Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
As a former Beckett Marketplace Dealer I can definitely see how this was messed up by Beckett.

Dealers have a tool they can use where they can take inventory from Beckett and have it listed on eBay with the click of a button. The item titles always seemed to get messed up for me but you had the option to do some editing. I also had some pricing issues that I honored but they were never that big of a mess up.

So I don't know if Burbank is at fault or not but I can say I had a ton of issues while I was using the BCI tool on Beckett.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
This is a load of crap. I would honor every sale made and not b!tch out.

I remember one time I was at a show and I put out a $1 box without realizing that as I was leaving that morning I had put some nice stuff in that box thinking it was a different box. Long story short, the first person to go through bought 4 cards with about $50 sv each for $4. It was my mistake so I ate it. Sucks but deal with it.

It always seems to come back around anyway.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
If you want to be nice then take the refund. But if it were me i would stick to my guns and make them send you the card. Its not your fault they listed it incorrectly.

How would you make them Send you the card? Threaten to leave a neg? C'mon, they have plenty of feedback where a neg would mean nothing to new potential buyers.

Edited to add:

This doesn't seem different than a seller accidentally listing an item for a BIN of $0.99 when they meant to list it as an auction starting at $0.99.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd let it go. Not much you can do. Besides, you'll still get a $10 card for $1. But as far as Burbank goes, they are going above and beyond what most sellers would do. You'd figure they would eat it but sometimes you get sellers who try to make every single penny possible on even the smallest of items. This item, while worth more than a dollar, could be let go of relatively cheaply. I wouldn't find it odd if they had just offered it to you for the $10. It's not autod or gu or from a super heavily collected set.

Funny they brought up Beckett as last time I checked they don't price cards that low numbered due to scarcity. Do they even show a multiplier on this card?

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Once I tried to "make a guy send me a card". Instead of send me the card I won, this is what he did. lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
This is a load of crap. I would honor every sale made and not b!tch out.

I remember one time I was at a show and I put out a $1 box without realizing that as I was leaving that morning I had put some nice stuff in that box thinking it was a different box. Long story short, the first person to go through bought 4 cards with about $50 sv each for $4. It was my mistake so I ate it. Sucks but deal with it.

It always seems to come back around anyway.

I've had the same situation at Tristar where a seller had some good cards in his dollar box and when I went to buy a few he pulled them from me and said no way. I wanted them anyways so he was fair and gave me a significant deal. I also had to tell the guy to double check his box because what I pulled were cards I wanted but he had some more stuff in there I just didn't want but probably didn't belong.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
You are correct, I would not want to, but I would (and have) if I mis-list something.....

I agree with this statement. Ebay is always killing the little sellers & they would hold our feet to the fire over something like this. Plus who list an item at "book" value anymore anyway, not many especailly if they want it to sell. But I understand most people who are saying take the credit since you may not want to loss them as a resource in the future to buy from. Good luck either way.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I've now been firmly assimilated into the "take the hand-out" camp. You can't MAKE Burbank do anything, so you have two options: A) have $10 and no card (or some other card with the $10), or B) have no card, no $10, and a crappy story to tell people.

I would REALLY like to know what Burbank wants for that card though. Clearly, it's WAAAAY more than $10. Also, I find it odd that for a company that constantly gets complained about for not even knowing what card they are selling and can't be bothered to look up for you (and a myriad of other XXXXty customer service gripes), they certainly zero'd in on this card when it was going to cost THEM money.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I'd let it go. Not much you can do. Besides, you'll still get a $10 card for $1. But as far as Burbank goes, they are going above and beyond what most sellers would do. You'd figure they would eat it but sometimes you get sellers who try to make every single penny possible on even the smallest of items. This item, while worth more than a dollar, could be let go of relatively cheaply. I wouldn't find it odd if they had just offered it to you for the $10. It's not autod or gu or from a super heavily collected set.

Funny they brought up Beckett as last time I checked they don't price cards that low numbered due to scarcity. Do they even show a multiplier on this card?

This is probably the issue with the BCI that I mentioned above. If there is no BV Burbank assigned their own value on their Beckett store. The system did not make the switch and eBay requires a minimum of a $1 BIN.

I would assume that the BCI put the $1 in as a default

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Flip it around and see if they will honor your purchase with you giving them $10. I don't know the card in question, but maybe they could "meet in the middle" or something.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
How would you make them Send you the card? Threaten to leave a neg? C'mon, they have plenty of feedback where a neg would mean nothing to new potential buyers.

Edited to add:

This doesn't seem different than a seller accidentally listing an item for a BIN of $0.99 when they meant to list it as an auction starting at $0.99.

I know you cant make them send. What i meant was tell them you want the card. And i wouldnt threaten them at all. Request the card and if they dont send just leave the negative. But thats me because i dont care for Burbank. If its an obvious mistake like .99 instead of $99 or something i understand but seriously that pujols is probably only a $10 card. So i dont get the $10 credit. Just send the guy his card. I've made similar mistakes and even though its not my means for income i honored the sale because it was my mistake. Most businesses do the same thing.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Id negotiate with them a little. If they are willing to offer $10 maybe they'll do $20.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Lol, the entitlement attitude on here is hilarious. Someone always wants some thing for nothing.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com