Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
It's odd that the card is pictured on the pack/box though. Anyone know about these packs? Are they just random cards put in there in like a blister pack or something? Seems odd that they would put a big dollar card like the Ripken in

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's odd that the card is pictured on the pack/box though. Anyone know about these packs? Are they just random cards put in there in like a blister pack or something? Seems odd that they would put a big dollar card like the Ripken in

Yea, very odd. Price the pack at $9.99 but say there will be a card valued at $50 minimum in the pack? Little confused how this works...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Yea, very odd. Price the pack at $9.99 but say there will be a card valued at $50 minimum in the pack? Little confused how this works...

Not one card, but combined value of all cards will exceed Beckett value of $50, which usually translates to about $3-4 sell value on these.

Haven't seen any of those repacks in awhile around these parts. Sometimes they were good for old Pacific inserts. Cards come loose in a little white envelope, not packs. I got some interesting cards out of these, like All-Star game stamped cards, Pacific inserts, Pinnacle promos. Never anything as cool as that Ripken though - WINNER!

Last edited:

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
It's crazy to think that Ripken's been sitting there for almost 15 years in some random pack waiting to be resold to a big box store.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Not one card, but combined value of all cards will exceed Beckett value of $50, which usually translates to about $3-4 sell value on these.

Haven't seen any of those repacks in awhile around these parts. Sometimes they were good for old Pacific inserts. Cards come loose in a little white envelope, not packs. I got some interesting cards out of these, like All-Star game stamped cards, Pacific inserts, Pinnacle promos. Never anything as cool as that Ripken though - WINNER!

When I first started collecting again, I picked one of these up at Target. Everything I got was junk; lots of 1987 Topps All Star Sendaways, some Conlon Burgundy and Color cards, no cards that are listed in the monthly Beckett. SV of what I got was less than $10.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
When I first started collecting again, I picked one of these up at Target. Everything I got was junk; lots of 1987 Topps All Star Sendaways, some Conlon Burgundy and Color cards, no cards that are listed in the monthly Beckett. SV of what I got was less than $10.

I remember getting a lot of Pacific inserts and parallels as well (lots of McGwires, Nomars, Ozzie in particular), cards that still booked high but sold for much less. Made for good trade bait at the time but that Ripken is awesome

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Can anyone give some info and insight on the 1996 UD Series 2 Predictor club?
I assume you mean 1995:
via baseballcardpedia said:
This set is exclusive to retail packs. Cards R1-R30 were in Series One retail packs while R31-R60 were in Series Two.
Winning cards #R1, R10, R11, R20, R27 and R30 were all good for a Predictor League Leader Exchange set of cards #R1-R30. Card #R49 was the only winning Predictor card inserted into Series Two retail packs and was good for set #R31-R60. Because there was only one winning Series Two card, the Series Two Predictor League Leader Exchange set is one of the scarcest insert sets of the 1990s.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
um WOW... this is your second rainbow of the crusades? Damn...... you pick up a Jones collection from someone exiting or something? That's amazing

Didn't buy a collection...these were actually the only 6 cards I picked up. Interesting enough I had the purple graded before moving a while back...it's nice to see it return home.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Bam! Major steal!

1998 Bowman Chrome Gold 39 Mark Grace 50 Cubs | eBay

$(KGrHqJ,!k4FDjY8qZY5BQ9vOpvqvw~~60_57.JPG

Allows me to repay a favor to a very nice boardmember. This was the last Bowman card I needed for the Grace PC. Last year, [MENTION=3737]carrsallstars[/MENTION] sold it to me from his 98 Bowman Chrome master set collection. So now I can get his copy back to him. I'm so happy right now!

Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
My new scanner at work makes Diffractors look pretty cool

rustygreerfan-albums-diffractors-picture11303-mike-mussina-pattern-68.jpg

rustygreerfan-albums-diffractors-picture11304-frank-thomas-pattern-37.jpg

I used to collect Tim Salmon when I was a kid, so this was a fun pick up. I'm a little closer now to having a sheet full of Diamond Axis stars/semistars.

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-cards-picture11305-tim-salmon-diamond-axis.jpg

Members online