Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could Juan Pierre be the 1st 3,000 hit member not in HOF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Yeah, I don't think so unless your definition of great is not the conventional one. Truly great players don't play for seven different teams.
Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson played for 9 teams.
Hall of Famer Goose Gossage played for 9 teams.
Hall of Famer Hoyt Wilhelm played for 9 teams.
Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry played for 8 teams.
500 home run hitter Gary Sheffield played for 8 teams.

Last edited:

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I stand by what I said. Juan Pierre was a good player. Juan Pierre is/was not a great player, period.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Pierre hasn't started a game since the All-Star break.

BTW, Jimmy Rollins should pass both Pierre and Joe D mid-next year, and despite [MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]'s fandom, is not a HOFer either...;)

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
Just a thought...for the negatives brought up in this thread about the guy he still manages to stay employed .. Which is impressive on its own.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
First of all Pierre won't make it to 3,000 hits. On the very slim chance he actually does, I say he makes it into the HOF. I think you guys are underestimating how tough it is to reach the 3,000 hit plateau. Name a player with 3,000 that doesn't belong in the hall.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
First of all Pierre won't make it to 3,000 hits. On the very slim chance he actually does, I say he makes it into the HOF. I think you guys are underestimating how tough it is to reach the 3,000 hit plateau. Name a player with 3,000 that doesn't belong in the hall.

Rules have exceptions even if they have not been used yet. A better question to ask would be how many of the 3000 hit club HOF'ers could you scratch your head and ask "Who?" like many/most would about Pierre.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I assume you guys realize this thread is two years old, from when Pierre was still getting 600+ at bats a season and had a legitimate shot at 3,000 hits?
With his reduced playtime the last two years, and even less in future years, he obviously has no shot at probably even 2,500 hits anymore.

But this was an interesting debate then, similar to Johnny Damon's case.
Pierre had several 200 hit seasons
early in his career and was on pace to challenge the milestone.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Was Pete Rose a Hall of Fame caliber player? Finished top 10 in war 3 times in a 24 year career.

Members online

Latest posts