Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Khris Davis Traded to the A's For Jacob Nottingham & Bubba Derby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Nottingham was a great get for the Brewers - wonder why the A's didn't give him a chance after acquiring him from the Astros.

Kudos to Stearns - not only did they get the catcher their farm system desperately needed, this could potentially give Brett Phillips an opening later this year. He's continuing to improve their system, and this is what I like to see. :)

Oakland Athletics ‏@Athletics
The A’s have acquired OF Khris Davis from the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for RHP Bubby Derby and C Jacob Nottingham.

[MENTION=2016]hive17[/MENTION]

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I once went to a Booby Derby at a gentleman's club.

The winner by a nipple was "Lexa Wyde Ohpin"

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Bad trade for the A's, Davis is nothing more than a 4th OFer with some pop. Nottingham I think will be a very solid all around player, and will have a ton of value if he does stick at catcher. Well I guess Oakland gets a short term need (OF power) but Oakland won't even be competitive for a few more years anyway IMO so it's kind of a wasteful trade.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
"Krush" Davis April 6-July 31 (63 gms) : .236/.323/.424 7 HR
"Krush" Davis August 1 - Oct 4th (58 gms) : .259/.323/.582 20 HR

I guess he lived up to his name the last couple of months

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The real move in getting Nottingham is that Lucroy becomes even more expendable. It's no secret that the second Lucroy gets slightly hot, "HE GONE!" This move makes it even more likely.

Sterns is following the Theo handbook and tracking down guys he once had and clearly wants back.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
The real move in getting Nottingham is that Lucroy becomes even more expendable. It's no secret that the second Lucroy gets slightly hot, "HE GONE!" This move makes it even more likely.

Sterns is following the Theo handbook and tracking down guys he once had and clearly wants back.
Realistically Hive, if the Brewers did trade Lucroy this offseason (or pre trade-deadline).....what kind of package would you want in return?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Realistically Hive, if the Brewers did trade Lucroy this offseason (or pre trade-deadline).....what kind of package would you want in return?

Top 10 bat and projectable pitching from any of the top 10 farm systems, or top 3 prospect from any other system and young talent (rookie ball guys). Obviously that's not an airtight formula, but I'm not asking for Mazara, Devers or Seager, but I also wouldn't expect St. Louis to give up Reyes. A trade with Houston makes the most sense.

If we have to take MLB talent, I want good, still projectable, pitching.

Lastly, another stud catching prospect from a team that won't need him if they can sign Lucroy, would be great, but the minors are pretty weak at catcher it seems.

Members online

Latest posts