Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone a Manny Machado fan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
You shouldn't be. I feel like I'm watching Yasiel Puig 24/7. Intentionally throwing a bat on a swing. Probably the most bush-league stunt I've ever seen.

Probably one of the most talented players in baseball and the most disappointing for sure.

Biggest Orioles fan you'll ever see here. I preface with that b/c Manny Machado needs to GROW up quickly. And I've been seeing this "act" all year. Whether its not hustling or using his mouth when he shouldn't be (to an umpire or an opponent). That crap he pulled against Donaldson Friday night was just embarrassing. He was completely in the wrong there and acted like a 3rd grader.

I supposed b/c of his magical year last year, he feels he's in. Well, he's only 21 and can easily be demoted if he doesn't shapen up. I've seen him argue calls that I can't believe an umpire hasn't tossed him for yet. There's nothing wrong with questioning an umpires call...but there's a way to do it. He needs to be ejected once or twice, IMO. Put him in his place.

Markakis, AJ, Davis, Wieters...anybody...they need to take him out to dinner and talk this out. It's getting WAY out of hand.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Machado is a classy guy

Having a hissy fit for being tagged out earlier in the series. "Tossing" a bat, hoping to hit the pitcher today after a brushback pitch. He also hit the catcher twice on his backswing and didn't ask if he was OK. With the smirk that he had afterwards I wonder how accidental that was....

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I supposed b/c of his magical year last year, he feels he's in.
It was actually a magical half-year. He was terrible in the second half.

In 2013 before the All-Star break, he hit .310 and an incredible record-pace 39 doubles.
Post All-Star break, .240 with 12 doubles.
And this season, he has only 4 doubles.

And Markakis, it's great to see you calling out your team's player for playing and acting poorly.
There are too many annoying homers on this board who act like every one of their players can do no wrong.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hope to god someone puts a 99 MPH fastball between his eyes. One of the most classless ******* that is in the game today. I really hope he gets his ******* world rocked.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Die-Hard Orioles fan. Love Machado but what he pulled this weekend was wrong. What's worse, the ballpark was packed with Little Leaguers today who probably know more about sportsmanship than this prima donna act.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Guess I haven't been paying much attention this year. I found a lot of things to like about this kid last year. Terrible display this weekend, though. He's got some issues that need sorting out.

Comparing him him to Puig, though? Why? Puig has never shown any kind of violent tendencies. You may not like his flamboyance, or his bone-headed throwing and base running mistakes, but he's never done anything close to the crap that Manny pulled.

Edit: after a re-read I'm sure you weren't saying Machado's antics were Puig-like. I'm guessing he's been immature this season? Not sure why else his name got dragged into Machado's thuggery.

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I hope to god someone puts a 99 MPH fastball between his eyes. One of the most classless ******* that is in the game today. I really hope he gets his ******* world rocked.

Well this is obviously taking it way too far. But a 99 MPH fastball in the ribs would suffice for sure. No one deserves it in the head, even ARod.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Guess I haven't been paying much attention this year. I found a lot of things to like about this kid last year. Terrible display this weekend, though. He's got some issues that need sorting out.

Comparing him him to Puig, though? Why? Puig has never shown any kind of violent tendencies. You may not like his flamboyance, or his bone-headed throwing and base running mistakes, but he's never done anything close to the crap that Manny pulled.

Edit: after a re-read I'm sure you weren't saying Machado's antics were Puig-like. I'm guessing he's been immature this season? Not sure why else his name got dragged into Machado's thuggery.

Probably should have clarified a bit. Puig has NOT displayed any similar actions as Machado did this weekend. But they are both primadonnas...pure and simple. Let's put it this way, it would not surprise me if Puig pulled a similar stunt as what Manny did today. But Puig's actions are front and center of any sport show almost every day. You can't deny that. It's tiresome.

They are two of the most talented ballplayers in the game today the most immature. I hope for the game's sake (and with Machado the Orioles sake :) ) that they grow up and we don't have two more Manny Ramirez and Alex Rodriguez.

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
The more I think about it, the more I'm troubled by his behavior. Zero remorse or concern after hitting Norris on the backswing, not once, but twice. Norris has to leave the game. Then the thrown bat. Had his aim been true, he could have really hurt Abad. If that had happened, I think it would have been easy to prove intent and possibly prosecute. That bat was thrown after the ball was in the catcher's mitt and with considerable force. Then he proceeds to lip off. O's management needs to get some good people next to this kid, stat.

Nice kick save by the 3rd base ump, btw.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Wow that is a POS move for sure!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I supposed b/c of his magical year last year, he feels he's in. Well, he's only 21 and can easily be demoted if he doesn't shapen up.

There are usually two problems with "established" major leaguers. Teams usually don't have options to send someone to the minors (Machado may or may not be one of those) and usually teams don't like to send million dollar players to the minors because you don't want to be paying minor leaguers that much, but I see that Machado is only making about $500,000 this season so the Orioles wouldn't be eating that much salary to demote him if he has options left.

I wish the MLBPA was weak enough that you could pay every major leaguer a 500,000 base salary and then add bonsues based on stats, and remove the options rules, such that any major leaguer no matter how green or veteran can be sent to the minors as discipline for behavior and don't get quickly tenured that there isn't much you can do about a problem athlete other than bench or release.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Well this is obviously taking it way too far. But a 99 MPH fastball in the ribs would suffice for sure. No one deserves it in the head, even ARod.

I don't think Derek Norris deserved two backswings from a smirking and non-remorseful Machado either, but that's what he got.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Let me preface this by saying that I don't intend it as a defense of Machado, but rather as a general statement. Pitchers need to quit taking more than one shot at a guy to whom they are trying to send a message. If you can't hit him the first time, that's on you. I'm tired of seeing these hacks going after guys multiple times. All it does is continue to escalate the situation instead of ending it.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Buck needs to sit this kid a couple days and some veteran in the O's clubhouse needs to get in his face

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
His antics were pretty awful but why the backswings? Seems those are the catchers fault for being to close. I wouldn't ask the catcher if he's okay. I'd want him to move the f back. If I'm in the batters box and can hit the catcher the catcher needs to move back.

Members online

Latest posts