Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So who is on your 2015 HOF ballot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Very loaded this year. I really hope 4 or 5 guys make it because it's the first time in my life I truly feel like 10 players could be justified in making the HOF. There were quite a few dull years in the HOF voting process.

I've taken guilty steroid players into account but since I can't vote for everyone, they are considered last. I would love to see Big Mac and Bonds in the HOF some day b/c I think they are huge part of baseball history in an era where 95% of players were juicing. They were the best of that era.

Anyway, here is my ballot in order of who I think deserves it more. My first 8 picks I think should be locks, but they aren't.

1. Randy Johnson
2. Pedro Martinez
3. Mike Piazza
4. John Smoltz
5. Curt Schilling
6. Mike Mussina
7. Jeff Bagwell
8. Craig Biggio
9. Barry Bonds
10. Mark McGwire

I think 5 get in this year. I really do. I see Unit, Pedro, Smoltz as locks and Biggio and Piazza squeaking in.

What would your ballot look like and who do you THINK gets in?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Very loaded this year. I really hope 4 or 5 guys make it because it's the first time in my life I truly feel like 10 players could be justified in making the HOF. There were quite a few dull years in the HOF voting process.

I've taken guilty steroid players into account but since I can't vote for everyone, they are considered last. I would love to see Big Mac and Bonds in the HOF some day b/c I think they are huge part of baseball history in an era where 95% of players were juicing. They were the best of that era.

Anyway, here is my ballot in order of who I think deserves it more. My first 8 picks I think should be locks, but they aren't.

1. Randy Johnson
2. Pedro Martinez
3. Mike Piazza
4. John Smoltz
5. Curt Schilling
6. Mike Mussina
7. Jeff Bagwell
8. Craig Biggio
9. Barry Bonds
10. Mark McGwire

I think 5 get in this year. I really do. I see Unit, Pedro, Smoltz as locks and Biggio and Piazza squeaking in.

What would your ballot look like and who do you THINK gets in?

I like most of the guys on your list but I still have a problem with Baggs and Mussina getting in. As for the steriods guys guys I would put them in but make them suffer by going thru veterans committee before they got in and they would have to have been ridiculously good, ala bonds and Clemens. Mac I'm on the fence on but he did play a huge role historically for baseball and Mac was one of my favorite players so I'm biased. I would also put palmiero in as you just cannot ignore the hitoric accomplishments of 3000 hits and 500 home runs.

Here is how I look at it and why I would omit Baggs and Mussina (I'm not saying they won't get it I'm say why I wouldn't put them in). I'll keep it simple:

Randy Johnson - enough said
Pedro Martinez - enough said
Mike Piazza - One of the best if not the best hitting Catcher of all-time ( I'm still partial to bench and Ivan Rodriguez)
Johns Smoltz- Those awsome Braves teams, 3000 strikeout
Curt Schilling - 3000 strikeouts, but most of all, one of the best post season pitchers off alltime. Bloody sock, lol.
Craig Biggio - 3000 hits whether or not people consider him compiler the fact that he stayed in baseball long enough for 3000 is a feat in itself, especially with free agency the way it is.
Bonds, McGwire, clemens, palmiero - veterans committee, these guy were either the best or reached historical numbers

Mussina/Baggs - what can I say? People look at war for these guys and my issue is, if I have to look deep into the numbers to make a case for a guy then to me not a hofer. The guys above we dint even have to do that and they are in (In my book anyways).

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Entering on this ballot -

Randy Johnson
Pedro Martinez
Craig Biggio

Those I hope to see make it in before their time is up -

M. Mussina
J. Smoltz
A. Trammell
T. Raines
F. McGriff
C. Delgado

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
Biggio, Bagwell, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, and Mussina should get in. Hard to leave out Piazza, but if Biggio had to wait, I don't have to hard of a time making anybody wait.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
You guys don't think Piazza is a first ballot HOFer? When all is said and done he'll be in the top 2 catchers of all-time. But then again I'm a Mets fan so that may be clouding my judgement.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
You guys don't think Piazza is a first ballot HOFer? When all is said and done he'll be in the top 2 catchers of all-time. But then again I'm a Mets fan so that may be clouding my judgement.

Took Joe D 3 years to get in. Which is crazy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

No, I do not think he is a 1st ballot HOF'er. No, he certainly is not a top 2 all-time catcher either. I would be surprised to see him in the HOF, as there are questions about his performance.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Took Joe D 3 years to get in. Which is crazy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Agreed, but I feel like you so rarely get such dominant catchers on the ballot I thought he had a good shot - guess we'll have to wait and see.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
No, I do not think he is a 1st ballot HOF'er. No, he certainly is not a top 2 all-time catcher either. I would be surprised to see him in the HOF, as there are questions about his performance.

Interesting, never heard of someone from this this perspective before. Who do you got ahead of him in terms of all-time greats as a catcher in terms of offensive production? I know defensively Piazza was certainly not a HOF defensive catcher but I don't think it's something that will knock him at all in terms of the voting.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Interesting, never heard of someone from this this perspective before. Who do you got ahead of him in terms of all-time greats as a catcher in terms of offensive production? I know defensively Piazza was certainly not a HOF defensive catcher but I don't think it's something that will knock him at all in terms of the voting.

If you want to look at just offensive production, then I would place him up there. The questions about his performance have to do with PED use and why I think he does not get voted in.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
If you want to look at just offensive production, then I would place him up there. The questions about his performance have to do with PED use and why I think he does not get voted in.

Is there anything credible regarding this? There are completely unsubstantiated rumors regarding Piazza's PED use, similar to Griffey Jr where the rumors are not substantiated by any positive tests whatsoever. I guess we'll have to see if that knocks him on the ballot but I think one would hope that the simple fact that he played during the "steroid era" does not hurt his chances. We'll have to see..

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Is there anything credible regarding this? There are completely unsubstantiated rumors regarding Piazza's PED use, similar to Griffey Jr where the rumors are not substantiated by any positive tests whatsoever. I guess we'll have to see if that knocks him on the ballot but I think one would hope that the simple fact that he played during the "steroid era" does not hurt his chances. We'll have to see..

http://www.metstoday.com/8374/12-13-offseason/mike-piazza-admits-peds-use/

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I think Johnson, Martinez, Smoltz all cruise in; Biggio will finish in the 77% range and squeak in. I think Piazza will have to wait until his 4th try next year.

Members online