hitter who hung around forever playing good defense is your calling card then you better get to 3,000 hits in a 23 year career.

The only knock I have against Wagner is his awful postseason mark. His 10+ ERA is definitely a big red flag.

I love Rolen don't get me wrong, but only 316 homers and just a tick over 2,000 hits ain't going to cut it. Same goes for Walker. The guy had one hell of a peak, but his stats scream HOF of very good.

McGwire and Sosa had impact and made baseball fun as hell, but one cannot omit their grave errors of staining their legacies. McGwire when he lied in front of Congress and Sosa flat out told the papers "I'll be awaiting my call to the hall" even though he was a roider and corked his bat. Lol

Vizquel played 24 seasons at a grueling position. He was the model of consistency. He's another guy that got screwed by the 1994 strike. He easily would've surpassed the 3,000 hit threshold, just as McGriff would've accrued 500 long balls.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I don't understand why Andruw Jones is not more widely viewed as deserving between his bat and incredible glove.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
The only knock I have against Wagner is his awful postseason mark. His 10+ ERA is definitely a big red flag.

I love Rolen don't get me wrong, but only 316 homers and just a tick over 2,000 hits ain't going to cut it. Same goes for Walker. The guy had one hell of a peak, but his stats scream HOF of very good.

McGwire and Sosa had impact and made baseball fun as hell, but one cannot omit their grave errors of staining their legacies. McGwire when he lied in front of Congress and Sosa flat out told the papers "I'll be awaiting my call to the hall" even though he was a roider and corked his bat. Lol

Vizquel played 24 seasons at a grueling position. He was the model of consistency. He's another guy that got screwed by the 1994 strike. He easily would've surpassed the 3,000 hit threshold, just as McGriff would've accrued 500 long balls.

That's a valid point with Wagner but I value his 903 regular seasons much more heavily than his 11.1 postseason innings. His postseason ERA was 9.26, not 10+, but his postseason xFIP is 3.28. That's not normal dominant Wagner but being unlucky over 11 innings shouldn't override dominance over 900+ innings.

Rolen is the 7th best 3B of all time by fWAR and he did it in about 70% of the PAs that the guys ahead of him did due to the shoulder injuries. He ranks right up there with the best for overall value and by peak he's the 3rd or 4th best all time. Walker is much the same argument of a career being all peak but short due to injury. He is a top 10 RF of all time and he did it in about 80% of the PAs of the guys above him. Both guys are much better players than Fred McGriff.

You don't like PED users and that's a valid stance. Are you ready to remove Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Cap Anson, and 90% of the rest of the players in the Hall of Fame for cheating/PED use? If not, then there is no reason to exclude Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, et al. If you want to keep cheaters out of the Hall then I'll gladly go the Hall of Lou Gehrig, Stan Musial, and Christy Mathewson with you because those would be the only three guys left to enshrine. McGwire never lied in front of Congress. Palmeiro did. Sosa forgot he could speak English. There are lots of a-holes in the Hall. That isn't a valid reason to exclude someone given all the guys already enshrined.

Vizquel wasn't going to get 123 hits in the 200 or so At Bats he lost out on while healthy in 1994. He was also injured for a good chunk of that year. 7 Homers for McGriff in 200 more At Bats? I buy that because he was averaging 1 HR/14 At Bats then. 200 At bats would have meant about 14 more homers on average. I think 7 would have been a lock. An average Vizquel season worth of hits in 1/3 of a season however? Not a chance. Ozzie is in because he was the greatest defensive player of all time at any position. Vizquel wasn't that good defensively (about 80% as good as Ozzie) and he was worse with the bat. He isn't a Hall of Famer. Even if he'd gotten to 3,000 hits I'd argue he isn't.

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
That's a valid point with Wagner but I value his 903 regular seasons much more heavily than his 11.1 postseason innings. His postseason ERA was 9.26, not 10+, but his postseason xFIP is 3.28. That's not normal dominant Wagner but being unlucky over 11 innings shouldn't override dominance over 900+ innings.

Rolen is the 7th best 3B of all time by fWAR and he did it in about 70% of the PAs that the guys ahead of him did due to the shoulder injuries. He ranks right up there with the best for overall value and by peak he's the 3rd or 4th best all time. Walker is much the same argument of a career being all peak but short due to injury. He is a top 10 RF of all time and he did it in about 80% of the PAs of the guys above him. Both guys are much better players than Fred McGriff.

You don't like PED users and that's a valid stance. Are you ready to remove Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Cap Anson, and 90% of the rest of the players in the Hall of Fame for cheating/PED use? If not, then there is no reason to exclude Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, et al. If you want to keep cheaters out of the Hall then I'll gladly go the Hall of Lou Gehrig, Stan Musial, and Christy Mathewson with you because those would be the only three guys left to enshrine. McGwire never lied in front of Congress. Palmeiro did. Sosa forgot he could speak English. There are lots of a-holes in the Hall. That isn't a valid reason to exclude someone given all the guys already enshrined.

Vizquel wasn't going to get 123 hits in the 200 or so At Bats he lost out on while healthy in 1994. He was also injured for a good chunk of that year. 7 Homers for McGriff in 200 more At Bats? I buy that because he was averaging 1 HR/14 At Bats then. 200 At bats would have meant about 14 more homers on average. I think 7 would have been a lock. An average Vizquel season worth of hits in 1/3 of a season however? Not a chance. Ozzie is in because he was the greatest defensive player of all time at any position. Vizquel wasn't that good defensively (about 80% as good as Ozzie) and he was worse with the bat. He isn't a Hall of Famer. Even if he'd gotten to 3,000 hits I'd argue he isn't.

Wagner was dominant as all hell, but he's 50 saves under Lee Smith and not even close to Hoffman or Rivera. We're splitting hairs on the postseason numbers. Very good, but not HOF worth with these many players on the ballot.

Rolen was good, but that's about it. If we just use WAR to evaluate a player, we're looking at this all wrong. He's in the HOF of very good. McGriff was one of the best power hitters in his era. He is certainly deserving.

Please educate me on how Aaron, Mays, Ruth, Cobb and the like cheated. Those men are elite. No hesitation required. Yes, Mike Schmidt admitted to using greenies, but were they illegal? Bonds, Clemens, McGwire and the rest of the lot knew what they were doing. They altered their bodies in an attempt to gain an advantage. Pitchers careers were ruined because of these charlatans. Yes, in the 1900s pitchers doctored the ball with tobacco juice and used bottle caps to groove the ball for instance. The baseball Hall of Fame isn't perfect. No one is making that claim. However, PED users are another evil.

Vizquel was literally averaging more than a hit per game in 1994 in those 69 that he played. Regardless, you can't omit a guy that played for 24 years at a grueling position. Come on...not a good defender? His 11 gold gloves say otherwise.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Wagner was dominant as all hell, but he's 50 saves under Lee Smith and not even close to Hoffman or Rivera. We're splitting hairs on the postseason numbers. Very good, but not HOF worth with these many players on the ballot.

Rolen was good, but that's about it. If we just use WAR to evaluate a player, we're looking at this all wrong. He's in the HOF of very good. McGriff was one of the best power hitters in his era. He is certainly deserving.

Please educate me on how Aaron, Mays, Ruth, Cobb and the like cheated. Those men are elite. No hesitation required. Yes, Mike Schmidt admitted to using greenies, but were they illegal? Bonds, Clemens, McGwire and the rest of the lot knew what they were doing. They altered their bodies in an attempt to gain an advantage. Pitchers careers were ruined because of these charlatans. Yes, in the 1900s pitchers doctored the ball with tobacco juice and used bottle caps to groove the ball for instance. The baseball Hall of Fame isn't perfect. No one is making that claim. However, PED users are another evil.

Vizquel was literally averaging more than a hit per game in 1994 in those 69 that he played. Regardless, you can't omit a guy that played for 24 years at a grueling position. Come on...not a good defender? His 11 gold gloves say otherwise.

McGriff played in the same era as 5 of the 9 guys to hit 600 home runs (one with 700+) as well as multiple 500 home run guys. I'll take WAR out of the equation and just use old school stats. He was 41st in slugging during his career and 31st as a hitter over all tied with John Kruk at a 134 wRC+. He wasn't one of the premier power hitters of his era. He was a quality hitter but lets not pretend he was Lou Gehrig.

