Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Amazing 90s/2000s insert topic - football time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I purchased a group lot of boxes. Still sorting through the football but it included lots of these shiny cards. If you need to complete any sets, subsets from 1993 to 2005, hit me up. Here are some of my cards:

There are a variety of Hershal Walker, Emmitt Smith, Drew Bledsoe, Dion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and many rookies. There is Topps, Fleer, Flair, Playoff, Upper Deck, Crown Royale and Collectors Edge. Lots of Detroit Lions and Buffalo Bills for some reason.

Still have any Emmitt's?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
So now that COMC has opened up their archives, we can painfully review what cards we've missed. I checked out the Reserve Collections since I'm working on the set, and was pretty surprised how few have made it to COMC over the past four or five years - however long COMC has been around.

The set is 330 cards, but only 18 cards have surfaced! Talk about tough! And no superstar cards. Check out this list:

Shannon Sharpe
Troy Vincent
Craig Erickson
Daryl Gardener
Kevin Hardy
John Mobley
Jimmy Smith
Jerome Woods
Garrison Hearst
Steve Atwater
Herschel Walker
Orlando Pace RC
Warrick Dunn RC x2
Ike Hilliard RC
Corey Dillon RC
Tony Gonzalez RC
James Farrior RC
Sedrick Shaw RC

This set has a ton of superstars - some have as many as three cards if you include The Big Play subset and checklists. Man, I wish I could get my hands on a random lot of Reserve Collections!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So now that COMC has opened up their archives, we can painfully review what cards we've missed. I checked out the Reserve Collections since I'm working on the set, and was pretty surprised how few have made it to COMC over the past four or five years - however long COMC has been around.

The set is 330 cards, but only 18 cards have surfaced! Talk about tough! And no superstar cards. Check out this list:

Shannon Sharpe
Troy Vincent
Craig Erickson
Daryl Gardener
Kevin Hardy
John Mobley
Jimmy Smith
Jerome Woods
Garrison Hearst
Steve Atwater
Herschel Walker
Orlando Pace RC
Warrick Dunn RC x2
Ike Hilliard RC
Corey Dillon RC
Tony Gonzalez RC
James Farrior RC
Sedrick Shaw RC

This set has a ton of superstars - some have as many as three cards if you include The Big Play subset and checklists. Man, I wish I could get my hands on a random lot of Reserve Collections!

Wow , that's very surprising ! And just saw you Jake Reed post at .12/dlvd , did you PayPal that ? That's a hard way to do business for the seller ;)

Ryan

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yeah, PayPal'd the 12 cents. Should I have offered to pay some other way? Crazy win, huh?

And it's no wonder that Brunell supercollector jaderock needs both Brunells from the Reserve Collection. NOBODY must have opened that product.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah, PayPal'd the 12 cents. Should I have offered to pay some other way? Crazy win, huh?

And it's no wonder that Brunell supercollector jaderock needs both Brunells from the Reserve Collection. NOBODY must have opened that product.

No no , PP woulda been the way to go , just the seller took another hit , it adds to the story though ;)

Def tough on the Reserves. Between the ones on COMC , ones you have , and ones you have seen on eBay , how many do you think you can account for ?

Ryan

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
For football, very few. For awhile jaderock had bought up a bunch of boxes and shredded them. He never did find a Brunell. He sold the Derrick Thomas for about $125, so when he found a non-glossy variation Derrick Thomas he put it up for $250 or something (still is on ebay). For the longest time I thought about buying up his Emmitt Smith The Big Play for $80, but I didn't pull the trigger before it was gone. It's the only The Big Play Reserve Collection I've seen, if I recall. I have seen one of the checklists - I picked up the Elway and posted it earlier in this thread.

For some reason I see the rookies a lot more than the rest of the set. I don't know if that's because everyone was rookie crazed and held onto all rookies, or if maybe there was unequal distribution. But you would think that the same would have applied to stars. That's exactly what happened in the baseball Hobby Reserve is that you see most stars pop up from time to time, but you rarely see the Joe Schmoes.

But this is one of those sets that will never be worth much. There is too much confusion surrounding it and it will never be recognized for its rarity. At least it's less confusing than baseball where most Reserve Collection cards you see aren't Reserve Collection at all, but are just base Hobby Reserve.

HToutlaws

May 15, 2009
Here is my latest contribution to this thread....

1998 Topps Stars Galaxy Gold Rainbow #G2 1/5

So this sucker is really rare?

1997 Score Reserve Collection #8

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Here is my latest contribution to this thread....

1998 Topps Stars Galaxy Gold Rainbow #G2 1/5

So this sucker is really rare?

1997 Score Reserve Collection #8

Forget the Reserve Collection... that Gold Rainbow! :eek: I think it was a bargain at what you paid. One of the rarest pack-pulled cards out there and a BGS 9.5 to boot?!

HToutlaws

May 15, 2009
This card took me a long time to find...

1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars Extreme Measures Die Cuts #1 66/1000 (82 Print Run)

HToutlaws

May 15, 2009
I bought about 15 cards in 6 months. Now I have bought 30 in three weeks. LOL!
Here are a few more...

1997 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection #A20 23/100

1998 Playoff Momentum Headliners Red #R3

1998 Playoff Momentum NFL Rivals Silver #R3

1999 Donruss Stat Line Career #43 12/99

1999 Finest Gold Refractors #80 80/100

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
A few pickups I plan on keeping. Just think the pieces and assortment on them were great.

Ryan

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1408491930.655760.jpg
Jersey , Pants , Shoe /15

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1408492000.073647.jpg
Helmet , Jersey Number , Jersey Patch , Pants /10

srt4eh

Apr 22, 2011
9bdb1e0891997e1da9ef6a253e63cb0c.jpg

HToutlaws

May 15, 2009
I'm not sure where these came from....but bought a 2 card promo package with a Elway Sunday's best promo.
These are tough to locate...

1998 Pinnacle Plus Go To Guys Promos #6

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Some recent COMC PC grabs. Picked up a ton of low numbered stuff but most will be flipped. These are locked up/on the way to being locked up :)
Robert-Smith.jpg
Robert-Smith.jpg

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Houtlaws - that Barry was well worth $400...great pickup.
I totally forgot about this thread - been picking up a lot of goodies the last few months.
Favre:
2000 E-xception Blue /100
1999 PMG /50
1998 Skybox Rubies /50
2000 Skybox Rubies /50

Champ
'99 Ultra Platinum /65
'99 Credentials #1 /21
'99 Skybox Rubies /35
'99 Autographics /50

Moss (not everything but a good chunk):
1999 Topps Gold Label Class 1 /25
1999 Topps Gold Label Class 2 /50
1999 Topps Gold Label Class 3 /100
1999 Topps Gold Label Race to Rice /80

Other randoms (way too many to post all the info). All non-rc, non-autos are numbered I think (most to 50 or less)

Woodson
UD Encore /125
UD Bronze /100
Topps Stars /99
Bowman Chrome 50th Anniversary Gold Ref /50
Bowman 50th Anniversary Gold /50
Fleer Tradition /125
Skybox Rave /150
UD Black Quad Diamond /100
UD Prime Choice Reserve /100
'99 Platinum /100
SPX Radiance /50