Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Hey, just had a question to you fellow Griffey collectors out there on a Ken Griffey Jr 2013 Topps Tier One Triple Patch Auto 1/1 card that I will be receiving in several months? Was wondering if you think the patches on the card will be Mariners or Reds? Appreciate everyone's thoughts! Thanks!

Very,very possible you recieve bat pieces.But if I had to say,all his current g/u'd stuff looks like Reds pants.Hope you get some crazy patches,but with Topps I wouldnt hold my breath. :\ Hope you get the card,all together!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Well, been thinking about moving some of my Autoed Cards, if the prices are right.. there are several that are staying in my PC I'm sure you know which thoses ones are

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Won this card on eBay last Sunday and just can't wait to get it back from Topps! It's gonna be a very beautiful looking card and nothing beats a Griffey 1/1! Topps tweeted a few days ago that Griffey just got done signing his redemption cards for Topps so I should receive this card sooner than later! Let me know what you think of it? Thanks!:D
:D001 (35).jpg

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
Well, been thinking about moving some of my Autoed Cards, if the prices are right.. there are several that are staying in my PC I'm sure you know which thoses ones are

I'd be interested if you have any on card Mariners auto's you'd like to move :)

PayPal ready!

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Very,very possible you recieve bat pieces.But if I had to say,all his current g/u'd stuff looks like Reds pants.Hope you get some crazy patches,but with Topps I wouldnt hold my breath. :\ Hope you get the card,all together!
LOL! It's definitely not going to be bat pieces that's for sure! I know you are referring to a 2012 Triple Threads Triple Bat Auto card but as I recall the redemption for that card said TRIPLE RELIC which can mean either jersey or bat! Wasn't surprised at all that it wasn't patches as it would say PATCH on the redemption so Topps was fine with their wording. Anyways, it will be a 1/1 card with 3 sick looking patch pieces and his auto. It will probably be the best Griffey from that set and the only 1/1 card! Since Griffey just got done signing his redemptions for Topps I would guess the card should arrive within the next month or so. I will definitely post a pic for everyone to see! Thanks!;)

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Are all the triple patches 1/1's?

Triple patches are 1/1 but I highly doubt it is a mariners patch. Probably a reds patch which is still awesome but I'd temper expectations TPM.

I have a museum frame auto /10 I'm waiting for and can't wait. When I saw that tweet showing Griff sign his cards I was pumped!

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Triple patches are 1/1 but I highly doubt it is a mariners patch. Probably a reds patch which is still awesome but I'd temper expectations TPM.

I have a museum frame auto /10 I'm waiting for and can't wait. When I saw that tweet showing Griff sign his cards I was pumped!
It could be a Reds patch which is fine with me. Topps probably has a lot more Reds jerseys that Griffey wore cause of all of those years with Cincy so I can completely understand and respect if Topps uses Reds patches! I'm a Griffey fan so I like any of this cards being Reds or Mariners. As long as it is Griffey on the card that's all that matters to me in the end! I'm sure you would be very excited like I am to get the card since it is a 1/1 card so of course I am going to have high expectations for this card. I also have high expectations because I have seen a few other players from the Tier One Triple Patch Auto 1/1 set with sick logo patch pieces so this tells me that Topps is pretty darn serious with their patches in the 1/1 cards as they should be being 1/1 cards! The patches should be beautiful looking patches no matter what and I'm sure I won't be disappointed! I was like you and definitely pumped about seeing Griffey signing the redemptions! :D

Last edited:

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Hope his tier one autos are on card. Just picked up the relic auto redemption

Sent from my iPhone
The Tier One Prodigious Patch /10 Autos are all on card and the Tier One dual /25 and triple patch 1/1 autos are all sticker so the Triple Patch Auto 1/1 card that I am waiting to get from Topps is a sticker auto but that's fine with me. I know on card autos are the best and I can't argue that but I really don't mind the sticker autos. Griffey does a great job signing those as well and since he has such a nice signature a sticker auto is fine with me! The one that you are waiting on is a sticker auto. I don't blame Topps for using the sticker autos as it is much easier for Griffey to sign the sticker sheets and the redemptions probably come back a lot faster. In the end to me it's still his auto and like I mentioned a majority of the sticker autos that I have seen of his are all really nice! Hope this helps ya!;)

Last edited:

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
His topps autos should not be on sticker...if he's doing all of his signings now anyway for products already produced then topps should just hand him the card to sign. At least for products already released. Seems reasonable to me.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
His topps autos should not be on sticker...if he's doing all of his signings now anyway for products already produced then topps should just hand him the card to sign. At least for products already released. Seems reasonable to me.
Yeah, I agree with you that should be the way to go. Hopefully you are right!;)
Tier One should be on card,may pickup the base relic auto.They can be had for a decent price right now.
I hope they are all on card autos. Just going by what I have seen from other players from Tier One that have been listed on eBay. So we will all soon find out! Should be nice looking Griffey cards released!:D

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Just called Topps this morning about my Griffey 2013 Topps Tier One Triple Patch Auto 1/1 Redemption card and they said I should receive it no later than Christmas Time! I'm betting that it will ship out sooner than that since Griffey just got done signing all of his redemptions. Also, it will be a sticker auto which is what I originally thought it would be. I as a collector don't mind his sticker autos as he seems to do a great job signing those! Of course nothing beats an on card auto but this card is a 1/1 card with three patches so it really doesn't get any better than that! Should be a very nice card. Just thought I would let everyone on here know this. Thanks!;)

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
Looking for the 2000 Upper Deck Ovation Super Signatures Gold /50 if anyone has one.

PayPal ready PM if you have a price in mind please :)

Members online