Okay. Accepting your statement that PEDs are another level of evil...all the players I listed were admitted users of PEDs, be they greenies or steroid precursors, or they were a-holes/racists/horrible human beings that would violate the same morality clause that voters tout to keep Bonds, Clemens, et al out. You can't have it both ways. Either all cheaters/PED users/horrible human beings are in or they aren't. To say that some PEDs are okay and others aren't is laughable. To say that's it's okay for Cap Anson to segregate baseball for 60+ years but it's not okay for Sammy Sosa to be smug is an indefensible view. It's also very naive to think that pitchers didn't benefit from steroid use in that period just as much as hitters. Steroids actually do much more for pitchers than they do hitters and more pitchers have tested positive than hitters by a wide margin.

Saying that McGriff is Hall of Fame worthy and Rolen isn't is taking the fact that Rolen was a top 5 all time defender at a much tougher position than McGriff (who was a terrible defender at one of the lowest spots on the defensive spectrum) and saying "Eh defense doesn't matter anyway and McGriff hit home runs." That's not an argument that holds water. Both sides of the ball count.

Rafael Palmeiro won a Gold Glove in 1999 for playing 1B for 28 games and DHing another 128 games. I give Gold Glove totals very little credence but in Vizquel's case about 6 of the ones he won were warranted maybe. He won some laughable ones too like in 1994 when he only played 69 games. He wasn't even the best defender of his era in the AL. That was Cal Ripken who should have about 6 more Gold Gloves than he does.

He's the 9th most valuable shortstop defensively all time. I left out part of a sentence there in my last post. I meant to say Vizquel is about 80% as good defensively as Ozzie which is still pretty darn good (though after looking again he's about 65% as good as Ozzie was, at least by value accrued). Problem is he's also the 20th worst offensive shortstop of all time hanging out on the leaderboard with luminaries like Rey Ordonez, Cesar Izturis, and Rabbit Warstler.

Ozzie is considered the model for weak bat, great defense shortstops in the Hall. He's the 255th worst offensive shortstop in history. Vizquel put up almost four times as much negative value with the bat as Ozzie. Even giving Vizquel credit for his longevity and cutting the sample to shortstops that got 10,000 at bats in the bigs, he's the second worst in that group ahead of only Rabbit Maranville. At 8,000 plate appearances Vizquel is the 6th worst by rank and Ozzie is 15th.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
McGriff played in the same era as 5 of the 9 guys to hit 600 home runs (one with 700+) as well as multiple 500 home run guys. I'll take WAR out of the equation and just use old school stats. He was 41st in slugging during his career and 31st as a hitter over all tied with John Kruk at a 134 wRC+. He wasn't one of the premier power hitters of his era. He was a quality hitter but lets not pretend he was Lou Gehrig.

Okay. Accepting your statement that PEDs are another level of evil...all the players I listed were admitted users of PEDs, be they greenies or steroid precursors, or they were a-holes/racists/horrible human beings that would violate the same morality clause that voters tout to keep Bonds, Clemens, et al out. You can't have it both ways. Either all cheaters/PED users/horrible human beings are in or they aren't. To say that some PEDs are okay and others aren't is laughable. To say that's it's okay for Cap Anson to segregate baseball for 60+ years but it's not okay for Sammy Sosa to be smug is an indefensible view. It's also very naive to think that pitchers didn't benefit from steroid use in that period just as much as hitters. Steroids actually do much more for pitchers than they do hitters and more pitchers have tested positive than hitters by a wide margin.

Saying that McGriff is Hall of Fame worthy and Rolen isn't is taking the fact that Rolen was a top 5 all time defender at a much tougher position than McGriff (who was a terrible defender at one of the lowest spots on the defensive spectrum) and saying "Eh defense doesn't matter anyway and McGriff hit home runs." That's not an argument that holds water. Both sides of the ball count.

Rafael Palmeiro won a Gold Glove in 1999 for playing 1B for 28 games and DHing another 128 games. I give Gold Glove totals very little credence but in Vizquel's case about 6 of the ones he won were warranted maybe. He won some laughable ones too like in 1994 when he only played 69 games. He wasn't even the best defender of his era in the AL. That was Cal Ripken who should have about 6 more Gold Gloves than he does.

He's the 9th most valuable shortstop defensively all time. I left out part of a sentence there in my last post. I meant to say Vizquel is about 80% as good defensively as Ozzie which is still pretty darn good (though after looking again he's about 65% as good as Ozzie was, at least by value accrued). Problem is he's also the 20th worst offensive shortstop of all time hanging out on the leaderboard with luminaries like Rey Ordonez, Cesar Izturis, and Rabbit Warstler.

Ozzie is considered the model for weak bat, great defense shortstops in the Hall. He's the 255th worst offensive shortstop in history. Vizquel put up almost four times as much negative value with the bat as Ozzie. Even giving Vizquel credit for his longevity and cutting the sample to shortstops that got 10,000 at bats in the bigs, he's the second worst in that group ahead of only Rabbit Maranville. At 8,000 plate appearances Vizquel is the 6th worst by rank and Ozzie is 15th.

Never said he was Lou Gehrig. McGriff didn't take PED's unlike the other hacks.

Don't you think it's imperative to examine players on a case by case basis while also considering context and social norms for that time period? It doesn't make things right or just, but treating eras universal based on morality doesn't serve any justice. Roberto Alomar spit on an empire and he's in.

McGriff was never a great defender, but Martinez was never a defender at all. Offense can ususrp defense when it comes to HOF discussion. It's the same reason David Ortiz will slide in as a first ballot although he never played a legit position.

Could a, would a and should'a. Vizquel still has the hardware regardless of your opinion. Those three you listed weren't half the players that Vizquel was.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
None of them. The HOF should lock it's doors now and never let anyone else in ever again. Nobody is good enough! What is it coming too, the "Hall of better than 98% of the players all-time"?

My sarcastic jabber aside, I like all of players in the original post and would not cry like a ***** if they were all elected at some point.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I view the modern day steroid users differently than the guys from the 70s/80s that pop greenies like tic tac for a couple reasons...none of which matter here, to me it's simple, sometimes the line needs to be drawn just because some people got away with it doesn't mean we are held hostage to letting it continue to happen. I don't think they should be celebrated, all those guys will likely be featured in different spots and I'm fine with that, they had a big part in the games modern day history, but the enshrinement, the plaque, for me is different and I don't think they deserve it.
There's lots and lots of guys that are deserving of consideration on the ballot. I don't like comparing current guys to existing guys in the hall because it's not fair, or necessary. Mariano Rivera is a hall of famer, why, not because of his numbers because the guy through essentially one pitch for 20 years and still made the majority of hitters look stupid. He's my no brainier. Everyone else I could go either way on really, I'd probably end up making votes for 3-5 in 2019, no more. Lots of these guys had amazing peaks but it wasn't sustained, or injuries interrupted what should have been more. If all these guys get voted in, we've listed off somewhere between 15-20 names it feels like, the 90s/00s are going to be overly represented as well, they simply all can't be hall of famer by definition, it's not a participation ribbon.

hanzlaumar

Dec 21, 2018

Mariano Rivera

Curt Schilling

Mike Mussina

Edgar Martinez

Andruw Jones

Roy Halladay

Omar Vizquel

Fred McGriff

If you are searching for good jobs that suit your nature then you can visit the link below to find career opportunities for your bright future.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Barry Bonds
Mark McGwire
Gary Sheffield

Should be shoo-ins:

Borderline:

This is the only thing I’m gonna say this year about the hall. You have Edgar Martinez in as do most. I do not. But no Omar. And then you go on to say why. Anybody who saw his entire career should know how great he was and if Ozzie is in then Omar is a certainty. But the argument for Edgar is the same for omar if people want to compare the two. He was a DH FOR 80% Of career. Hence both mine as well be set up men according to that logic.

Well one more thing Andrew Jones and not Fred McGriff. That’s a joke to. Andrew Jones has NO SHOT and Fred mcgriff. Is Co Paris me to Art Monk in football. Took 10 years. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online