Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it the Norm Around Here?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000Doubles

Oct 29, 2012
Illinois
Hello,

It looks like there has been a Trade Manager added to this site since I had previously been here. I have used it and it seems pretty straight forward. One question, after posting a sale, is there a certain amount of time waited before receiving payment. I have used other sites that do not have a TM and normally when paypal information is given a payment is received a short time afterwards. However, is there an expected amount of delay here. Also, just for my knowledge what are the consequences if someone does not fulfill an agreed upon trade.

Thank you

EDIT:

Bumping this old thread do to another delay in payment here.

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
there is no real stated time, however it's rude to keep someone waiting. People who agree to deals (swap addresses) and do not pay are subject to negative feedback being left. Get too many negs and you might get tossed.

2000Doubles

Oct 29, 2012
Illinois
So it has been 10 days since a trade was accepted. I have not received payment, PM was sent and not responded to. However, I have checked and the member has been active since PM was sent. What is my next course of action?

any help would be appreciated.

2000Doubles

Oct 29, 2012
Illinois
Once again I have a sale that has been posted and confirmed in the TM. The TM shows a date of 3/12, received no payment or communication until 3/19. On 3/19 the other party stated they were low on funds and sorry for the delay. Nothing in regards to when payment would be made, if payment is going to be made. I Pm'd back inquiring when payment would be made, have yet to get a response. However, it shows the person has been online and posting.

Was curious if this could be the reason why their is such slow traffic in the B/S/T. I post on other forums and have never had to wait this long for payment(unless it was communicated), here I am 2 for 2 on my last deals. I don't do highend and these are not large deals (around $20), would someone have some insight to what the deal is?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Once again I have a sale that has been posted and confirmed in the TM. The TM shows a date of 3/12, received no payment or communication until 3/19. On 3/19 the other party stated they were low on funds and sorry for the delay. Nothing in regards to when payment would be made, if payment is going to be made. I Pm'd back inquiring when payment would be made, have yet to get a response. However, it shows the person has been online and posting.

Was curious if this could be the reason why their is such slow traffic in the B/S/T. I post on other forums and have never had to wait this long for payment(unless it was communicated), here I am 2 for 2 on my last deals. I don't do highend and these are not large deals (around $20), would someone have some insight to what the deal is?

Sounds to me you have had a couple bad experiences, and perhaps trying to draw grand conclusions about the site as a whole over it.

Obviously if people are making deals then not holding up to their end then they need to be charged appropriately with a negative. Waiting a week or longer for payment on an agreed deal with zero communication is completely uncalled for. As far as I am concerned, you should not be making deals unless you are ready to comply right then, and at the very least if you know there is going to be some issues then they need to be communicated clearly. And I agree it is not far fetched to think it may have some barring on why FCB is slow with regards to B/S/T activity, but I do not think these specific issues you have had are a significant reason. In fact, FCB tends to be much less risky than most other sites I see, albeit also much slower.

At the end of the day, don't let these 2 bad situations, and apparently inept buyers, discourage you. Lots of good members here.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Actually a similiar thing happened to me, back before the transaction tracker came along. Myself and another FCB'er agreed on a package of cards I'd buy from him and the price. He said he just had to go to the PO to find out much shipping was going to be. A couple of days later he PM'ed me say the PO was closed due to a holiday when he went. That was the last I heard from him. I figured since no money or cards had yet been sent I'd just forget it.

It is discouraging though. I get that it's expensive and a hassle to ship to Canada, but don't just end the transaction without saying anything. "Sorry, I don't ship to Canada" would suffice. I've also had a couple of contest wins and a "free to a good home" thread claim that never came. Oh well.

- Rodrick

2000Doubles

Oct 29, 2012
Illinois
Sounds to me you have had a couple bad experiences, and perhaps trying to draw grand conclusions about the site as a whole over it.

Obviously if people are making deals then not holding up to their end then they need to be charged appropriately with a negative. Waiting a week or longer for payment on an agreed deal with zero communication is completely uncalled for. As far as I am concerned, you should not be making deals unless you are ready to comply right then, and at the very least if you know there is going to be some issues then they need to be communicated clearly. And I agree it is not far fetched to think it may have some barring on why FCB is slow with regards to B/S/T activity, but I do not think these specific issues you have had are a significant reason. In fact, FCB tends to be much less risky than most other sites I see, albeit also much slower.

At the end of the day, don't let these 2 bad situations, and apparently inept buyers, discourage you. Lots of good members here.

Bad experiences is a good way of putting it. I guess I was just surprised as to why you would commit to something you could not fulfill. I had good interactions when I first signed up and did a few deals but since coming back recently except for 1 simple code deal its been like pulling teeth. It's hard to not let this impact my perception, I still will continue to come here but this is just at the bottom of the list of sites as I will most likely continue to focus on the others. Hopefully, a renewed interest is found in the b/s/t, as the baseball section is always full of engaging conversations.

Post the user names please.

Public shaming works.

I wont post the first name, i have shared that information with you and have gotten payment since. Whatever you said to this member worked and I thank you for that. In this second occurrence, I hesitate to share the name as ideally I would still like to be paid. However, if you think this is the best approach here it is:

padresfan9

Actually a similiar thing happened to me, back before the transaction tracker came along. Myself and another FCB'er agreed on a package of cards I'd buy from him and the price. He said he just had to go to the PO to find out much shipping was going to be. A couple of days later he PM'ed me say the PO was closed due to a holiday when he went. That was the last I heard from him. I figured since no money or cards had yet been sent I'd just forget it.

It is discouraging though. I get that it's expensive and a hassle to ship to Canada, but don't just end the transaction without saying anything. "Sorry, I don't ship to Canada" would suffice. I've also had a couple of contest wins and a "free to a good home" thread claim that never came. Oh well.

- Rodrick

The funny thing is I have had similar things happen on different sites where you are far along in a trade and then the other person falls off the face of the earch. I just have never had someone say I will buy this, accept the trade, and receive paypal information and then just decide they will make payment next week without notice. I've done hundreds of sales online and like i said before its only happened twice, both here. I would have been okay with I will take it but can't pay until I get paid next friday. This is a hobby for me, I would have had no issues putting them aside until they were able to pay. A lack of communication at that point of the deal is ridiculous.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I have made a lot of deals on FCB and have never had a bad transaction. It has always been quick pay, quick ship all around.

2000Doubles

Oct 29, 2012
Illinois
I have made a lot of deals on FCB and have never had a bad transaction. It has always been quick pay, quick ship all around.

Thank you, that is good to know. I hope as someone said earlier these were just anomalies and will have straightforward deals going forward.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I have made many great deals on here, but have also had two instances recently where while trying to work out a trade, the other party just stopped communicating.

I don't quite understand why this happens, but I'm also not going to pester and beg to get a minor deal done.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
In this second occurrence, I hesitate to share the name as ideally I would still like to be paid. However, if you think this is the best approach here it is:

padresfan9
No surprise. The guy's new and kind of a tool. He's had a couple of run-ins on the baseball board, including yesterday in the Sano autograph thread. I think he's just an immature kid, or at least I hope he's a kid.

2000Doubles

Oct 29, 2012
Illinois
Well Public Shaming did not work, as I have not received payment or any type of response. How do I leave a negative? Do I just report the transaction through the TM?

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
YCbpzYV.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Well Public Shaming did not work, as I have not received payment or any type of response. How do I leave a negative? Do I just report the transaction through the TM?

You can leave feedback through his profile. You'll see a link when you're looking at his feedback. Also, please click the "report this trade" button in trade manager. I will PM [MENTION=11078]padresfan9[/MENTION] if you will PM me the details if the agreed upon deal.

Last edited:

Members online