Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Adventures of Evan Gattis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
How does Topps continue to ram the same "prospects" down our throat for 2-3 consecutive years sometimes, yet produce no cards (other than a Heritage minor leagues base card) of Gattis?

Dealing with a similar issue with Miguel Gonzalez. He has two 2013 cards now in Heritage and Gypsy Queen and technically they are his rookie cards - he has no other cards. But I guess since he's not a rookie, he doesn't get the "RC" label on his card. They had no problems slapping that on all the Machado's though::facepalm::

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
back to back games with bombs. It would bode Topps well to get this guy a rookie card soon,

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
His average isn't that high but man is he hitting some clutch home runs lately:

This tied the game with 2 outs in the 9th off Twins closer Glen Perkins:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | MIN@ATL: Gattis deadlocks score with homer in ninth - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

This put them ahead 2-1 in the 8th off Kenley Jansen:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | LAD@ATL: Gattis' two-run homer puts the Braves on top - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

Here is the grand slam he hit today:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | MIN@ATL: Gattis' first career slam pads Braves' lead - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

bmc398

May 25, 2009
His average isn't that high but man is he hitting some clutch home runs lately:

This tied the game with 2 outs in the 9th off Twins closer Glen Perkins:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | MIN@ATL: Gattis deadlocks score with homer in ninth - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

This put them ahead 2-1 in the 8th off Kenley Jansen:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | LAD@ATL: Gattis' two-run homer puts the Braves on top - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

Here is the grand slam he hit today:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | MIN@ATL: Gattis' first career slam pads Braves' lead - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

Nuts. I was there on Saturday night when he hit the 2 R HR off of Jansen to put the Braves in the lead. I haven't seen the Ted that electric in a LONG time. It was military appreciation day as well so it was pretty darn packed too. Great timing for this guy....

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Just hit his 4th pinch hit homer tonight. MLB record is 7. Hopefully he DOES NOT get the opportunity to break that b/c this man needs to be in the lineup every day.

It was his 14th homer of the year, is it crazy to say this guy deserves an All-Star nod? Only 156 at bats but OPS near .930.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=27922617&c_id=mlb

Last edited:

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
He knocked the cover off that ball tonight in SD.

Saw the following stats from the Braves stats guy after the game. His stats as a pinch hitter so far this year: 6 for 8, 1 2B, 4 HR, 11 RBI's, 1 BB. That's .750/.778/2.375 (3.153 OPS)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's a shame Gattis can't play full time because he's blocked by McCann and the .200 hitters B.J. Upton and Jason Heyward.
The manager should play who's the best player and hottest, not who makes the most money or has been the starter for years.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
It's a shame Gattis can't play full time because he's blocked by McCann and the .200 hitters B.J. Upton and Jason Heyward.
The manager should play who's the best player and hottest, not who makes the most money or has been the starter for years.

I agree, although Heyward is definitely turning it around. He's really hot lately. But I see no reason why he can't play LF 4 times a week, and back up McCann once or twice a week.

Move Heyward to center and J Upton to right.

Heck let him play 1B against really tough lefties like Kershaw, Gio Gonzalez, Cliff Lee, etc.

That homer off Strasburg though - 96 MPH head-level - never ceases to amaze me.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia

Heyward has raised his average 60 points so far this month and has an 8 game hitting streak going. He hit 2 HR's tonight. McCann is the one struggling a little bit at the plate right now.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I agree, although Heyward is definitely turning it around. He's really hot lately. But I see no reason why he can't play LF 4 times a week, and back up McCann once or twice a week.

Move Heyward to center and J Upton to right.

Heck let him play 1B against really tough lefties like Kershaw, Gio Gonzalez, Cliff Lee, etc.

That homer off Strasburg though - 96 MPH head-level - never ceases to amaze me.

Freddie is hitting for a better average against lefties this year than against righties .317 to .313. He won't be sitting against a tough lefty unless he just needs a day off. Gattis will catch 1 or 2 games a week and might play left field 1 game. I thought Laird was going to catch Teheran tonight because he's pitched great when Laird was catching him, but I guess Fredi wanted the lefty bat against Marquis.

Members online

Latest posts