Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mickey Mantle We even love him in the South

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
Here is my Mantle Collection. One of the few Yankees we tolerate in Texas.

Attachments

• mantle1.jpg
    mantle1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 40
  • mantle2.jpg
    mantle2.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 37
  • mantle3.jpg
    mantle3.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 34
  • mantle4.jpg
    mantle4.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 38
  • mantle5.jpg
    mantle5.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 36
  • mantle6.jpg
    mantle6.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 35
  • mantle7.jpg
    mantle7.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 35
  • mantle8.jpg
    mantle8.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 37
  • mantle9.jpg
    mantle9.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 35

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Here is my Mantle Collection. One of the few Yankees we tolerate in Texas.

Sounds like he should be loved in the South - born in Oklahoma, died in Texas. Doesn't sound like there is much about Mantle that needs to be "tolerated".

Of course I realize some Texans can hate him because he has Oklahoma blood. ;)

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice run of the Mick, although you are missing my personal favorite, the 1956 Topps. I also really liked the 1967 Topps that you are still missing, even though it was not the best image. I am jealous of that 61 T auto as well. 61 is a nice clean set and look great signed.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
Nice run of the Mick, although you are missing my personal favorite, the 1956 Topps. I also really liked the 1967 Topps that you are still missing, even though it was not the best image. I am jealous of that 61 T auto as well. 61 is a nice clean set and look great signed.

Thanks. For some reason my dad could never keep a 56 65 or 67 of Mantle in stock. As soon as he had one. Poof, it was gone. This was pre EBay.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sounds like he should be loved in the South - born in Oklahoma, died in Texas. Doesn't sound like there is much about Mantle that needs to be "tolerated".
Yeah, Mantle was a lifelong Southerner. He moved from Oklahoma to Dallas in 1956, where he lived the rest of his life.
He also had a second home in Georgia in the '90s to be with his agent/mistress the last few years of his life.

I lived in Dallas for more than 30 years and the city loved him. His whole family, wife and four sons, lived there.
Mantle made public appearances all the time in Dallas and was considered a hometown hero, despite being a Yankee.

Oh, and Laxcat, awesome Mantle collection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts