Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^ Wednesday Morning Thread ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I find it funny, that the Republicans in the state of Illinois are saying that this state is a Democratic state.

When counting backwords from the current governor.
Quinn .....Dem Got his office first from his predecessor going to jail.
Blogovich .....Dem did not finish his
term was impeached and jailed
George Ryan..... Republican held to 2 terms and went to jail for bribes while in the secretary of states office.
Jim Edgar republicican held the office for 2 terms and came from the secretary of states office. Left office as governor for health reasons. But later it came out that he was going to be indicted for abuse of power while in the Secretary states office.
Jim Thompson......Republican held office for 2 terms and did a pretty good job agreed by both parties back then.
Walker....Dem? And one and done. And did not do great either.
So that goes back to atleast 30+ years. But this is a Demecratic state.
Right it is:p
Maybe n the house and senate yes.
Over this time frame But not in the top stop. And never will be.
We are a conservative state that tends to vote republican and change party lines in mid- term ele tions and with party disenchantment.
And that will always be they eat it is.

Illinois is weird in that Chicago is strongly Democratic, but the rest of the state Republican. But with Chicago's population, it usually carries the state. You have this relatively tiny geographic area controlling a huge geographic area. Funny how it works. In this election, most all the "collar" Chicagoland suburbs voted Republican though, and that swayed the election of Rauner. I think the result will be good for our state's economy, but not so much for our schools. Oh well, I can take the kids to the library. I'd rather keep my job. And joking aside, the taxes were getting so out of hand that my company was considering moving out of state. We have 4 manufacturing facilities in downstate Illinois, but #5 , our newest facility, was built in Florida because of tax increases under Quinn.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I posted this the other night but thought I'd repost because it was pretty interesting for me...

Three Belle printing plates from 2014 Supreme went up on eBay all closing about 24 hours after the next. This is interesting because if you win all three, you'd have three of the four printing plates for a single card.

Okay, so the first one I figured $50 would be more than enough snipe to win it but ended up putting a $55 snipe in place just in case... well that one I was out sniped and it sold for ~$56.

So onto the second one and scratching my head for how I lost the first one. Set the snipe even higher at $65... well that one I was out sniped again and it sold for ~$66.

Soooooo now I'm just confused and have no idea what the hell is going on, so I pump up the snipe again and since I'm being screwed over IMO and am not winning these, I figured I'll make whoever is doing this pay-up for the third... well that one I end up winning for less than the first one sold for! Haha

Okay, so either (A) he ran out of funds and just gave up on the third one or (B) they were all BS sales to begin with or (C) he didn't see the third one?

Either way, sucks I lost the first two but one the third one... guess I can't win them all... plus I don't have unlimited funds either, so if I would have been in his shoes, might have passed on the third one as well.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Mac - Same seller ? And, is it someone that you've been outbid you on previous Belle's ?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mac - Same seller ? And, is it someone that you've been outbid you on previous Belle's ?
I don't believe it is the same seller but am positive it is the same buyer. Don't have the ID obviously, so have no idea if I have run across him before but the serious Belle collector universe is slim.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I don't believe it is the same seller but am positive it is the same buyer. Don't have the ID obviously, so have no idea if I have run across him before but the serious Belle collector universe is slim.

Same buyer is what I meant. Being up for 12-15 hours already is getting to me ... The feedback number on the winning bidder should be the same, if it's the same bidder.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good evening all!
Glad all the political ads are over and very happy the way things turned out.:)
Zack - Welcome to the gator lovers club. Your membership card and newsletter are on the way. You get a special sticker in the shape of Louisiana if you used hot sauce.;-)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good evening all!
Glad all the political ads are over and very happy the way things turned out.:)
Zack - Welcome to the gator lovers club. Your membership card and newsletter are on the way. You get a special sticker in the shape of Louisiana if you used hot sauce.;-)

There wasn't any hot sauce on the counter near me. I didn't order the gator myself, some others did for us to share. I used some spicy mustard for it though if that counts :lol: But if there would have been some hot sauce I would have used it! Heck, I have a bottle Cholula in my dorm, and then some packets of Tabasco sauce from a fast food restaurant as well.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
There wasn't any hot sauce on the counter near me. I didn't order the gator myself, some others did for us to share. I used some spicy mustard for it though if that counts :lol: But if there would have been some hot sauce I would have used it! Heck, I have a bottle Cholula in my dorm, and then some packets of Tabasco sauce from a fast food restaurant as well.

Tabasco is the hot sauce of choice but spicy mustard will get you a Louisiana purchase lapel pin.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
An early wynn immortal sigs has been listed. Only one I've seen in 3 years, BUT it's probably the worst one I've seen as well..
Would you go for something knowing that and hope another us listed in the future or pass?

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
An early wynn immortal sigs has been listed. Only one I've seen in 3 years, BUT it's probably the worst one I've seen as well..
Would you go for something knowing that and hope another us listed in the future or pass?

Does the scarcity outweigh the condition? Right or wrong, I would probably jump if I thought the price was right.
It would fill the hole until one in better condition came along.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Same buyer is what I meant. Being up for 12-15 hours already is getting to me ... The feedback number on the winning bidder should be the same, if it's the same bidder.
Well... the story gets better as of tonight...

The 1/1 was ending tonight and I just figured that since someone paid up $55 and $65 for printing plates to beat me (but losing the third one for like $50) that the 1/1 will likely not be attainable either. Well................ I won that tonight for $39 ?! Yea, I don't get it. I'm just in shock. Again, I think the other two sales which got away from me were either BS or someone not knowing what they're doing and it is likely they'll show up back on eBay eventually.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That's cool. Bet they'll show back up as well. BIN is my bet
Yea. I am 99% sure I know who it is too. Same guy who drops a nice penny on some Belle cards and then all the sudden a few months later posts on BO or eBay that he is liquidating and moving onto another player. It is happened about twice that I can remember. Only times where I've had a card(s) marked "GONE" on my checklist and then all the sudden I end up owning and removing that mark and comment in my footnotes of my checklist.

Members online

Latest posts