Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Product removes Sharpie sigs from memorabilia items

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
Sometimes the ink smudges. Sometimes you decide you’d rather have it signed by someone else. Sometimes the autograph is so bad you just want to start over. But what do you do when a Sharpie autograph is already splashed all over your photo, baseball card or other glossy item?
It may not be hopeless.
The Prismacolor Colorless Two Tip Blender Pen (available on eBay) is a colorless pen used to blend colors by crafters and artists. However, it can be used to easily remove Sharpie ink from any glossy surface…if you’re careful.
It doesn’t work on everything, but if you’re into autographs, some people have been touting its effectiveness.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Sometimes the ink smudges. Sometimes you decide you’d rather have it signed by someone else. Sometimes the autograph is so bad you just want to start over. But what do you do when a Sharpie autograph is already splashed all over your photo, baseball card or other glossy item?
It may not be hopeless.
The Prismacolor Colorless Two Tip Blender Pen (available on eBay) is a colorless pen used to blend colors by crafters and artists. However, it can be used to easily remove Sharpie ink from any glossy surface…if you’re careful.
It doesn’t work on everything, but if you’re into autographs, some people have been touting its effectiveness.

Let's see it work on a white football helmet w/ blue sharpie and I'll be a buyer. Cause the goof off didn't do such a hot job!

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
If it's a glossy item, tracing the imperfection with a dry erase marker and then wiping off works great too.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
If it's a glossy item, tracing the imperfection with a dry erase marker and then wiping off works great too.

Yup used by all the sleazy IP collectors who lie when they beg for a free autograph! Hey its for me please personalize it, then they go home and erase it and then list in on ebay with 25 forgeries with one "proof" shot.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
It's a pain in the ass to use, especially when it works on the same stuff dry erase markers do

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yup used by all the sleazy IP collectors who lie when they beg for a free autograph! Hey its for me please personalize it, then they go home and erase it and then list in on ebay with 25 forgeries with one "proof" shot.

Nah, it happens to collectors too. Especially if it's a rush job, it's not uncommon for it to get smeared. I've never taken a personalization off an item but know people who do. To each their own. It doesn't bug me. My problem was I was trying to remove a smiley face and it just became faded instead of coming off all the way. I don't want smiley faces on my helmet or anything for that matter.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012

That's a pretty untrue generalization about IP collectors. I'll give you that some of them do use it to take a personalizations off, however, a lot use it if the signature bubbles or doesn't turn out right, or it was signed on a dark spot on the photo. There's lots of honest, realistic reasons to need to use do this. They'll remove it and get it signed again so it looks better.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
That's a pretty untrue generalization about IP collectors. I'll give you that some of them do use it to take a personalizations off, however, a lot use it if the signature bubbles or doesn't turn out right, or it was signed on a dark spot on the photo. There's lots of honest, realistic reasons to need to use do this. They'll remove it and get it signed again so it looks better.

I couldn't tell you how many "How can I remove inscriptions so I can maximize value topics" I have seen where this has been brought up. Yet I dont ever recall seeing a "my Jeter autograph is bubbled how do I remove it so I can get it resigned". So I think its a bit more true than you think.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I couldn't tell you how many "How can I remove inscriptions so I can maximize value topics" I have seen where this has been brought up. Yet I dont ever recall seeing a "my Jeter autograph is bubbled how do I remove it so I can get it resigned". So I think its a bit more true than you think.

I'd never even ask here anyways. I'd probably get an answer that was more directed by hatred towards IP collectors.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I'd never even ask here anyways. I'd probably get an answer that was more directed by hatred towards IP collectors.

Has nothing to do with IP collectors. Has everything to do with ip hounds who think its cool to sell (or trade) off their beggars gold for other items. There is a big difference. A collector enjoys it, a hound is thinking what they can get for it as the ink is drying.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I get what you're saying. It's just that a lot of folks seem to think they are the same and it's not true and I get tired of it. Hell...most of the athletes think the same thing and that does bug me a lot. I like to thank the guy and let him know I appreciate him taking the time. Not have him sign an item with a suspicious look on his face because he thinks I'll sell it. Or mess it up on purpose because he thinks I'll sell it. Or flat out refuse to sign my item because he thinks I'll sell it. That stuff gets old quick!

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Has nothing to do with IP collectors. Has everything to do with ip hounds who think its cool to sell (or trade) off their beggars gold for other items. There is a big difference. A collector enjoys it, a hound is thinking what they can get for it as the ink is drying.
I'm sure you turn down a lot of autograph requests.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I get what you're saying. It's just that a lot of folks seem to think they are the same and it's not true and I get tired of it. Hell...most of the athletes think the same thing and that does bug me a lot. I like to thank the guy and let him know I appreciate him taking the time. Not have him sign an item with a suspicious look on his face because he thinks I'll sell it. Or mess it up on purpose because he thinks I'll sell it. Or flat out refuse to sign my item because he thinks I'll sell it. That stuff gets old quick!

I could imagine. The best tactic I seen thus far was a collector pointing out all the dealers to the celebrities, the celebs walk right past them and the collectors are taken care of. Do a few squeak by, sure. But it sure does slow them down while taking care of who needs to be taken care of.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
That's good. At least signed memorabilia doesn't ever get into fans' hands. Out of curiousity, who records on your label?

At this point its simple to tell who the fans are and who the beggars are. Its not like they hide the fact or are even embarrassed at the fact. Besides thats not even what i said, but to be honest its not far from the truth you know why? The hounds have brought it to this. Not the collectors or the celebrities.

And the label I currently work for is Warner music group.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
At this point its simple to tell who the fans are and who the beggars are. Its not like they hide the fact or are even embarrassed at the fact. Besides thats not even what i said, but to be honest its not far from the truth you know why? The hounds have brought it to this. Not the collectors or the celebrities.

And the label I currently work for is Warner music group.
Who specifically do you work with, though, that you were referencing?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Who specifically do you work with, though, that you were referencing?

I work in marketing so almost any band on the lineup for the past 6 years for the most part, and a few years before that the now defunct Maverick records. I mean if I sat here and listed every band I ever worked with in some aspect the list would be quite long. But to be clear I am not sure who you think I am referencing. I have looked over every post of mine above and all I see is what I said, not what bands I have worked with said.

Members online