Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

300 million dollar payroll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So because the players suck its the managers fault? Because the reliever throws the ball right down the middle of the plate belt high so the batter can hit it 500 feet, its the managers fault? Because the batter swings at 3 straight balls in the dirt, its the managers fault? If the batter swings at a ball in the dirt, swings at a ball 3 feet outta the strikezone and then watches a ball go right down the middle of the plate for strike 3, its the managers fault?

Stop blaming everyone esle for your own problems!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
So because the players suck its the managers fault? Because the reliever throws the ball right down the middle of the plate belt high so the batter can hit it 500 feet, its the managers fault? Because the batter swings at 3 straight balls in the dirt, its the managers fault? If the batter swings at a ball in the dirt, swings at a ball 3 feet outta the strikezone and then watches a ball go right down the middle of the plate for strike 3, its the managers fault?

Stop blaming everyone esle for your own problems!

First off I love the dodgers sucking but have you ever watched baseball? The managers always take the blame. They also get a ton of credit. Last year the talk of the NLDS was the Nats got out coached by the Giants. Matheny took a lot of heat for leaving Wacha in game 5 of the NLCS. Its more common for the manager to get axed because they're easier to replace than the talent.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
So because the players suck its the managers fault?

There are a lot of times when a manager puts a player in the game in a situation that is no-win for the player.

Tony LaRussa did it TWICE to Steve Kline against the Giants in the playoffs in back to back years. He bent Kline over and screwed him as hard as he could two playoffs in a row. I still think he hated Steve Kline and did it on purpose.

First off I love the dodgers sucking but have you ever watched baseball? The managers always take the blame. They also get a ton of credit. Last year the talk of the NLDS was the Nats got out coached by the Giants. Matheny took a lot of heat for leaving Wacha in game 5 of the NLCS. Its more common for the manager to get axed because they're easier to replace than the talent.

Yes sir

I watch Ryan Braun alot...The guy who will swing and miss at a pitch in the dirt or one way up and in...I also watch Matt Garza and Kyle Lohse, who at both terrible, but oh all 3 of those things are the managers fault huh?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Yes sir

I watch Ryan Braun alot...The guy who will swing and miss at a pitch in the dirt or one way up and in...I also watch Matt Garza and Kyle Lohse, who at both terrible, but oh all 3 of those things are the managers fault huh?

The managers are there to manage the players. The coaches are there to teach the players how to play the game.

If the players can't play the game, the manager shouldn't play them.

If Braun can't hit, he shouldn't play. If Garza and Lohse suck, they shouldn't pitch. Managers fault if he sends them out there when they shouldn't be playing.

End of story.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
A few brief thoughts:

* regarding managers: sometime a manager absolutely has to take the blame for how his team performs on the field. Mattingly is horrible, abysmal, awful. Seriously, He's really, really bad. Has he ever heard of the hit & run? Ring a bell, Donnie? Does he think that with Dee's trade there are no longer people on the roster that can steal a base, or at least attempt the act? How about when you pinch hit for the f'ing DH the other day in Oakland? Yeah, let's put f'ing Callaspo in (DFA'ed after that very game) for Van Slyke, who at least has the chance to put the ball out. Or how about today? Let's pinch-hit for Ethier, who was only 3-3. The best decision he made all year came today when benched Joc in favor of Kiké. Mattingly should absolutely be looking over his shoulder, or down the 3rd base line, when the Doyers are batting. Preceding Mattingly through the door should be our "hitting" coach. No-hitters happen, but this has been a prolonged stretch of haplessness at the plate. Joc should never have been allowed to regress this much. We suck at hitting with RISP, we suck at situational hitting, we suck at pretty much all the things that a manager has at least some control over. Mattingly and McGwire need to go. Now.

* regarding Kershaw's "meltdown": c'mon, Sam. I expect better of you. I know you're trying to bait the Doyer fans, but you're smarter than that. Were it Wainwright hurling the ball to the ground after muffing a grounder, you'd call it passion, or intensity, or some other flattering descriptor. You'd laud his competitiveness and desire to win. I was at that game, and rt was obvious that Blue missed a called 3rd strike on Valencia (confirmed after I saw the replay on my phone). Sure enough, a 'tweener grounder results in Valencia standing on 1st. Honestly, that's the first time I've ever seen Kershaw show negative emotion, and Sam, I bet that's the first time you've seen it. Homers will be homers (and at heart we are all homers to a certain extent), but at least have a little objectivity.

* the bullpen: @#$@%@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%. And that's all I have to say about that.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I love it! That bullpen is so awful. It seems like if u can get past Grienke and Kershaw you gotta good chance to win

or the Astros gameplan this weekend as relayed by somone who I think was an Astros broadcaster was to get to the Dodgers bullpen early because the bullpen would be easier to beat than the starters if they were to go deep.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
or the Astros gameplan this weekend as relayed by somone who I think was an Astros broadcaster was to get to the Dodgers bullpen early because the bullpen would be easier to beat than the starters if they were to go deep.

That's a solid game plan. So much money spent but traded for Jim Johnson to help the pen? Hahaha, but at least they have the really smart sabermetrics guy from Oakland right

Members online

Latest posts