Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

######## Tuesday Morning thread ################# 11/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Good afternoon, folks. Just need to get through today and tomorrow and I have a 4 day weekend highlighted by me going to the Browns-Bengals game in Cincinnati Thursday night on a party bus with 25 or so friends. Should be a blast!

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Evening everyone. Head to PA for training for my new job tomorrow.

On the card front I bought a Catfish Hunter signed rookie today which takes me back up to owning 2 (I've owned 5 in the last year or so). Only ever seen about 10 for sale and this one was once again a great deal compared to what I have sold them for.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
My favorite Vintage set, 1954 Topps, with some of the key cards graded, including the Aaron RC PSA 4, sold for $2800ish on the Auction site. Pretty good price IMO...

A_Pharis

How do you know an auction house compensates low prices with shipping?

Won something for a cheap opening bid. They charge me $40 to ship it. It's a 9x12 poster....
I look them up on Yelp and see that they are notorious for their willy-nilly shipping charges and never give a breakdown. I scour their site, and their shipping policy states that the item ship costs are broken down in the auction.

I go double check the auction - "Shipping is provided by the auction house at buyer cost" is the only thing in the policy.
Look further into the reviews:

"Overcharges shipping"
"Takes 8 weeks to ship"
"Waited 10 weeks for shipment and had to file with credit card to get my money back after being told I'd be refunded."

I sent them an e-mail asking for a shipping breakdown.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
7:00 pm. I'm cracking that box of '99 Fleer Tradition. I will update later any goodies. Come on Starting 9!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning.
October weather numbers are in. We had 22.5" of rain in October with precipitation 30 of 31 days. Average is 19"

WOW!

Won something for a cheap opening bid. They charge me $40 to ship it. It's a 9x12 poster....
I look them up on Yelp and see that they are notorious for their willy-nilly shipping charges and never give a breakdown. I scour their site, and their shipping policy states that the item ship costs are broken down in the auction.

I go double check the auction - "Shipping is provided by the auction house at buyer cost" is the only thing in the policy.

"Overcharges shipping"
"Takes 8 weeks to ship"
"Waited 10 weeks for shipment and had to file with credit card to get my money back after being told I'd be refunded."

Sounds fishy

7:00 pm. I'm cracking that box of '99 Fleer Tradition. I will update later any goodies. Come on Starting 9!

Good luck!

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida

"Overcharges shipping"
"Takes 8 weeks to ship"

For that price, they should've sent it by limo. SMH

Best of luck and be sure to update with pics!:)

Outstanding!!