Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best way to unload almost an entire collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Started collecting baseball cards in 2004 and got into the prospecting game in 2006... now that I'm in college and not around my collection 9 months out of the year, it has been tough staying involved with the hobby. I've got hundreds and hundreds of game used and $5 and under auto cards, plus boxes of thousands of base cards (busted probably 5 cases worth of bowman products since 2006) and a pretty nice prospect collection. Not fully leaving the hobby, so I'm not in desperation mode trying to but I definitely want to purge some of the terrible purchases I've made in the past, most of the base cards I have sitting in under my bed and the binders full of game used/auto cards.

What is the best way to go about this? I was only able to list about 250 cards during free listing week on ebay, have made threads on blowout and here, but am having a tough time getting rid of bulk stuff.

Should I get an ebay store subscription and list everything BIN? continue to slowly sell the free listings worth on ebay? I've never had any luck getting decent offers at card shows for my stuff and I don't think the LCS would be willing to take on what I've got.

Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Christian

Last edited:

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
There are some solid sellers on here that do consignments. Obviously they are going to get a cut, but they will take the time to list, sell, and ship your items for you for a fee and all you do is ship everything to them and collect money.

If I were going to sell my collection, I would definitely consign it to someone. That's a lot to go through and deal with. Plus, some of these people have tons of repeat business so it helps to open your collection up to more people.

I don't know who all does this and I am not trying to ignore anyone or play favorites, but off the top of my head, [MENTION=1897]jcmint[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2558]boomo[/MENTION] are the only definite ones I know of. Maybe [MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION] and maybe [MENTION=1961]ballerskrip[/MENTION]. I'm not sure if [MENTION=2092]BowmanChromeAddict[/MENTION] does or not.

richezOne

Aug 11, 2008
BAY AREA, CA
I'd be interested in a huge lot of cheap gu and auto stuff..
What do you have and how big is the collection?

Rich

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
There are some solid sellers on here that do consignments. Obviously they are going to get a cut, but they will take the time to list, sell, and ship your items for you for a fee and all you do is ship everything to them and collect money.

If I were going to sell my collection, I would definitely consign it to someone. That's a lot to go through and deal with. Plus, some of these people have tons of repeat business so it helps to open your collection up to more people.

I don't know who all does this and I am not trying to ignore anyone or play favorites, but off the top of my head, @jcmint and @boomo are the only definite ones I know of. Maybe @markakis8 and maybe @ballerskrip. I'm not sure if @BowmanChromeAddict does or not.

Thanks for the advice, will definitely consider consigning.

Members online

Latest posts