Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinion on a couple patches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
The second one, not sure on the card, but I bought a TON of Marlins stuff from him last August. Everything looked kosher to me.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I have my doubts about both. The first one is supposed to be from the name plate, so I'd expect to see a piece of a letter, not part of a logo (the name plates pacthes I have from 2005 PP are all letter pieces). The second one just looks too good to be true.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
The 2005 patch would require a mistake by Donruss to be real, as it is from the Cleveland Indians logo, not the nameplate. It looks like Donruss also produced a parallel specifically for the logo: 2005 Prime Patches Portraits Sleeve Patch #65 Omar Vizquel/3 (per Beckett). Far more likely that it was faked. I have no familiarity with the 2008 UD set, but considering that the patch is from the same logo, and it's the same seller, my bet would be that he just cut up one patch and put the pieces in two Vizquel cards.

741.jpg

Edit: You could always just buy it and ask the seller to send the real patch along with it :D

A_Pharis

Yeap. Here you go. Feel free to report nofrillscorp and add him to the known list of fakers.

iconPos_16x16.gif
Hope to deal with you again. Thank you.Buyer: Member id nofrillscorp ( Feedback Score Of 1587
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)

Feb-14-13 15:07
OMAR VIZQUEL 2005 PRIME PATCHES PORTRAITS INDIANS 4 COLOR PATCH 8/25 (#200884720310)--View Item

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Yeap. Here you go. Feel free to report nofrillscorp and add him to the known list of fakers.

iconPos_16x16.gif
Hope to deal with you again. Thank you.Buyer: Member id nofrillscorp ( Feedback Score Of 1587
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)
Feb-14-13 15:07
OMAR VIZQUEL 2005 PRIME PATCHES PORTRAITS INDIANS 4 COLOR PATCH 8/25 (#200884720310)--View Item

Does this EVER work? I can't imagine eBay does much more than archive the complaint in a warehouse full of hard-drives. Someone notices when a seller gets 876 complaints of patch faking and shoots the seller an email to ask them...?

I hope I'm wrong.

A_Pharis

At this point, [MENTION=5369]nofrills[/MENTION] may want to speak up to confirm or deny this being him. The signs are pretty clear, but he deserves a chance. If solid evidence is there then the proper steps may be taken here.

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hey!
Sorry this is NOT ME!
I only use eBay to buy items, and my user id is canadian24fan.
I don't know what else I can do to prove it, but this is absolutely NOT me!

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
100% fake on both patches in the OP.
And it's a bit sad to even read that some people have doubts, I thought this forum above all others would know that without much contemplation.

It's because of this that I can no longer collect patch cards at all, and because of ebay's policies on the problem, it's why I don't even buy cards on there any more at all.
And it's why my collection has dwindled down to nearly nothing.
And why I never post anymore.

This hobby is ruined and gets worse every day.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
The 2005 patch would require a mistake by Donruss to be real, as it is from the Cleveland Indians logo, not the nameplate. It looks like Donruss also produced a parallel specifically for the logo: 2005 Prime Patches Portraits Sleeve Patch #65 Omar Vizquel/3 (per Beckett). Far more likely that it was faked. I have no familiarity with the 2008 UD set, but considering that the patch is from the same logo, and it's the same seller, my bet would be that he just cut up one patch and put the pieces in two Vizquel cards.

View attachment 14620

Edit: You could always just buy it and ask the seller to send the real patch along with it :D

LOL.

Yep, great call. Dude used the same patch for both.

Members online

Latest posts