Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ken Giles & Jon. Arauz traded to Astros for Appel, Velasquez, Oberholtzer, Eshelman & H.Arauz !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Getting a potential middle of the rotation starter and 3 other players for a potential closer is a good trade.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

hey, they can all pan out and help them win. i'm just a proven player vs. prospect believer for a team aiming for the playoffs.

just another element that makes baseball a great game. hell...i like the Phillies.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Giles is a stud. But I love this trade. As Tim said, the Phillies are a few years away from being competitive and Giles was a luxury for this team. After the Kimbrel trade went down the market was set and I think the Phillies saw that as a big flashing "Sell, Sell, Sell" sign. Right now the Phillies are hoarding potential pieces and I like the haul they got here.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm kinda bummed we let Velasquez go. I enjoyed watching him here. We re-signed Sipp and honestly, I see his stats but he makes me cringe. I'd feel better if we got him out the door.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Giles is a stud. But I love this trade. As Tim said, the Phillies are a few years away from being competitive and Giles was a luxury for this team. After the Kimbrel trade went down the market was set and I think the Phillies saw that as a big flashing "Sell, Sell, Sell" sign. Right now the Phillies are hoarding potential pieces and I like the haul they got here.

He lives! Long time no see Jim, hope everything is well with you and family.

Yeah it seems like a mutual win for both teams. Houston is going to be loaded for bear in 2016.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I'm kinda bummed we let Velasquez go. I enjoyed watching him here. We re-signed Sipp and honestly, I see his stats but he makes me cringe. I'd feel better if we got him out the door.

I feel like you've mixed up Velasquez and Sipp. Velasquez was hit or miss this season. For the most part, Sipp was solid. I can only think of two games off the top of my head that Sipp blew and we took one of those games back.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I feel like you've mixed up Velasquez and Sipp. Velasquez was hit or miss this season. For the most part, Sipp was solid. I can only think of two games off the top of my head that Sipp blew and we took one of those games back.

No, I meant what I said. Yeah, Vince was spotty. Vince was also young. I think he will be pretty darn good. Sipp makes me nervous. A lot. I feel more nervous with him than Gregerson. I feel like he throws a lot of pitches and gets exposed which is not what you need from a reliever. But, if we are being honest I'd rather have any of the bunch over Qualls. I like Qualls. But the old Qualls. Not the recent incarnation.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Potentially a good trade for both teams. I think Giles will be lights out for the Astros and I'm sad to see him go. But 4 for 1 is pretty good for the Phillies if a couple of the prospects turn out good. But that's a big IF. Go Phililies!

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Derek Fisher out. Mark Appel in.

Also add Harold Arauz

Final trade. Phillies receive RHPs Vincent Velasquez, Mark Appel, Thomas Eshelman and Harold Arauz and LHP Brett Oberholtzer for Giles and Jonathan Arauz

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Derek Fisher out. Mark Appel in.

Also add Harold Arauz

Final trade. Phillies receive RHPs Vincent Velasquez, Mark Appel, Thomas Eshelman and Harold Arauz and LHP Brett Oberholtzer for Giles and Jonathan Arauz

Phillies killed it, officially. Great get with Appel. No idea what the Astros were thinking......

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online