Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Are you guys working on Allegiance refractor sets? I have some. I might even have dupes of someone... maybe Gwynn?

There are five guys I collect in that set (Nomar, Grace, Rolen, Thome, and Biggio). Still need the Nomar, Rolen and Grace (if [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] doesn't own them all!), but they're a lower priority for me since they usually go for more than I spend on single cards.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
There is one on ebay at $349.99 OBO. No idea what a fair price would be for him, though.

They generally go for $80-$120, depending on who is going after it. It's a weird combo of being an awesome /100 of Griffey in a Mariners uniform, but a 2000 issue (yuck.) I didn't really want it until the last one popped up at auction. It spiked at $180.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Yup, 38/50, but since it was an online redemption, good chance not all 50 are out there. Not something I was actively looking for, but every now and then something pops up that demands your attention.

2000evolve.jpg

odd seeing stamp numbering
e-Volve Jersey Card

Participants in Upper Deck's e-Card program could receive special e-Volved Jersey cards by entering the code printed on the front of each e-Card. When the code was entered, and a jersey card of the depicted player appeared, the bearer of the base card could then exchange their "virtual" e-Card and receive the Game Jersey upgrade via mail.

The design closely mimics the 2000 Upper Deck Game Jersey inserts except for the gold foil "e-Volve" logo on front. Each e-Volve Jersey Card is hand-numbered to 300 copies and are sequentially-numbered with an "eJ" prefix.

An autographed version of each card is also available. Each card is hand-numbered to 50 copies and has an "eS" prefix.

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This 14-card insert set took me a long while to complete. Cards are all numbered out of /299. A lot of the time, they got listed as "Avant Hall of Fame" instead of their proper name "Avant Hall of Frame."

2003 Fleer Avant "Hall of Frame"
avanthof1.jpg

avanthof2.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
odd seeing stamp numbering
e-Volve Jersey Card

Participants in Upper Deck's e-Card program could receive special e-Volved Jersey cards by entering the code printed on the front of each e-Card. When the code was entered, and a jersey card of the depicted player appeared, the bearer of the base card could then exchange their "virtual" e-Card and receive the Game Jersey upgrade via mail.

The design closely mimics the 2000 Upper Deck Game Jersey inserts except for the gold foil "e-Volve" logo on front. Each e-Volve Jersey Card is hand-numbered to 300 copies and are sequentially-numbered with an "eJ" prefix.

An autographed version of each card is also available. Each card is hand-numbered to 50 copies and has an "eS" prefix.

Not that unusual:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-UPPER-...361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25953e5db9

I've seen several of the e-Volve GU on ebay that can be found with either stamped or hand-numbering.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
This 14-card insert set took me a long while to complete. Cards are all numbered out of /299. A lot of the time, they got listed as "Avant Hall of Fame" instead of their proper name "Avant Hall of Frame."

2003 Fleer Avant "Hall of Frame"
avanthof1.jpg

avanthof2.jpg

Beautiful set - congrats on completing it! 2003 Avant are some of the nicest cards Fleer ever produced. I was about halfway to a black parallel /199 set before I had to sell it off - those were stunning looking cards. Even the Green rookies and SP hall of famers looked gorgeous! If I ever found a case of those for sale I'd buy it and rip in a heartbeat...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Beautiful set - congrats on completing it! 2003 Avant are some of the nicest cards Fleer ever produced. I was about halfway to a black parallel /199 set before I had to sell it off - those were stunning looking cards. Even the Green rookies and SP hall of famers looked gorgeous! If I ever found a case of those for sale I'd buy it and rip in a heartbeat...

Completely agree. I've completed the base set, SP rookies, and SP HOFers. The Blacks are great looking too. I'll probably do the other inserts and then maybe think about attempting the black.

Dec 4, 2008
2005 Topps Turkey Red Gold Foil Parallels #/50, lot of 115 cards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261885642967

Paid a little more for this one than I expected, thought I was going to get an absolute steal. As it is, planning a singles set break in the next couple of months. Some really beautiful cards here. Awesome design & execution. Ok, technically mid-2000's cards. But we will let it slide and include it in this thread.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
2005 Topps Turkey Red Gold Foil Parallels #/50, lot of 115 cards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261885642967

Paid a little more for this one than I expected, thought I was going to get an absolute steal. As it is, planning a singles set break in the next couple of months. Some really beautiful cards here. Awesome design & execution. Ok, technically mid-2000's cards. But we will let it slide and include it in this thread.
turkeysuede.jpg

turkeygold-1.jpg

turkeyblack.jpg

turkeyred.jpg

turkeywhite.jpg

turkey1.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Anyone pick up some of the 2001 Topps HD Platinums from the set that was broken up on eBay? They're kind of hard to track down. I bought two Vlad Guerrero's. Man, someone really wanted the Bagwells - sold for more than the Jeters and Ripkens.

$_57.JPG

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Anyone pick up some of the 2001 Topps HD Platinums from the set that was broken up on eBay? They're kind of hard to track down. I bought two Vlad Guerrero's. Man, someone really wanted the Bagwells - sold for more than the Jeters and Ripkens.

$_57.JPG

Nice cards. Nope, haven't picked any up. Didn't see any Thome's on ebay, but thanks for the heads up. Went to Sportlots and they have around 50 of those cards (3 Vlads), but of course no Thome's.:(

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Nice cards. Nope, haven't picked any up. Didn't see any Thome's on ebay, but thanks for the heads up. Went to Sportlots and they have around 50 of those cards (3 Vlads), but of course no Thome's.:(

The Vlads on Sportlots are priced $8/$12 for the base platinum and $20 for the red platinum. I paid $1.99 base / $2.99 red for the platinums last night. There was a Thome base platinum in the set breakup that sold last night - it went for $5.99. All platinums are numbered out of /199.

Members online