Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ROID RAGE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
David Ortiz:

crybaby.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Did you watch the game, Markakis? I'm sure even you can admit how awful that umpire was...

I never said the umpire was right, yes he missed several calls all night - the most blatant being Machados "ball 1" (which actually worked in your favor b/c he GIDP)....I said Ortiz' actions were completely uncalled for. If he would've simply jawed at the umpire and got tossed, so be it. But 1. He went apeXXXX on property that wasn't his - or even his team's for that matter...and 2. most importantly, he could have seriously hurt someone in that dugout - including your BEST PLAYER!

IMO, I would've called strike 1 AND strike 2 on Ortiz as well. He's the one that stepped out of the batter's box before the ball even crossed home plate, he's the one that showed up the umpire by tossing the bat before he made the call. I was not surprised in the slightest by the calls on him.

However, the umpire did call a terrible game on both sides all night. It wasn't one-sided.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Isn't the top of the strike zone defined as "the horizontal line at the midpoint between the top of the batter's shoulders and the top of the uniform pants" and that "the strike zone shall be determined from the batter’s stance as the batter is prepared to swing at a pitched ball.”

ortiz2.JPG

So was it a strike?

Last edited:

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Isn't the top of the strike zone defined as "the horizontal line at the midpoint between the top of the batter's shoulders and the top of the uniform pants" and that "the strike zone shall be determined from the batter’s stance as the batter is prepared to swing at a pitched ball.”

ortiz2.JPG

So was it a strike?

It was a ball.

Members online

Latest posts