Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How pathetic has baseball salaries become? Rick Porcello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Dude gets a 4 year, $82.5 million extension with a career 4.30 ERA over 180 starts.

Please spare me "potential" and "stuff" argument. Dude has played for a perennial playoff team his whole career...wasn't even a starter in the playoffs...

What...the...actual...****

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Dude gets a 4 year, $82.5 million extension with a career 4.30 ERA over 180 starts.

Please spare me "potential" and "stuff" argument. Dude has played for a perennial playoff team his whole career...wasn't even a starter in the playoffs...

What...the...actual...****

Baseball is a 6 billion dollar a year industry. It's called scale of economy. The people that line up for $8 hotdogs and $14 beers with a smile on there face keep showing up at the park. And those that don't come to a park watch their favorite teams on tv where their cable bill is ridiculously expensive. Unless you're a dodger fan living in LA. In that case you get to hear all about your teams fancy cable contract but you can't watch your favorite team on TV. Actually you're right none of it makes any sense. Carry on.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Who's Rick Porcello?

The guys who in his career will make more than all those who played in the 1800s-1900s-1910s-1920s-1930s-1940s-1950s and 1960s combined.

I don't know what the actual numbers are , but I bet it's not to far off and that's crazy/stupid

Ryan

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
that's crazy/stupid

Ryan

This x1000. Massive, Massive overpayment. This guy has been average or below average for his entire career. Now he will magically turn it all around and become a 20 million a year player? Yeah right....

Sure they have him when he's young but pitchers do not experience the same "prime" that hitters do in their upper 20's. Pitchers typically stay virtually consistent for their entire careers experiencing slight break outs or slight decreases. Not the break out seasons that we typically see from hitters.

Members online