Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you envision the rest of Albert Pujols career will look like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
He'll finish with over 600 home runs, around 2,000 RBI, .300+ career batting average, and probably close to 3,000 hits, if not over that mark.
He's a definite first ballot Hall of Famer, and will go down as one of the best hitters to have ever played the game.

This is probably where I figure it'll be and agree w the HOF and best hitters. I think like LeBron , when he left Stl the image hit is what's causing him to get hammered so hard. Yes stats are down from his pinnacle, but if he finishes this year like last and has 3 more seasons similar, that's 10 super years and 5 real good years, and that's impressive

Ryan

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
The fans are already booing him.

Not a good sign.

It's not going to end well.

Had he stayed in St. Louis that NEVER would have happened. He would have been a God forever.

Pretty sure he wouldn't want to be called a God given his affinity for "God"...just like he didn't want to be called El Hombre :)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If this is the beginning of a sharp decline Albert will not be a first ballot guy. His first half career numbers were incredible but 9 years of this or worse plus leaving StL for the money will diminish those accomplishments.

C'mon George, Albert is already a lock for 1st ballot. If he hangs around and hits like he is now...he just won't get 97% of the vote. Rickey Henderson hung around FOREVER and still got 91%...

Even counting last year, he had a 12-year run offensively that hadn't been done since Musial, Ted Williams, Gehrig, Babe, etc. He will be a 1st ballot HOF, regardless of how awful he plays the next 8 years.
[MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] - you are right in one thing. His plate discipline has gone down BIG TIME. He chases so many pitches now, it's shocking. Is his plantar fasciitis something that can fully heal in the offseason or is this a lifelong nagging injury (like Andre Dawson's knees)

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I don't think it can just heal itself in the offseason. He could get surgery on it but in the long run it may mess it up worse. Medicine does practically nothing for it and it will probably be a career long injury. I'm sure he is able to use the best doctor in the world for the surgery if he wanted too, but all surgery really does is make more room for it to become inflamed which relieves pain/pressure. Also according to one site complete rest for 6-18 months is the best cure for it. Pujols can not miss a year and a half worth of doing anything baseball related.This is what I have gathered from the internet.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I hope he continues to put up at least a couple more 30/100 seasons and hits 600 HRs.

I hated him when he was on the Cardinals (not shocking since I can't stand the Cardinals) but now I pull for him to do well since he's on the Angels.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
First ballot HOF for me even if he does nothing after this year. I think a realistic scenario for the rest of his career is 3-5 years of .250/.330/440 25-30 HR seasons if he stays fairly healthy. I don't think Albert will hang around too long if he can't atleast be a productive player(The Angels and him could agree on a buyout/consultant/pr gig). If I were the Angels, I would shut Pujols down right now with the order not to do anything baseball related until next spring. Let him heal and see what next year holds.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Carl, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek about first ballot. First ballot guys seems to be an integral part for their teams throughout the career and I would suggest that Albert will be less that in the coming years.

For a decade he was one of the most complete hitters in the game but his stats have declined since his 2009 year. I wonder how much of his issues stem from the pressure of being in LA, the contract, etc.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Carl, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek about first ballot. First ballot guys seems to be an integral part for their teams throughout the career and I would suggest that Albert will be less that in the coming years.

Reminds me of Griffey Jr in Cincy.

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles

For a decade he was one of the most complete hitters in the game but his stats have declined since his 2009 year. I wonder how much of his issues stem from the pressure of being in LA, the contract, etc.

Trust me LA and Anaheim are two different cities if he was in LA his old *** would be in some hot water with fans and the city'

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Albert is probably my least favorite player (even after having left my favorite team's division/league) but he's a 1st ballot HOF'er just as long as he stays away from PED's during these declining years.

WaxPax

We would like to think players who we like would do the honorable thing. Seriously, there is WAY to much money left on the table if he just retires even after playing only the first 5 years....this is a back loaded deal with the highest valued years at the end of the contract...so far he's only into 28M (2012 & 2013) of his 240M...If he quits after 5 years he's leaving 140M on the table...that's a lot of scratch to just walk away from....

Albert Pujols 1b
10 years/$240M (2012-21)

• 10 years/$240M (2012-21)
    • signed by LA Angels as a free agent 12/8/11
    • 12:$12M, 13:$16M, 14:$23M, 15:$24M, 16:$25M, 17:$26M, 18:$27M,19:$28M, 20:$29M, 21:$30M

He said earlier this year, when he can't play any more, he will retire.
Some players care about their image. He has plenty of money and I
believe he agreed with the angels to stay in the org. after his contract.

There are many player who will stay for the money, I believe there are
a few who would retire, much like a Barry Sanders. I think guys like jeter
and pujols would walk away when done and leave money on the table.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts