Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you been to a game where something significant/historical happened?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Ripken's last game in Baltimore
Ripken's last game period (at Yankee Stadium; game never ended. Was suspended in like the 15th inning tied 1-1 bc of rain)
First game back in DC in 2005.
Strasburg's first game.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
The weeks leading up to Ripken breaking the record were pretty cool with them counting down the numbers in the middle of the 5th inning every game. My uncle bought about a week's worth of games around the record breaker at the start of the season so I was there quite a bit.

I was at the Camden Yards game when Queen Elizabeth visited. What a PITA that was! :lol:

And we went to an O's game 5 days before he broke the record and even that was pretty incredible...

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
1990 World Series Game 1- ED blasts a HR that sets the tone for the series.....Reds Sweep the heavily favored A's

RenderBitmap

Booooooo. Was an A's fan then. Remember Glenn Braggs breaking a bat over his back on a swinging strike follow through. Beast

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1386823422.743472.jpg
Bonds tying ruth

I was actually in the seats right above where the ball landed. You could see my buddy running down the stairs to the railing on Sportscenter that night.

nomar_collector

Apr 21, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Here's a converse story.

One fine spring day in 2004, I was offered tickets to the Diamondbacks @ Braves game, but opted not to go because it was hot and humid out and I was tired. That ended up being Randy Johnson's perfect game.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I was in KC last year when Adam Dunn hit his 400th HR. I was sitting right next to the left field foul pole so I had a good view of it leaving the yard and subsequently watching a fan dive into the fountain after it.

stokelydokely

Oct 21, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
I was part of what was, at the time, the world's largest Macarena at Yankee Stadium in 1996!

At the Stadium in May 1999, I saw the first-ever MLB matchup of two Japanese-born pitchers, Hideki Irabu and Mac Suzuki.

I, uh, saw Felix Pie's first major league hit. Eduardo Nunez's first ML home run. I always like to read recaps of games I've been to in case I've missed any factoids like these, and I wonder what tidbits I've forgotten over the years.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Not as awesome as some of those mentioned here, but I saw Scott Sheldon play all 9 positions in a game for the Rangers, and I saw Jose Valentin hit for the natural cycle...both happened at US Cellular Field in 2000.

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
nothing too big
last scheduled game of the reg season of the twins in the dome
scott baker almost perfect game ended as a 1 hitter
jim thome hr 596 (490 ft shot)
kyle gibson mlb debut
and my most memorable game ive been to was seeing morneau hit 2 home runs with one being a walk off againt the indians

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Nothing historical but some interesting things I saw in person:
-Adam Dunn charge the mound and get tackled from behind by catcher Mike Lieberthal after Phillies pitcher Carlos Silva threw a pitch behind his back.
-Dmitri Young fracture his right fibula trying to avoid a first-inning double play against the Blue Jays in Toronto.
-Griffey Jr. dislocate his shoulder making a diving catch and then fans (I think they were visiting Cubs fans) taunt him while he rolled around the warning track in pain.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Did anyone keep the ticket stubs? Sell/trade them?

I wish I still had all of mine. I lost a bunch due to a house fire and Hurricane Ivan. Eventually I plan on re-acquiring some of the ticket stubs.

stokelydokely

Oct 21, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
I'm happy to say I've kept most of my ticket stubs over the years. Glad I was a bit of a pack rat even as a kid - I know I still have a couple of AC Yankees stubs, one picturing up-and-coming first baseman JT Snow! Those older stubs are great because I can look up those games and see what happened and who played, and other details that I wouldn't have noticed or appreciated as a young fan.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Beach Boys gave a free concert after Reds game. Was pretty sweet. They all came out in Chevy convertibles (not sure year, maybe 65?)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts