Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Since the vote is over and I am getting to the party late, I thought I would comment on this. Aaron won anyway, but it makes you wonder if he won because of his playing status. Here a voter clearly seems to like the Snider better, but states because Aaron was more "legendary", he gives the nod to Aaron. Fordman, nothing against you personally here, just using your vote as an example. It just struck me as a perfect reason why I have never cared for "popular" votes on these boards (best card, enough content to be considered a super collector, etc.).

For the record, both are nice cards for what they are, custom cut displays. Neither dazzled me for a design, so i could see going either way on the vote.

Im going the the Aaron only because of his legendary status withing MLB. The Snider card is more eye appealing overall but the early Hank auto stands tall over the Snider.

Aaron it is for me!

Fordman

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I go with the Slaughter, grammatical error and all, by a hair. I'd like to know what tools Mr. Breslove brings to the game (on the back of the card, under the 1/1). It's a top notch card, that just throws me off a bit. And for me, to be thrown off, isn't any good for any party involved.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I was going to vote for the Slaughter because it's a nicely executed card, but then I caught the grammatical error on it and that drives me crazy, because it's the only thing I see on the card from there on out. So I'll cast my vote for mrmet.

It is the rare error version and it is likely the only one to have made it into a collectors hands, the market is flooded with the corrected version

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm going with the Slaughter on this one. Awesome color tone, awesome photo and a great custom showing off the full cut signature. I really like Mr. Mets custom as it is a neat throwback design but I definitely favor Slaughter as a player more so (no offense dude!). Nice pic signing the sleeve, looks cool.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Ah, I got Slaughter'ed....I've been waiting to use that pun...

Scott, you fought a valiant fight. In the end, it took a nice looking cut auto of a legend to take you down!

giphy.gif

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK...here we go. This is the new bracket:

attachment.php

Man, I love these two cards...

We have a truly unique relic
attachment.php

and a "she may be a General to you, but she'll always be a Princess to me" (from the latest movie)
attachment.php

Voting is open until 11 PM on 16-Jul-16

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 90
  • U L Washington Rookie - Sized.jpg
    U L Washington Rookie - Sized.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 91
  • michaelstepper - Sized.jpg
    michaelstepper - Sized.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 88