Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ANNOUNCING: FCB Group, Box, and Case breaks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
At least you are finally admitting it. Now if only you just stopped commenting and then playing victim when wrong you may get how this whole forum thing works.

As for a new breaker. Thats great. But I will only stick with Andrew. I assume most will do the same as new breakers IMO are not needed around here. We could have 75 of them, dont mean traffic will go nuts.

HAhahahah. Agree.

On to the meat of the post....I think you willl find that Andrew and I won't be competing on that many breaks. That, and where Andrew has the volume and clientele to do multiple casers....we obviouslt don't have the rep to do that yet. If you are a baseball only guy and do a lot of chrome, you probably won't see a need or be interested in breaking with FCB. Thats totally allowed. That said, we will solicit EVERY football product for break. Some will fill, some won't but whereas Andrew is more baseball focused we will try to be focused across other sports as well.

If you are a 100% baseball guy....fine with us and we might not be what you are looking for. If you like other sports and are interested in breaking more than just Chrome.....we will definitely get your attention.

It also gives you as a breaker another avenue for high end products to be busted on the board. Want to get into 2 National Treasures breaks on release day instead of one? We can certainly be that other avenue for you.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
If I can't ask if getting product direct equals cheaper prices, then what the hell is a forum for?

I'm sorry that I don't know every single thing about the hobby, I'm trying to work on gaining as much knowledge as possible, but its hard when everyone, including moderators, troll members' questions.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
HAhahahah. Agree.

On to the meat of the post....I think you willl find that Andrew and I won't be competing on that many breaks. That, and where Andrew has the volume and clientele to do multiple casers....we obviouslt don't have the rep to do that yet. If you are a baseball only guy and do a lot of chrome, you probably won't see a need or be interested in breaking with FCB. Thats totally allowed. That said, we will solicit EVERY football product for break. Some will fill, some won't but whereas Andrew is more baseball focused we will try to be focused across other sports as well.

If you are a 100% baseball guy....fine with us and we might not be what you are looking for. If you like other sports and are interested in breaking more than just Chrome.....we will definitely get your attention.

It also gives you as a breaker another avenue for high end products to be busted on the board. Want to get into 2 National Treasures breaks on release day instead of one? We can certainly be that other avenue for you.

Cool. If anything it will be fun to watch both.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Your original questions when I asked who was going to be profiting, moderators or the FCB store/Gilmore:

A. Why does it matter?

B. Do you really think group breakers do it for the profit? Just ask Andrew....when all is said and done it's probably not netting what you think it is after fees.

C. We won't be doing it in a scale that makes it profitable (unless this is wildly popular) ....remember, we are driving board traffic, posts and content! Weirdly enough, there are people who like to see group breaks done....but do not participate.

My responses:
A. It's not obvious?
B. There are many reasons that group breakers perform group breaks, one of which is profit. The second is the ability to buy in quantity and obtain product for the breaker's use at a cheaper rate. There are numerous others.
C. So you're LOSING money on these group breaks?

Your latest questions.

And my responses:

A. Go back and read threads from the past few weeks where you've felt the need to comment on what I've posted. I haven't posted much in the past few months so it shouldn't take long.
B. Why does what matter to me? You asked me if breakers do it for the profit, and I mentioned that yes, that is one of the reasons (albeit not the only one). Your answer is "why does any of that matter to me?" I have no idea what your question is. From your response in B, though, it appears that you're the one that is profiting from it in A).
C. You said that "we won't be doing it on a scale that is profitable". Then, you denied that you were losing money. So you are completely breaking even, not making a penny and not losing one?

All I asked was who was making the profit here, to allow me to gauge as to whether I wanted to spend my money here.

I don't have to know the why and the how, but you've explained the why and how already. Okay, if you say so. I don't remember asking the why and the how, nor did I really care. But, whatever.

This is why people don't like dealing with you. You have taken a trivial at best issue and turned it into a blow up. IF you don't like me, why would you get in a break that is being run by me? Seems like a simple issue and simple fix to me. It doesn't matter if I clear $500 or $5....I have stated up and down the board that it's not about that and isn't being done for that purpose. If we are in a position to make money off of a break...do we not have the right to do that? If we want to give slots away and even do a free break with proceeds of past breaks, would that not be allowed? I expect that all of the above will happen....and its the website/breakers prerogative to do as such.

Since this is an FCB break, everything is approved by Gilmore/mods beforehand....whereas any other random breaker can come on here and solicit and do whatever they like profit/procedure wise. This is an FCB venture, not a BMC398 venture.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
If I can't ask if getting product direct equals cheaper prices, then what the hell is a forum for?

I'm sorry that I don't know every single thing about the hobby, I'm trying to work on gaining as much knowledge as possible, but its hard when everyone, including moderators, troll members' questions.

No one except the moderator thinks you did anything wrong, as far as I can tell.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
No one except the moderator thinks you did anything wrong, as far as I can tell.

