Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Mobile load to Flicker or Photobucket, copy the link, and paste it into the reply box.

If you have a USB, load all your scans/pictures there and go straight to FCB. No need to go to Photobucket or Flicker, really. Load all you scans to FCB Albums and copy and paste the link from there. Plus you don't have to worry about Flicker or Photobucket or whatever else out there going down for maintenance or whatever, you always have access to your scans as long as you have a working compute, internet or not.

Go to FCB albums and start loading. It's that easy....

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Hey I was actually a zero feedback bidder on the walker ha! I guess everyone starts somewhere. Just got back into the hobby after my dads passing and made an account here and on ebay. He left me some great 90s parallels (over 600 starting nines!) and dream of finishing that set some day

Once you get organized let us know what Starting 9s you need. We might be able to help. Also super curious what else your dad left you if the Starting 9s were only part of it!

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Welcome to the boards houstonreds. I'm always happy to see a new member join. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss but I'm very happy to hear about your new desire with your dad's collection. I hope my kids carry on my love for my collection simply because they know what it means to me. You should be proud.

Last edited:

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I am so sorry to hear that your father passed! That is probably the toughest thing each of us will likely undergo in our lifetimes.

Was your father by chance Joe C? I sold probably 3 dozen Starting 9's to a gentleman in the Cincy area back during the early 2000's, pretty sure that Griffey was one of them. It is worth a LOT more now than it was back then.

Funny, I knew a guy named Joe S. here in Houston with quite a '90s collection - including Starting 9s - as well as big collections of everything else as well. We used to purchase from the same shop and he helped me out quite a few times with my want lists. Haven't heard from him in nearly a decade though.

Dec 4, 2008
I am curious as to why he even posted it in the first place?

Earlier in the thread, we were talking about rare, desirable 1990s inserts. While some like and respect the Starting 9's I think Jeff mentioned that he didn't find them particularly attractive. I think his recent post here was referencing the prior post without denigrating the set. It came off as slightly cryptic but I think he was just trying to be nice and polite without insulting anyone. ;)

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Earlier in the thread, we were talking about rare, desirable 1990s inserts. While some like and respect the Starting 9's I think Jeff mentioned that he didn't find them particularly attractive. I think his recent post here was referencing the prior post without denigrating the set. It came off as slightly cryptic but I think he was just trying to be nice and polite without insulting anyone. ;)

Did we really need to know that he doesn't like the set?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Did we really need to know that he doesn't like the set?

Think you guys are reading too much into it. And sure, why not? I don't mind if someone says they don't like a particular set. I can even see his point. The Starting 9's are just a foil parallel of the base card, and most of the serial numbering was done poorly where one number is way off with the rest of the serial numbering. The cards themselves aren't special - just full bleed photos. That said, the Mark Grace Starting 9 is probably #1 on my want list right now and I'd love to own it.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Bought my 3rd one of these on COMC today, since it was priced right ($7). Pretty tough issue.

Mark-Grace.jpg

Members online

Latest posts