Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Unfortunately, welcome to the new America. I want, I want, but I don't want to do anything for it

This is pretty much what the majority of people are saying in here. Burbank shouldn't sell you a card for one freaking dollar because their system messed up. They didn't even have to offer you the credit. Grow up.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Lol, the entitlement attitude on here is hilarious. Someone always wants some thing for nothing.

Yeah dude but then again, the seller messed up. I don't think that is an entitlement thing.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
In all honesty, what do you guys think this card is really worth on a good day? I paid $50 for a bagwell parallel of this set #'d to 5. And IMHO I way overpaid. So what's this card worth?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Sounds like their system messed up. A poster in this thread even explained how it could have happened since he also was a seller on the same Beckett site.

Not the buyers fault. The seller should still be keeping track of their items and with them listing through Beckett they are doing it at their own risk.

And by the way this has nothing to do with entitlement or getting something for nothing. Its more about honoring a sale and getting what was paid for. Any store would honor the price marked if it was incorrect.

Not a reply to Padres, just a general statement, the $10 credit for burbank is worthless as their $10 cards are all only worth $1 anyway. Thats why they offered it.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Not the buyers fault. The seller should still be keeping track of their items and with them listing through Beckett they are doing it at their own risk.

And by the way this has nothing to do with entitlement or getting something for nothing. Its more about honoring a sale and getting what was paid for. Any store would honor the price marked if it was incorrect.

Not a reply to Padres, just a general statement, the $10 credit for burbank is worthless as their $10 cards are all only worth $1 anyway. Thats why they offered it.

They have over a million cards. Kind of hard to keep track of so many cards. Beckett is pretty much their middle man. So if you gave someone (a middle man) a card to sale for 100 dollars and the middle man sold it for let's say five. You would honor it at 5 and lose out on 95 dollars? Doesn't make much sense and many people on here have no idea on how to run a business. There's a reason why Burbank is so successful even though many of their cards are over priced.

This has every thing to do with entitlement. It seems pretty obvious that the card seemed to good to be true for 1 dollar. You can't expect to get a rare Pujols card for 1 freaking dollar. Come on, common sense.

I wouldn't say a 10 dollar credit at Burbank is worthless. They hold many cards set and player collectors wish they had. The 10 dollar credit offer is more than generous. Some people can never be happy.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
They have over a million cards. Kind of hard to keep track of so many cards. Beckett is pretty much their middle man. So if you gave someone (a middle man) a card to sale for 100 dollars and the middle man sold it for let's say five. You would honor it at 5 and lose out on 95 dollars? Doesn't make much sense and many people on here have no idea on how to run a business. There's a reason why Burbank is so successful even though many of their cards are over priced.

This has every thing to do with entitlement. It seems pretty obvious that the card seemed to good to be true for 1 dollar. You can't expect to get a rare Pujols card for 1 freaking dollar. Come on, common sense.

I wouldn't say a 10 dollar credit at Burbank is worthless. They hold many cards set and player collectors wish they had. The 10 dollar credit offer is more than generous. Some people can never be happy.

LOL i knew the first response would be their large inventory. If they cant handle that volume of inventory than they need to cut back. You cant compare Beckett to a middle man like that. They listed their inventory on Beckett and instead of relisting everything manually on Ebay, Beckett offers an upload feature. Please correct me if im mistaken on that. Plus if they made sure their prices were correct in Beckett first it wouldnt have been an issue. And the reason Burbank is successful is because they have cards that are rare or that dont show up often. That is it.

And the card was not too good to be true. It was a deal, but by no means a steal. And as you said Burbank is very successful so what would be so difficult for them to do the right thing? It looks very petty of a business of their size and stature in our industry to make such a petty request over a low valued card.

I hate they overprice their cards, but i dislike them for their piss poor customer service. There have been countless complaints about them since i started reading online forums.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Lol, the entitlement attitude on here is hilarious. Someone always wants some thing for nothing.

It doesnt matter if their system screwed up. The buyer bought the cards so he is entitled to it. If the business knows they screwed up then they are entitled to make the transaction correct. This isn't looking for something for free since a transaction has already taken place.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
They have over a million cards. Kind of hard to keep track of so many cards.

I always ASSumed those overinflated prices were to create margin to pay an employee to list, update pricing and check for pricing errors. I didn't know they half-***ed things by outsourcing listing/pricing to beckett.

Do they even sell any singles for $10 or less to make a credit useful?

I'm almost be tempted to take refund and neg them for a supposed error.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I kind of feel like if the seller was not Burbank, more people would say to let it go. I think the $10 offer is a pretty solid one.

Which isn't that really a $1 offer with Burbank :lol:

IMO, Burbank needs to send the card. I've listed the wrong price before and shipped out. In fact, I meant to list a card for $999.99 one time and listed it for $99.99. The card last 10 seconds. I contacted the buyer to say congrats and told him I would be shipping anyway and he said "you can have it back for $250." :lol: It sucks, but it was no one's mistake but Burbank's. They should send the card. (And this has nothing to do with it being Burbank. I actually admire Burbank's business model).

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
In all honesty, what do you guys think this card is really worth on a good day? I paid $50 for a bagwell parallel of this set #'d to 5. And IMHO I way overpaid. So what's this card worth?

Burbank's listing will be around that price or a little more. I would've put it in my store for $39.99 or BO.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
If they rely on Beckett to list their cards and Beckett listed them incorrectly, I don't see how that is the buyer's fault. Burbank should be sending the card to the buyer and BECKETT should be eating the loss for being the one who actually screwed up.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Some of you may not agree with this but here is my reply:

"Your listing states "Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing." I held up my end of the deal (by winning and paying for the 2004 Donruss Power Alley Die Cut Purple /25 Albert Pujols) and you should too.
"

After thinking about it, it is not that big of a deal after all. If Burbank sends it to me that would be great. If not, they will refund my $3 and probably jack the price of the card to $55.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
[MENTION=6726]PadresFan86[/MENTION] if you give a middle man something to sell for $100 and he sells it for $5 you eat the mistake and cut out the middle man. That is how it should work anyway. Also if they can not handle their million card inventory maybe they should hire more workers or scale back their operation. Also i would guess that this $14 loss (I am valuing the card at $15 as that is what I would pay) will not hurt them in the grand scheme of things if it does they can raise the price of some cards likely to sell as a loss recovery. If they list a $50 card for $65 chances are the BIN will be hit and they have recovered their losses. In my opinion.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Last edited:

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I guess they should manually list millions of cards and hire more people to do it instead of using a program to list them faster and give away cards for free. You guys would bankrupt a business like Burbank if you were in charge. I bet half of you collect welfare too. Threads like these disgust me.

Members online

Latest posts