Yet i get trolled by a mod and couple members

Maybe i should throw my **** out there....maybe that will get people to stop trolling my normal posts. :rolleyes:

I expected the comments from scrubs like nyc3, but not from a moderator =\

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL

Mods aren't trolling your questions; it goes back to your more aggressive posts from when you first joined up. I've noticed that you are trying to reduce those sorts of posts. Keep the better behavior up, and I think you'll more often get the benefit of the doubt.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I don't care if you clear $5 or $500. Like numerous people, I don't care for you in the least. That's why I didn't come out and say "I hate your guts I'm not giving you a dime I hope Andrew kicks your breaking butt HUR HUR HUR". I simply asked a harmless question -- who profits, Chris, or another moderator? I didn't ask to get into a whole multi-level argument with you, I just wanted to know who was profiting. My internal thinking was that if it was going directly to the board and/or the shop, I would participate. If it went to anyone else (such as you), there wouldn't be a chance in hell of me participate.

You've answered that question clearly -- after 6 exchanges. Obviously, you're profiting from this. This isn't a FCB venture, it's a bmc398 venture. Again, you've completely missed the point. There's nothing wrong with making money from a break; no one begrudges the breaker that. I simply wanted to avoid YOU making money from me. I absolutely will not be participating, and with every additional post you make, I suspect others are feeling the same way.

Good day, sir.

This is why people don't like dealing with you. You have taken a trivial at best issue and turned it into a blow up. IF you don't like me, why would you get in a break that is being run by me? Seems like a simple issue and simple fix to me. It doesn't matter if I clear $500 or $5....I have stated up and down the board that it's not about that and isn't being done for that purpose. If we are in a position to make money off of a break...do we not have the right to do that? If we want to give slots away and even do a free break with proceeds of past breaks, would that not be allowed? I expect that all of the above will happen....and its the website/breakers prerogative to do as such.

Since this is an FCB break, everything is approved by Gilmore/mods beforehand....whereas any random breaker can come on here and solicit. This is an FCB venture, not a BMC398 venture.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
If the goal of this is to drive traffic to the boards, I would have to say that there are probably different areas that would help more than adding another case breaker. There was only one hot list posted in August. The podcast is dead (again), and the vintage files or Collector spotlight type of articles were interesting and captivating, but are both also dead. One can go on twitter and find hundreds of people a night that are breaking cases, but informative articles about the hobby or collectors are few and far between.

If the goal is to make the website a little more profitable, then this is probably a good idea and I wish you luck. But if you are going to be concentrating on mostly non baseball stuff, don't you think there is a reason that Andrew is advertising these types of breaks on a different site now? If he can't fill them here, then I hope you have a plan on how you are going to be doing things differently, as it obviously isn't his service or reputation that wasn't getting them filled.

I hope you don't take these as shots, or trolling, or anything other than my humble opinion.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Yet i get trolled by a mod and couple members

Maybe i should throw my **** out there....maybe that will get people to stop trolling my normal posts. :rolleyes:

I expected the comments from scrubs like nyc3, but not from a moderator =\

A. the **** comment is unnecessary. Just stop.

B. Your question was a half question. You asked if it was cheaper. You never said to whom. Me or the client. By not clarifying this, you leave a lot of room for assumption. Assumption done on the basis of your combative posting history.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Mods aren't trolling your questions; it goes back to your more aggressive posts from when you first joined up. I've noticed that you are trying to reduce those sorts of posts. Keep the better behavior up, and I think you'll more often get the benefit of the doubt.

Aggressive posts or not, I served my suspension, toned back my posts, and asked a question about knowledge I had not.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
If the goal of this is to drive traffic to the boards, I would have to say that there are probably different areas that would help more than adding another case breaker. There was only one hot list posted in August. The podcast is dead (again), and the vintage files or Collector spotlight type of articles were interesting and captivating, but are both also dead. One can go on twitter and find hundreds of people a night that are breaking cases, but informative articles about the hobby or collectors are few and far between.

If the goal is to make the website a little more profitable, then this is probably a good idea and I wish you luck. But if you are going to be concentrating on mostly non baseball stuff, don't you think there is a reason that Andrew is advertising these types of breaks on a different site now? If he can't fill them here, then I hope you have a plan on how you are going to be doing things differently, as it obviously isn't his service or reputation that wasn't getting them filled.

I hope you don't take these as shots, or trolling, or anything other than my humble opinion.

Often times -- not just here, but in many facets of life -- it's easier to let someone fail then to tell them they're going to fail, and that they're wrong, and cause hostility between the parties. However, I completely agree with what you said above, and I believe that my statement in the line above is applicable.

bmc398

May 25, 2009

Noted.

If cost plus shipping Hockey and Basketball breaks don't drive traffic I don't know what will.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
A. the **** comment is unnecessary. Just stop.

B. Your question was a half question. You asked if it was cheaper. You never said to whom. Me or the client. By not clarifying this, you leave a lot of room for assumption. Assumption done on the basis of your combative posting history.

And that's what happens when you assume.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online