Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Ride me baby" chrome auto inscription

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So someone I know says he got this card from a pack today.

It's not serially numbered and the ink looks just like the auto.

Anyone else know about this?

Attachments

• 1385938309167.jpg
    1385938309167.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 319

WildGinge

Jan 25, 2013
Looks different ink to me and I'm no forensic handwritingologist but those Rs look markedly different too.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
And another one of these cards. I can tell you with in seconds one was signed with a sharpie and one signed with the pens topps use (for the sake of not handing a step by step on how to fake one I will leave it out). Not sure what ink you are looking at but its clear as day they are 2 different shades of blue ink. So as was the outcome last year this is someone up to no good as there is almost no chance of the card being pack pulled with that inscription. Now the question is where they trying to sell this to you? If so you may want to ask them why.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
He wasn't trying to sell it to me, just showed it to me at white plains show today.

I asked him a few times if it's real since we have joked about that fake "Twitter" card which surfaced at the national in the past.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I think there is only one true question remaining. Fake or not, is it a true ebay 1/1??

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Personally, I'm SHOCKED more fake inscriptions don't show up. For as many "fake patch" cards, you'd think there would be 100 fake inscription cards.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Personally, I'm SHOCKED more fake inscriptions don't show up. For as many "fake patch" cards, you'd think there would be 100 fake inscription cards.

---

Its not easy to add an inscription under an existing autogtaph. Most real inscriptions have the auto a bit smaller and higher to fit the inscription. It is much easier to tell a fake auto than a fake patch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-SP-Chi...1046937158?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20d70d7646

Notice the Ichiro auto is not centered like it would be if there was no inscr.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Its not easy to add an inscription under an existing autogtaph. Most real inscriptions have the auto a bit smaller and higher to fit the inscription. It is much easier to tell a fake auto than a fake patch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-SP-Chi...1046937158?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20d70d7646

Notice the Ichiro auto is not centered like it would be if there was no inscr.

I have never and would never do either but I have to believe it'd easier to fake an inscription, than fake a simple memo card into a patch card lol.

Maybe not, again never would or have done it but just have to believe I can write with a pen but not sure I'm creative enough to fake a patch. Maybe not. Maybe it's easy. Again, I have no idea on either.

---

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I have never and would never do either but I have to believe it'd easier to fake an inscription, than fake a simple memo card into a patch card lol.

Maybe not, again never would or have done it but just have to believe I can write with a pen but not sure I'm creative enough to fake a patch. Maybe not. Maybe it's easy. Again, I have no idea on either.

You can't add an inscription to a normal auto, you would have to wipe off the auto and resign it with the inscription. 99% of the time there is not much room for and inscription and when they are legit the auto is smaller to make room for the inscription. If you just added some words below or to the side of a regular auto that would look fake from a mile.
---

This is a perfect example of what i am saying. If you took the same (un-inscribed auto) and crammed the same words under a full size auto it would be very obvious.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Elite-...1185996936?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item27db7b0488
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-DONRUS...1336484225?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3f2cea2d81

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
same exact mistake made the dope made with the twitter card. Now we have a new bright one thinking this is "funny".

While I do not condone or agree with the practice, I am surprised this isn't more wide spread. People will do anything to try and maximize their money. Not just in the card world, but in general.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
While I do not condone or agree with the practice, I am surprised this isn't more wide spread. People will do anything to try and maximize their money. Not just in the card world, but in general.

I agree. And I would suspect in time this could worsen. Hopefully this is an isolated case, but why do I have a feeling this isnt the last time we will be speaking about this card?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

What I've been saying all along in this thread.

---

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
It's easier [maybe not for Topps but in general] to debunk a fake inscription or even contact the athlete through social media.

Maybe scams would happen more if the cards were supposed to be inscribed with some sort of notation.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
[MENTION=6581]BBCgalaxee[/MENTION] so how well do you know this guy? Did he sell it elsewhere?

Members online