Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, the 5th best QB in the NFL is:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm pretty sure most NFL fans would agree on who the 4 best QBs in the League are, but who's #5 ?

So, after Brady, Brees, Manning and Rodgers, who's the next best QB?

I'd probably go with Luck, but Wilson is close.

And IF Foles has a repeat of last year, he's got an argument. But so does RG3 if he returns to form and as does Cam if he wins with that WR pool. "Big Ben" and Romo are in my Top 10, but #5 seems a little too high. Plus, Stafford and Ryan could both throw for 40 TDs.

Just wondering what you guys think...

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Right now, it's Luck. Wilson is close but he doesn't always make the throws to be that #5 QB. I'd even argue that Romo and Big Ben could be in the argument for that #5 spot. It's easier to do a Top 10 list for sure.

In my Top 10 - in no particular order would be Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, and Colin Kaepernick.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Right now, it's Luck. Wilson is close but he doesn't always make the throws to be that #5 QB. I'd even argue that Romo and Big Ben could be in the argument for that #5 spot. It's easier to do a Top 10 list for sure.

In my Top 10 - in no particular order would be Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, and Colin Kaepernick.

I'd only disagree with Romo. Nick Foles and his 27 TD/2 INT season earns him a top 10 spot in my opinion.

Dpendola

Apr 16, 2013
It should go like this

Peyton Manning
Drew Breese
Tom Brady
Matthew Stafford
Andrew Luck

After last nights display why would anybody think Rodgers is a top 5 QB?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
It should go like this

Peyton Manning
Drew Breese
Tom Brady
Matthew Stafford
Andrew Luck

That's the same defense that made the best QB in the history of the game look bad in the Super Bowl.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I'd only disagree with Romo. Nick Foles and his 27 TD/2 INT season earns him a top 10 spot in my opinion.

I always feel like Romo gets the shaft in a lot of these lists, but I think he's a good QB. Foles is good too, but he hasn't quite proven himself to me yet. We'll see. It's always a bit of fluctuation in my opinion who the top 10 are.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN

I would go with Matt Stafford before Roethlisberger, Ryan, Wilson, Romo and Kaepernick

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I always feel like Romo gets the shaft in a lot of these lists, but I think he's a good QB. Foles is good too, but he hasn't quite proven himself to me yet. We'll see. It's always a bit of fluctuation in my opinion who the top 10 are.

My perception of Romo seems to be way off, but I don't think I'm alone. He has the 4th highest career passer rating of all active QBs. (Need 1500 attempts to qualify)

1)104.7 Aaron Rodgers (yes, he is still Top 4 after one bad game)
2) 97.2 Manning
3) 96.0 Phillip Rivers
4) 95.8 Tony Romo
5) 95.7 Brady
6) 95.3 Brees
7) 92.6 Roethlisberger
8) 90.6 Matt Ryan

Others of interest
14) 83.7 Flacco
15) 83.1 Stafford
18) 81.2 Eli Manning

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
My perception of Romo seems to be way off, but I don't think I'm alone. He has the 4th highest career passer rating of all active QBs. (Need 1500 attempts to qualify)

1)104.7 Aaron Rodgers (yes, he is still Top 4 after one bad game)
2) 97.2 Manning
3) 96.0 Phillip Rivers
4) 95.8 Tony Romo
5) 95.7 Brady
6) 95.3 Brees
7) 92.6 Roethlisberger
8) 90.6 Matt Ryan

Others of interest
14) 83.7 Flacco
15) 83.1 Stafford
18) 81.2 Eli Manning

Your perception of Romo is probably close to my perception of Phillip Rivers. ;) But yes, that list supports part of my thought process of Top 10 QB's at least.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Your perception of Romo is probably close to my perception of Phillip Rivers. ;) But yes, that list supports part of my thought process of Top 10 QB's at least.

Losing big games will do that.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
It should go like this

Peyton Manning
Drew Breese
Tom Brady
Matthew Stafford
Andrew Luck

:lol:
Come back in 4 weeks and make the same argument
If you honestly think that because he went up against the best defense and got shutdown hes not a top 5?
That must mean Manning isnt a HOFer due to his Super Bowl fail last year against this same team

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Come back in 4 weeks and make the same argument
If you honestly think that because he went up against the best defense and got shutdown hes not a top 5?
That must mean Manning isnt a HOFer due to his Super Bowl fail last year against this same team

Totally Agree - Top 5 should be Manning, Brees, Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck - it can be in any order but there's no way Stafford is on that list.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Flacco and Big Ben are not in my top 10. No offense Andrew but Flacco is highly overrated.

Top 10 in no specific order
1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Newton
6. Stafford
7. Luck
8. Ryan
9. Romo
10. Wilson

I've got Flacco and Ben sitting in the 15-20 range

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Its not all about individual stats. Look at wins his 1st 5 seasons. That's 5 years making the playoffs and winning One Superbowl.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Flacco and Big Ben are not in my top 10. No offense Andrew but Flacco is highly overrated.

Top 10 in no specific order
1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Newton
6. Stafford
7. Luck
8. Ryan
9. Romo
10. Wilson

I've got Flacco and Ben sitting in the 15-20 range

No way that Cam Newton and Stafford are ahead of Luck, Ryan, Romo, and Wilson. I'd argue that Flacco and Big Ben are either at the end of the Top 10 or in the 10-15 range.