Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper loses the Batting Title on the final day of the season.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Bryce Harper lost the batting title on the final day of the season to Dee Gordon.
Harper ended in a 3 for 22 slump and Gordon took advantage to win the batting title .333 to .330.

Harper also fell 1 rbi short of 100, but he tied Nolan Arenado for the NL lead in home runs with 42 and led the Majors in WAR.

Great season for Harper and he's the frontrunner for MVP since none of the playoff teams really have a candidate who compares to Harper's all-around dominance, other than pitchers like Arrieta, Greinke and Kershaw.

Nolan Arenado, by the way, led the NL in both home runs and rbi, and along with his incredible defense would have been a real MVP candidate had the Rockies been good. Then again, the Nationals weren't good either, but this was Harper's year as the game's biggest star, at least among hitters.

MVPs should be Harper in the NL, Josh Donaldson in the AL.

Last edited:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Bryce Harper lost the batting title on the final day of the season to Dee Gordon.
Harper ended in a 3 for 22 slump and Gordon took advantage to win the batting title .333 to .330.

Harper also fell 1 rbi short of 100, but he tied Nolan Arrenado for the NL lead in home runs with 42 and led the Majors in WAR.

Great season for Harper and he's the frontrunner for MVP since none of the playoff teams really have a candidate who compares to Harper's all-around dominance, other than pitchers like Arrieta, Greinke and Kershaw.

Nolan Arrenado, by the way, led the NL in both home runs and rbi, and along with his incredible defense would have been a real MVP candidate had the Rockies been good. Then again, the Nationals weren't good either, but this was Harper's year as the game's biggest star, at least among hitters.

MVPs should be Harper in the NL, Josh Donaldson in the AL.

Teams aside, why not Arenado?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Teams aside, why not Arenado?
I wouldn't complain. Arenado had 20 more rbi than anyone else in the NL. Everyone knows about his Gold Glove fielding, but he's such an underrated hitter. Being a Rockie also unfairly is a knock against him. It seems like a Rockie has to hit .370 with 50 home runs to even have a shot at MVP because voters assume their stats are inflated by Coors Field.

Another candidate (also from a non-playoff team) is Paul Goldschmidt, who hit .321 with 33 homers and was second with 110 rbi. He also had 21 steals.

But Harper just had all the hype most of the season and I think the voters will choose him despite the Nationals not making the playoffs.

Here's a surprising stat:

No player on an NL playoff team hit over .300!
I wonder if that's ever happened before.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/sort/avg/league/nl/year/2015/seasontype/2

Last edited:

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Wish Harper could have pulled it out, but congrats to Dee Gordon on an awesome season. His dad Flash must be proud. I agree with Harper and Donalson being MVP's. Cool NL .300 stat.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Lost the batting title on the last day? Only 99 RBI?

That's a clown season, bro.

j/k

Glad to see Dee Gordon win the batting title. I like Kendrick a lot, but I do miss Gordon and his speed. The guys we got for him have definitely helped, though.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
".....voters assume their stats are inflated by Coors Field."

Their assumption holds true for Arenado.....He's a significantly much better hitter at home. It's an eye opening comparison when you look at the numbers.

2013:
Home - .298 avg / .459 slg / .335 obp
Away - .238 avg / .352 slg / .267 obp

2014:
Home - .303 avg / .584 slg / .344 obp
Away - .269 avg / .403 slg / .310 obp

2015:
Home - .316 avg / .610 slg / .350 obp
Away - .258 avg / .539 slg / .296 obp

Sub .300 OBP on the road is so bad that it's alarming....

Members online

Latest posts